British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Roger Jacobs

Ipswich V Workington (koc-up) - Thursday, 25 April 2013 @ 19:30

Making my first trip to Foxhall tonight so hopefully the weather will be kind. A win would be nice but I honestly can't see it, although I would like to think we could keep it to 10-15 points. C'mon the Comets!

• Like 1

cookie in eh. now then pray that we are leading or 3/or 4 points down after heat ten . then it rains and the meeting is called off. new rules this year , a result still stands AFTER heat ten. no replays. then all your home advantage will be gone... i think. , . time for a rain dance at 8.45 pm .lol.

Cook replacing Lawson is a superb choice of guest and will strengthen Workington and along with Bachs liking for the foxhall track it looks like being a very hard meeting for the Witches to get any sizeable lead. Nielsen at reserve is also another good move and might nullify our reserves somewhat, so its set for a cracker, now all we want is a dry warm night B)

Cook is a superb choice of guest but so is Doyle for Barker, have the Witches chosen wisely?

As for the other match ups-

Doyle vs Cook - very even

Hawkins vs Aarnio - evens

Tungate vs Harrison - Tungate wins but Harrison does like Foxhall

Risager vs Howarth - Away win

Lanham vs Bach - Away win..... just

Ellis vs Morris - Ellis, Morris possibly struggling with tuesdays crashes?

Heeps vs Nielsen - Home win, but could be close if Nielsen complete 4 laps this time

I have to admit im finding it pretty tough to believe the weather forecast for rain , it's a bright clear warm sunny day with absolutely no sign of a rain cloud whatsoever .

Foxhall however does famously have it's own micro climate once you get through the turnstiles so it could be snow or a tropical storm to contend with !

will the weather once again rob ippo of home advantage. we will have to wait and see.. more lols

...and do season tickets work for KOC?

That's what I want to know too. Sure the Witches website didn't mention KOC when it stated what meetings they applied to.

just got home, the sun is out and car temp says its 19c outside, but looked what happened last week!

After rain overnight, and spitting with rain when I cycled in this morning, the day has blossomed beautifully. It's the first day this year that people have been dining alfresco on site, amongst the trees and flowers.

The sky is hazy looking across Martlesham & Foxhall towards Ipswich, and the air is bound to become more and more humid - rain is forecast for later tonight ...

That's what I want to know too. Sure the Witches website didn't mention KOC when it stated what meetings they applied to.

I checked the archive, and it didn't mention KOC-Up at all.

Cook is a superb choice of guest but so is Doyle for Barker, have the Witches chosen wisely?

As for the other match ups-

Doyle vs Cook - very even

Hawkins vs Aarnio - evens

Tungate vs Harrison - Tungate wins but Harrison does like Foxhall

Risager vs Howarth - Away win

Lanham vs Bach - Away win..... just

Ellis vs Morris - Ellis, Morris possibly struggling with tuesdays crashes?

Heeps vs Nielsen - Home win, but could be close if Nielsen complete 4 laps this time

You really think so, obviously you haven't seen Tero riding lately :P

Ash has been struggling with his gating but is well on the pace once out, has had a few dasy to recupperate after Tuesday

Come on Comets keep it tight !!!

Cook in for Lawson tightens up the score for me.

My original hoped for 14 point lead cut to 10 in my prediction.

By the way what is the news on Lawson? Is he out for the second leg as well or not?

When I was contemplating getting a season ticket one of my questions to CL was about what's included and what isn't , his response to me was that KO cup was NOT included , hope this helps ?

Yes the Witches picked the best rider possible and in my opinion the best rider riding in the premier league. My point was, Cook replacing Lawson was an astute move and makes Workington much stronger!

Yes the Witches picked the best rider possible and in my opinion the best rider riding in the premier league. My point was, Cook replacing Lawson was an astute move and makes Workington much stronger!

So does Doyle for Barker on this season's form. Last year you couldn't seperate them with a cigarette paper but Barker has started this season poorly by his standards.

Weather update:- Shower looks as if its going to miss teatime..........rain @ 10pm or just after. Thats the weather sorted.......scoreline 50-40? Risager to score double figures? Possibly in total over the two meetings? That boy has really got to up his game over the next couple of months to challenge for the number 1 race jacket!

How is Cook better than Lawson?

Stop this nonsense.

...bloody glad wasn't having a waz when I read that cos I 'd have ruined my shoes.