British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vues National Speedway Stadium

Nowt changes.

On this day of great importance and relevance to both Belle Vue and British Speedway, the usual non attending culprits delight to talking it down and knocking the occasion.

Step forward the usual non paying and non attending suspects, Moxey and Oldace.

"knocking down" I was merely pointing out the £75,000 per annum repayment figure is correct. In your rush to have a pop you fail to read the post properly and make yourself look silly, as per

Least we still show an interest in the sport, no matter what. Imagine all the voices that are no longer even interested in airing their views - one time speedway fans from past - that have gone off to find proper lives.

Least Oldace and moxey remain loyal.

Anyhow, other threads have loads of posts crying out how bad speedway is... from fans who actually still attend!

Someone needs to give their heads a wobble.

When two non-attendees have something to say, it's a case of closing ranks by the ones - the few - which words "heads" and "sand" can be attributed to.

Edited by moxey63

RFL pitch regulations would make the Belle Vue track HUGE

Their regulations are (at full dimensions) 100m(116m) x 68m(74m)

That would make around a 420m speedway track, WOW

Well, Workington is 364m and that's round a professional rugby league pitch. But we will see (hopefully!).

Well, Workington is 364m and that's round a professional rugby league pitch. But we will see (hopefully!).

I think existing surroundings with other established sporting events have a dispensation. I understand all new builds must adhere to the RFL regulations

Think it's time they dropped this Manchester United of British speedway analogy as in 21st century terms they are more like Hartlepool or Torquay.

Nice to see it's been green lighted but it's still not built and having a bit of experience of this kind of thing having worked on projects a lot bigger than this for the last 40 years it will need a lot of things to happen quickly to see it open in March 2014.

6000 seater? Didn't look like too many 'seats' in the graphic.

BV still have the problem of attracting a crowd to help pay for this.

Best of British to them of course but it's hardly worth going overboard about as it's still a pretty 'cheap' looking stadium for 10 mill.

It might bring the sport in Manchester into the 20th century but it's still hardly a quantum leap from Scunthorpe or Leicester or Mildenhall's stadium

Good news of course but it's still little more than the normal tin shed with a bit of concrete to stand on.

Edited by pandorum

Think it's time they dropped this Manchester United of British speedway analogy as in 21st century terms they are more like Hartlepool or Torquay.

Nice to see it's been green lighted but it's still not built and having a bit of experience of this kind of thing having worked on projects a lot bigger than this for the last 40 years it will need a lot of things to happen quickly to see it open in March 2014.

Best of British to them of course but it's hardly worth going overboard about as it's still a pretty 'cheap' looking stadium for 10 mill.

It might bring the sport in Manchester into the 20th century but it's still hardly a quantum leap from Scunthorpe or Leicester or Mildenhall's stadium

Good news of course but it's still little more than the normal tin shed with a bit of concrete to stand on.

It's £4.5M for the stadium, within the £10M for the Sports Village.

Least we still show an interest in the sport, no matter what. Imagine all the voices that are no longer even interested in airing their views - one time speedway fans from past - that have gone off to find proper lives.

Least Oldace and moxey remain loyal.

Anyhow, other threads have loads of posts crying out how bad speedway is... from fans who actually still attend!

Someone needs to give their heads a wobble.

When two non-attendees have something to say, it's a case of closing ranks by the ones - the few - which words "heads" and "sand" can be attributed to.

Yes, but knocking it at every opportunity, even the 'good' news. You don't go, you don't pay anything into it, but you think you should still be heard.

• Like 1

Listen Tsunami

Idiot I am certainly not, therefore I refuse to hand over my prized cash for a product I don't really enjoy at the present time. It is good news, Belle Vue's new stadium, and I may be tempted to partake in an experience there when it opens.

But let's not pretend a corner shop opening on a rundown shopping mall is the end to a treble-dip recession.

I hope this is a catalyst for maybe the local authorities in Dudley and Bristol to look at what is happening here and engage with the promotions to do something similar in their cities. If successful, it can be the start of something bigger for speedway in the UK.

I agree, we're the Belle Vue of speedway not the Man U. The greatest speedway team of the 20th century and with 80 odd years still to go the greatest of the 21st century.

It's 2500 seats plus terracing.

Some nice pics of the tin shed here. http://www.bellevueaces.co/newsitem.aspx?id=885

LOL

It is good news, Belle Vue's new stadium, and I may be tempted to partake in an experience there when it opens.

That says it all to me. If a bloke who has issues with club can be tempted then we will have no problem attracting all the people with a passing intrest in the Aces.

I think we will get 6000 for opening night.

That will pay the £75K in one go plus a good few grand on top.

over 20 matches bv must be paying nearly as much (if not more) than 75k a year now in rent...

for that they get nothing in return...

might as well pay the same and get car parking, bar and restaurant take as well as being able to 'let out' the facility to a third party and pocket the money...,

a great day for the aces and the sport in general...

• Like 1

A word of caution.

The application now has to go before the Planning Committee. As I remember it there is a fair amount of housing in the immediate vicinity. This alone could prove to be a problem.

I feel it's a litle early to talk of the opening date at this time. Naturally as a Belle Vue fan of several decades I would be overjoyed to see the stadium in action and the return of real speedway to Manchester.

This is the resurgence that the sport desperately needs.

A word of caution.

The application now has to go before the Planning Committee. As I remember it there is a fair amount of housing in the immediate vicinity. This alone could prove to be a problem.

Nonsense.

The planning permission is just a formality. Manchester Council have to say to Manchester Council "can we have planning permission to move the Speedway facility 200 yards down the road"....and Manchester Council say to Manchester Council "of course you can"...and Manchester Council say to Manchester Council "thank you".

Don't you think in the last 6 years they haven't already looked into this and designed it in a way that the council are happy with?

As for the local residents it will be better as the current stadium is, lets say, 'open plan', whereas the new one will be in a slight bowl with the terracing acting as a sound barrier.

• Like 2

As the speedway is already there and running noise wont be a problem, compared to the racket of F1 stocks the speedway is hardly deafening

I think existing surroundings with other established sporting events have a dispensation. I understand all new builds must adhere to the RFL regulations

OK, thanks. My other thought was that, as it's principally schools related and some community use, that might mean age-group rugby with a smaller pitch but that's totally off the top of my head.

Great news that the scheme seems set to go ahead, anyway, on the assumption that planning permission doesn't throw up any unexpected snags.

Edited by Fourentee

I agree, we're the Belle Vue of speedway not the Man U. The greatest speedway team of the 20th century and with 80 odd years still to go the greatest of the 21st century.

It's 2500 seats plus terracing.

Some nice pics of the tin shed here. http://www.bellevuea...tem.aspx?id=885

LOL

That says it all to me. If a bloke who has issues with club can be tempted then we will have no problem attracting all the people with a passing intrest in the Aces.

I think we will get 6000 for opening night.

That will pay the £75K in one go plus a good few grand on top.

Really? See post #42.

He'll go along, if he can get a free pass. Hopefully, the promotion will make sure that Moxey has to pay like the rest of us plebs to get into the new stadium.

• Like 1