British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe V Workington - Tuesday, April 30th (premier League) (7.30pm) Live On Sky Sports

Strange why would you drop Douglas? surely Dyer is a example that it takes a while to settle.Maybe Bates it was too soon but Young is not as quick as him so would do no better.I believe the top 5 have not clicked as a unit yet if they had you maybe would not even mention the reserves as much.

I agree riders do need time to settle in, but have scunny got that time. If scunny had gary Irving at reserve we would be ok but as it is we have got two reserves that need time to settle in and its costing us crucial points in the race for the playoffs. The top 5 have been pulling their weight just look at the ipswitch match.

Edited by eric i

I think I would make changes now, Emiliano Sanchez for Dougles, tom young for Bates. The way rolling averages work, from the 1st of may our top 5 will have all upped their averages totaling 34.01, leaving 8.49 for our final 2 riders. If Ryan is riding at 3.6 that only leaves about 4.89 for a final rider and that means MPT will still ride in the main body of the team.

By the time averages change mpt will have lost his poor scores from start of last year and added this years decent start to his fantastic run at end of last year so to think of MPT at reserve is not going to happen

Tom young has just be replace by KL NL team because of work commitments so that ain't happening either

Plus....to think of dropping Ryan after so few is mindless,don't forget he's only been on speedway just over a year and is riding with a fractured thumb,give him a bloody chance

Add in you can't drop an assessed rider....

I believe the top 5 have not clicked as a unit yet if they had you maybe would not even mention the reserves as much.

A true quote but they are performing better than the reserves, & duly so. Top reserves that are making the difference are Blackbird, Heeps, Kerr & Dyer. Just a few mentioned but they are genuine 8pt NL riders who deserve their PL places.

The gates are sorted as gate 3 had most wins in the last meeting.(Though i disagree using gate wins as a rule-it's to the 1st corner that gates count)

New averages are given out to assessed riders after 4 home/4 away unless things have changed, if i remember correctly.

I agree riders do need time to settle in, but have scunny got that time. If scunny had gary Irving at reserve we would be ok but as it is we have got two reserves that need time to settle in and its costing us crucial points in the race for the playoffs. The top 5 have been pulling their weight just look at the ipswitch match.

Even with Irving this top 5 certainly away would still not be where they want to be at the moment.The great thing is all of the top 5 all have improvement in them and i think they will get in the playoffs.

Even with Irving this top 5 certainly away would still not be where they want to be at the moment.The great thing is all of the top 5 all have improvement in them and i think they will get in the playoffs.

Your right about the top 5, I hope your right about the playoffs.

Your right about the top 5, I hope your right about the playoffs.

Hope so ''Eric fingers crossed eh! i hope Tuesday is a great meeting the visitors are a good side could be close.

Cant wait for this one, day off work sorted so ill be coming through on the Supporters club bus, A Comets win in front of the SKY Cameras......YES please!! oh and get ready for the Premier Leagues best supporters too :approve:;)

• Like 1

Last time Worky were at the EWR they got a proper thumping but can't for one minute see this one being the same,is Lawson fit now??

Craig Cook just posted on Twitter he has another guest booking coming up could this be it? If Cook rides instead of Lawson the Scorpions could be in trouble. Saying that can Cook ride with Edinburgh at the race way 6 days after this meeting?

Edit: Cook is in for Lawson

Edited by Superstar1

1. Craig Cook (Guest)

2. Tero Aarnio

3. Rusty Harrison

4. Kyle Howarth

5. Rene Bach

6. Ashley Morris

7. Micky Dyer (Guest)

• Like 1

Looking forward to watching this and hopefully a good meeting and no injuries show what PL is all about

• Like 1

Makes Worky much stronger,Lawson and MIlls have been s h y t e at the EWR where as Cookie and Dyer have been excellent,not sure how Cookie can guest due to 7 day rule but must be ok

Makes Worky much stronger,Lawson and MIlls have been s h y t e at the EWR where as Cookie and Dyer have been excellent,not sure how Cookie can guest due to 7 day rule but must be ok

page 10 rule 117/a sub section/3 paragraph/ 2 subsection12 .you will find it somewhere,who said our sport was Mickey Mouse :D .Think Dyer is gauranteed a League winners medal this year given the number of Teams he is going to ride for :wink: Edited by Fromafar

for those of us without the rule book on hand , what is the outcome of the guest rule.

page 10 rule 117/a sub section/3 paragraph/ 2 subsection12 .you will find it somewhere,who said our sport was Mickey Mouse :D .Think Dyer is gauranteed a League winners medal this year given the number of Teams he is going to ride for :wink:

Speedway must be the only sport in the world where you can get injuries and (sometimes) end up stronger.

• Like 1