British Speedway Forum
luluthetiger

Berwick V Newcastle - Live On Sky - May 21st

Agree with the positive comments about the track, went to Berrington Lough a couple of times but never been to this one, from what I saw tonight I will definitely make the effort next time I'm in the vicinity on a racenight, bet it looks even better under floodlights. The bends were reminiscent of the Shay, of course that stadium was also shared with the football club.

Fair result in the end I think, Newcastle dug deeper when mattered, as others have pointed out the Berwick lad bailing out like he did just served to inspire the Diamonds.

Stuart Robson, he's a rider I really have time for, never fails to give his all for the cause, I was disappointed that he had to pull out of last weeks British Final, always great to watch.

Roll on the next PL Sky match as far as I'm concerned, hopefully we'll get a meeting from Somerset along with a couple of other 'new' ones.

Well done Berwick Speedway, great to see them get a decent crowd in for all their efforts in promoting the meeting, hope the pies sold out, they're good, apparently..

• Like 2

Good meeting,track looked superb,Diamonds were worthy winners .Promotion deserve a lot of credit for a very professional show.

PS

The track should be like that every week

Edited by Fromafar

Me thinkith there will be some humble pie to be eating to those Diamond doubters.

No doubters with the team, we have a great side this year and we haven't actually seen the full side ride yet. If we can get Steve going away from home and avoid the kind of serious injury we suffered last year we are good enough to win the title. I think the comments about the decision to commit without Ludvig tonight (mine included) were fair. As it turns out we got an astonishing performance with a weak looking side one of the best I've ever seen from a Diamonds side in 30 years watching them.
  • Like 2

As NJC71 stated I stand by my earlier comments. However I want to congratulate George and the riders on a fantastic performance and the committment and determination they demonstrated was outstanding. I didn't give the team a hope in hell but I'm over the moon to say they proved me wrong big time!

Edited by acclennell

Newcastle looking every bit like champions now. Had lindgren been there this would of been a right drubbing for berwick.

Hard to say where berwick go from here, with kennett in the side they look a superb outfit on paper.

:rofl: Nice gesture by George Hepburn to give Paul Starke a kiss on the "helmet" after his slide off when he walked back into the pits...
  • Like 1

:rofl: Nice gesture by George Hepburn to give Paul Starke a kiss on the "helmet" after his slide off when he walked back into the pits...

I saw that and wondered who it was,silly thing to do

• Like 3

How very dare you... :nono:

Looked more like a peck on the peak to me. :t:

Enjoyable PL match once again, Berwick done a grand Job, shame Eddie didn't. :shock:

• Like 2

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

How very dare you... :nono:

Looked more like a peck on the peak to me. :t:

If i remember rightly he kissed Lee Complins "helmet" when the bandits won the 4s. at peterboro..

Just got home. So pleased I went in the end. A magnificent performance, epic pies, a good crowd, some decent speedway racing and someone to take on the comedy booing stooge position from Havvy Junior.

A warm reception awaits Mr Starke on his next visit to Brough. Boooooooo.

The reff should have the power to kick Paul Starke out the rest of the meeting for what he did if not be banned for the next Berwick meeting.

Why?--- The fact that Robson and Kozza looked like crashing with knowone giving an inch,i felt he put the bike down fearing a big smash ahead,and how they stayed on was amazing.BUT i do agree after laying the bike down he milked it big time by not getting off the track,but i honestly think his first actions to lay the bike down was genuine.

• Like 5

What a fantastic meeting, two in a row.

Pity about the result - from my point of view - but Newcastle were pretty solid and thoroughly deserved the win.

The meeting could have gone either way quite easily, but the Diamonds upped their game in the latter part of the meeting.

Everyone involved with the running of Berwick Speedway should be very proud of what they have been achieving with the club, and I am so glad that this has been shown to the speedway world via Sky Sports.

The fans really turned out to support the club, a great effort there too.

It's also worth saying that Nigel Pearson and Chris Louis where complete gentlemen. It was never any trouble for them to have time to interact with the fans, and they also came into the crowd to have photos taken at the beginning and the end of the meeting.

Who would have thought a Tuesday evening could be so much fun!

Why?--- The fact that Robson and Kozza looked like crashing with knowone giving an inch,i felt he put the bike down fearing a big smash ahead,and how they stayed on was amazing.BUT i do agree after laying the bike down he milked it big time by not getting off the track,but i honestly think his first actions to lay the bike down was genuine.

That's what it looked like to me too.

He certainly looked to be avoiding a collision, but he did take a while to get up: it happens in speedway quite frequently though...

• Like 4