British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 29/4/2013

So you ask what the rules are regarding postponements, I post them, they show BV are wrong but you ignore all the evidence and claim BV are right. Yet you call other cretins. Just how are BV right here and how is what they did in accordance with the rules? The rules say they can only postpone if racing is impossible. Was racing impossible? Even after they left the hose on the 2nd bend for 20 minutes?

SCB, its pointless engaging with this guy, he really has 'dropped a few cogs'.

He's been exposed on numerous threads where having been shown to be wrong, rather than manning up and admitting it he continues to dig. I think he either thinks he is being amusing or does it for kicks because he believes he is winding people up.

• Like 1

TBH I don't see how any belle Vue fan can defend this?????????

I'm a loyal a they come but when your in the wrong. YOUR IN THE WRONG. end of

I'm a season ticket holder and if Poole are gifted the 4 points and don't have to return. "Which is every possibility" I'm left out of pocket because of a stupid decision by the management. And we're deprived of seeing the turbo twins at Kirky lane which is a highlight of the season for most at all tracks

That seems to be the main difficulty in working out a punishment that hurts the promotion but doesn't hurt the fans. If the match is re-staged with a full squad the BV promotion have achieved what they set out to do, if the match is awarded to Poole its the genuine BV fans that suffer.

• Like 1

TBH I don't see how any belle Vue fan can defend this?????????

I'm a loyal a they come but when your in the wrong. YOUR IN THE WRONG. end of

I'm a season ticket holder and if Poole are gifted the 4 points and don't have to return. "Which is every possibility" I'm left out of pocket because of a stupid decision by the management. And we're deprived of seeing the turbo twins at Kirky lane which is a highlight of the season for most at all tracks

I thing the BV fans that are defending this situation are condoning this behaviour.

That seems to be the main difficulty in working out a punishment that hurts the promotion but doesn't hurt the fans. If the match is re-staged with a full squad the BV promotion have achieved what they set out to do, if the match is awarded to Poole its the genuine BV fans that suffer.

Maybe the BV promotion should have considered this in the first place. Give Poole the 4 points.

Maybe the BV promotion should have considered this in the first place. Give Poole the 4 points.

Maybe they should, but they didn't. What happened is not the BV fans fault. Ultimately we are all fans and we all like our speedway so to that extent most of us are on the fans side and I would like to think that Gordon and Morten will do something to make it up to those who go through the turnstiles. I will be surprised if they do though.

Yawn. Meanwhile back on Planet Earth, the SCB had announced they had substantial evidence... and it was only AFTER this that the Belle Vue 'apology' surfaced.

• Like 2

This isn't the first time a meeting has been postponed in accordance with the rules and subsequently the decision to postpone has been shown to be in error.

The SCB will have investigated previous postponements and therefore there will be a precedent for appropriate sanctions. It is to their credit that Dave Gordon and Chris Morton MBE have admitted to making 'an error of judgement in the heat of the moment' no doubt that and any precedent will be taken into account by the SCB when considering what the appropriate sanction, if any, should be imposed.

Making decisions based on conjecture, random statements or 'tweets' from questionable sources, no matter how compelling, should never be relied upon unless there is incontrovertible evidence that a deliberate fraud has occurred.

That's how we do it in the civilised world, the days of the lynch mob or the ducking stool type of justice are only still appropriate in the minds of backward morons.

Throw the book at them (or at drop a cog)!

Bang to rights I say (and for all the decent BV fans -sorry)!

The BV promotion accepted the error of their ways and await their punishment but one blinkered fan believes nothing untoward took place :rofl:

Edited by Steve0

Well I know what the C stands for now.

Belle Vue postponed the meeting in accordance with the rules.

End of!

That is unless you are going to come with another gem that you didn't mention when I asked what the rules were regarding postponements. Lol!

Belle Vue postponed the meeting in accordance with the SCB rule posted on this thread.

There is no 'should of' about it.

I don't know the rules regarding postponements, that's why I asked, so it is possible the cretin might reveal more but I doubt it.

The only way this can go against Belle Vue is if they confess. I watched Zero Dark Thirty so there are techniques which may secure the confession, failing that send then to Dubai where they alledgely do all sorts of things to nether regions with electrodes (the sort of thing the SCB may be able to elaborate on) and guns to the head to elicit confessions in Arabic which might do the trick.

The fact is Belle Vue have acted within the rules,

No, not in that way :-(

Im glad you believe that......

He doesn't most likely. If you look elsewhere on the thread you'll find posts from him saying something different. It's how he works.

Lets turn this around. What do you think would have happened if the Poole promotion informed BV at 3-30 on the day of the meeting, that we were using RR for Janowski because he was injured, and Holder and Ward had missed their flights so would not be able to ride. Do you think in the interests of speedway and giving the BV fans value for money they would have called the meeting off? Or would they have thought, tough on Poole but this will be an easy win. I think the latter.

Brock, turn it around again under those circumstances but Poole were at home. What do you think Fat Mord would have done.

I believe Belle Vue were wrong how they went about it. It was completely absurd. But I couldn't imagine turning up to a Lynn home meeting with only 4 riders on show. I know I'd be gutted

This is a silly situation, BV should be fined and handed a points deduction, Zagar and Zetterstrom should not be allowed to ride in the re-run and no facilities should be given.

Put down a marker so other clubs don't try and do the same thing!

Edited by Jepsen Jensen Fan Club

It is true, I was pissed off that the meeting had been postponed and I jumped to the same irrational conclusion you lot did.

Having slept on it and read the official statements I'm prepared to accept the apology.

However, should damming evidence be revealed (not some unreliable random bloke 'tweeting' garbage) then I stand by my original post and the sanction should be a minimum 6 month licence suspension. If that means the season has finished for Belle Vue so be it.

I would think that the damning evidence was produced by the attending referee, otherwise there wouldn't need to be an enquiry.

What on earth are you doing trying to engage in a debate with this DAC wally. Has he not demonstrated time and again sub normal intelligence and no grasp of reality, happy to believe everything fed to him by Morton and Gordon.

Fortunately he is in a minority and even the other usual suspects have either remained quiet or condemned what went on.

That's great coming from oldace, head of Mensa for East Manchester

• Like 1

Totally agree its getting very boring now.

Oh, I don't know! It's quite entertaining to see someone try and defend it!