British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 29/4/2013

Can't believe they are actually thinking about appealing it! What part of the punishment do they not agree with that is even worth appealing??

maybe they would appeal the points deduction...?

the ruling suggested that only bv should suffer and no other club should benefit points wise by what happened...

well deducting three points mean EVERY club in the league benefits by either a) increasing their lead over the aces or getting nearer to them if below them at the moment....

maybe time for a lawyer to look closely at the rationale of the decision and see if it is justifiable,,,?

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

Wouldn't it be funny if Poole refused to return there..............bet they wouldn't do nothing then!!!

What a stupid suggestion. A) Poole needs the points. B) Two wrongs don't make a right. C) The sport does not need dragging further down all because of this mess.

Think Poole fans should also focus less on Belle Vue's track and more on their own from what I have heard and seen over the last couple of seasons.

maybe they would appeal the points deduction...?

the ruling suggested that only bv should suffer and no other club should benefit points wise by what happened...

well deducting three points mean EVERY club in the league benefits by either a) increasing their lead over the aces or getting nearer to them if below them at the moment....

maybe time for a lawyer to look closely at the rationale of the decision and see if it is justifiable,,,?

Maybe they should double the fine instead then?

Maybe they should double the fine instead then?

maybe they should, maybe they will?...

doesnt alter the fact that their adjudication and rationale behind the points deduction, DOES benefit all other clubs which blatantly was not their intention when they made the decision... (that is expressed very clear in their statement)...

why issue the rationale behind your decision and deliver a punishment that diametrically opposes it...?

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

For the good of the sport I hope that

1 - Belle Vue take their punishment and do not appeal

if they do appeal

2 - I hope the SCB will throw it out.

I've seen far too many meetings called off over the years but it's becoming more prevalent. Let this be a warning to ALL tracks and hope that maybe just maybe this might be the begining of the sport getting back some of it's credibility - tho I won't hold my breath.

In a democracy, which this country is, there is and should be, a right of appeal.

Course the right to appeal should be there, but it's a bit cheeky to even attempt to apeal when your blatantly guilty!, I'd tell BV they may appeal, but if as expected the original decision is upheld, the fine would be increased to £10,000.

Appeals are for when you've been hard done by with a borderline decision and there's a large element of doubt, appealing when there's no doubt the guilty verdict is correct (they admitted it afterall) is just an abuse of the appeal system.

• Like 1

Can't believe they are actually thinking about appealing it! What part of the punishment do they not agree with that is even worth appealing??

If they lose the appeal , they should be fined the average price of a brand new car , rather than the original fine of a second hand one :D

SGP web site saying 2.5k of the fine is suspended for 18mths, funny that the SCB official notice doesn't mention that.

I have no problem with the fine or deduction of points and in principle with having to call in an SCB official to postpone future meetings.

However, in practical terms I fear that the latter sanction may result in situations where matches are postponed much later than they might otherwise be, because of the availability of these officials and the main people to suffer then will be fans making wasted journeys.

• Like 2

Course the right to appeal should be there, but it's a bit cheeky to even attempt to apeal when your blatantly guilty!, I'd tell BV they may appeal, but if as expected the original decision is upheld, the fine would be increased to £10,000.

Appeals are for when you've been hard done by with a borderline decision and there's a large element of doubt, appealing when there's no doubt the guilty verdict is correct (they admitted it afterall) is just an abuse of the appeal system.

Maybe they want to appeal against the sentence rather than the verdict.

SGP web site saying 2.5k of the fine is suspended for 18mths, funny that the SCB official notice doesn't mention that.

Speedway is just made up as it goes along. It will probably end up that Poole owe Belle Vue a fiver.

The sport gets dafter everyday :)

• Like 3

I'm not so sure that the points deduction is that much of a penalty as they probably would have lost had the meeting gone ahead but now they have a good chance of winning and if they pick up three points they would then be no worse off than had the original match gone ahead.

Pretty sure it was jack hargreaves who stepped in at no1 that evening mate !! Magnus also missing !! great match that we lost in heat 15 (think nicki went through the card for eastbourne)

It was, indeed, Jack Hargreaves. People have a go at CVS on occasion, which is fair enough, but he had signs printed to the effect that the two Karlssons were not riding and had them put up outside the stadium so that fans could decide whether or not to part with their hard-earned to see an under-strength side.

Not sure that Nicki went through the card, but certainly scored heavily.

Edit: Well, having looked it up, you are quite correct, 15-point max. Mr Pedersen is listed on the Eastbourne team in the updates site as 'Mr Popular'!

Edited by Fourentee

Speedway is just made up as it goes along. It will probably end up that Poole owe Belle Vue a fiver.

The sport gets dafter everyday :)

Or a Brick or two. :wink:

Wonder if the authorities would accept a few thousand bricks.

Edited by A ORLOV