British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vues National Speedway Stadium

No Ray - none whatsoever. I am confident that sometime soon I will be trekking off to Manchester to watch Belle Vue in their new Stadium. :t::approve: :approve:

I will gladly join you when that day arrives! :drink:

• Like 1

Neither will be built. Have to question the point of building a 6000 seater stadium when it will have two men and a dog in it on all but two weeks of the year

According to a report from Terry Russel the diggers are moving in this week, so Swindon, but I wait to see.

If it is the case I hope the machines have floats and not tracks.

The machines move in to build houses not a new stadium . Please don't me you think clark and co will build a new stadium ?

The machines move in to build houses not a new stadium . Please don't me you think clark and co will build a new stadium ?

Indeed. Sadly the houses wii also be the death knell for speedway in swindon.

• Like 1

Indeed. Sadly the houses wii also be the death knell for speedway in swindon.

The sad thing is even after all this time People still think that Clark will build a speedway stadium ..he must laugh his head off at speedway fans .

In that case you ought to contact TR and tell him his report in the paper is wrong about the stadium for 2015 and 2014 is the last season in the current stadium.

In that case you ought to contact TR and tell him his report in the paper is wrong about the stadium for 2015 and 2014 is the last season in the current stadium.

What did you expect him to say ? this is the last season as clark is going to stitch us up and not build a stadium once the houses get built ? no doubt the reports in the other speedway towns when Clark and co said they was building a speedway stadium were correct ...no doubt you got took in by that as well ?

Edited by orion

What did you expect him to say ? this is the last season as clark is going to stitch us up and not build a stadium once the houses get built ? no doubt the reports in the other papers when Clark and co sid they was building a speedway were correct ...no doubt you got took in by that as well ?

Not taken in at all.

Not taken in at all.

Think about it objectively for one minute. A new stadium costs £4m and let's say it makes £400,000 profit per year. It'll take 10 years to simply replay the cost of construction, before the developers see any net gain.

The land where the new stadium is proposed could site around 200 houses. If each house costs an average of £100,000 to build and sells for £200,000 that's £20m profit.

Which would you rather do? Built a stadium and wait for 10 years before you see any return or build houses and make £20m the moment they are sold?

It's a no brainer.

Edited by MattK

I fully understand all that Matt, lets just see what happens before or when a defined number of houses are occupied.

I did mention in my post "but I wait to see".

Edited by A ORLOV

Talk is cheap, and plans being drawn up mean nothing. Didn't Swindon council once say that no houses will be built until the stadium is ready? Or something like that.Meanwhile, back at Belle Vue!

Think about it objectively for one minute. A new stadium costs £4m and let's say it makes £400,000 profit per year. It'll take 10 years to simply replay the cost of construction, before the developers see any net gain.

The land where the new stadium is proposed could site around 200 houses. If each house costs an average of £100,000 to build and sells for £200,000 that's £20m profit.

Which would you rather do? Built a stadium and wait for 10 years before you see any return or build houses and make £20m the moment they are sold?

It's a no brainer.

My understanding was that the council were paying for the construction and Belle Vue were to pay a fee of around £1.5m back to the Council over 50 years + yearly rent or something??

The builders will be receiving their money straight after completion so that won't be the hold up

My understanding was that the council were paying for the construction and Belle Vue were to pay a fee of around £1.5m back to the Council over 50 years + yearly rent or something??The builders will be receiving their money straight after completion so that won't be the hold up

Sorry, we digressed on to the subject of Swindon based on the question about which stadium will be built first.

My understanding is that the council is borrowing £4m to build the stadium and will then lease it to a private company run the management of Belle Vue speedway.

So what's the latest on the new stadium ? I would guess the builders are in now track being laid ? Or is it another pie in the sky idea ?

I guess the lack of response from BV fans either mean nothing new to report or the new stadium is dead in the water .