British Speedway Forum
madame muck

Ben Barker In Trouble With The Police

I like him because he stroked my puppy 3 years ago. ;)

• Like 1

Leaving the scene of an accident and running from the Police are two different offences. Nothing theoretical about it, he was convicted of one but not the other.

He was charged with two offences. He fled the scene where he knew police would be on there way, that is running from the police no matter how you try and paint it.

He was charged with two offences. He fled the scene where he knew police would be on there way, that is running from the police no matter how you try and paint it.

For all we know it could have happened at 3am with no witnesses and he was traced in other ways when the Police weren't called until hours later. You can't run from what is not there no matter how you try to paint it! There is a difference between what is known - fact - and what you think - conjecture.

• Like 1

I'm still wondering just what Barker has done to polarise opinion so much. It seems he is either hated or admired, why?

Because on track Barker is a joy to watch. An all out racer and who battles from the time the tapes ride until he is over the line however futile that fight may be. He doesn't know how to lose and hates it when he does.

But off track he does have this amazing habit of finding himself in situations, saying things and doing things that piss people off.

Personally, off track I've always found him OK myself, always up for a chat and very honest (probably too honest at times).

Would I invite him to a party I was hosting? Probably not. Would I invite him to an open meeting I was hosting or to sign for my team if I was a promoter? Too right!

For all we know it could have happened at 3am with no witnesses and he was traced in other ways when the Police weren't called until hours later. You can't run from what is not there no matter how you try to paint it! There is a difference between what is known - fact - and what you think - conjecture.

Why didnt he report the incident to the police then?

He has committed an offence which in this country is called a hit and run - just as if not more serious than what Ward has done. So what if the police weren't there at the time, he knew they would be coming for him but he preferred to stay away and not report it or hand himself in.

Plenty of self righteous folk on here. Personally - I would prefer to wait until the FULL facts come out before commenting.

• Like 1

Plenty of self righteous folk on here. Personally - I would prefer to wait until the FULL facts come out before commenting.

Err.. surely the facts have come out as he has been banned for 6 months and admitted to the two offences?

• Like 2

Why didnt he report the incident to the police then?

He has committed an offence which in this country is called a hit and run - just as if not more serious than what Ward has done. So what if the police weren't there at the time, he knew they would be coming for him but he preferred to stay away and not report it or hand himself in.

Hit and run is against a person and he would have got a lot more than a 6 month ban. Leaving the scene on an accident is not "running from the law"

A young speedway rider behaves like a yobo, and another is a careless driver. They are certainly not the first, and I'd wager they won't be last. Yet this has prompted 25 pages plus of comment.

What next? "Pope admits he is a catholic"!!!

• Like 1

A young speedway rider behaves like a yobo, and another is a careless driver. They are certainly not the first, and I'd wager they won't be last. Yet this has prompted 25 pages plus of comment.

What next? "Pope admits he is a catholic"!!!

Are you going to go onto the thread for a meeting and say, "15 speedway heats happened, it's not the first time or the last time yet here we are discussing it"?

Because on track Barker is a joy to watch. An all out racer and who battles from the time the tapes ride until he is over the line however futile that fight may be. He doesn't know how to lose and hates it when he does.

But off track he does have this amazing habit of finding himself in situations, saying things and doing things that piss people off.

Personally, off track I've always found him OK myself, always up for a chat and very honest (probably too honest at times).

Would I invite him to a party I was hosting? Probably not. Would I invite him to an open meeting I was hosting or to sign for my team if I was a promoter? Too right!

....and occasionally he even drives to those situations himself!!!
  • Like 1

....and occasionally he even drives to those situations himself!!!

Not for six months, he won't :D

• Like 1

Not for six months, he won't :D

Well he wouldn't be the first or last to do that either,but let's hope he isn't that silly..........