British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 29/4/2013

from what i've read £0

Which makes what they have done even cleverer then!

They admitted to wrongly postponing the meeting, they haven't admitted to doctoring the track.

from what i've read £0

Shows what you know then, who the hell do you think have bank rolled an ailng club Anderson,Kasprzac,Harris, Zagar none of them come cheap to maintain our EL status whilst paying for Architects ect to hopefully get the new Stadium done.

B Vue and their Promoters have took a fair bit of stick, some fair some darn right rude, but their quest to make B Vue the club it once was has cost them a lot of their own money.

• Like 1

Shows what you know then, who the hell do you think have bank rolled an ailng club Anderson,Kasprzac,Harris, Zagar none of them come cheap to maintain our EL status whilst paying for Architects ect to hopefully get the new Stadium done.

that wasn't the question tho was it :rofl:

so whos funding the new stadium ???

I can recall reading article that specified the BV management needed to find £1 Million to fund the stadium, the rest being part funded by Man city and by a regeneration scheme led by the local council.

Call it whatever you like, but the facts remain unchanged. You weren't at the hearing.

Nothing against the BV fans, but i hope you finish bottom.

I can recall reading article that specified the BV management needed to find £1 Million to fund the stadium, the rest being part funded by Man city and by a regeneration scheme led by the local council.

I thought the whole project was fully funded by various bodies and that BV had agreed to pay a large lease for it. On another thread a figure of £75k per year for 25 years was mentioned in the agreement as to how much they had to pay.

Edited by Tsunami

Ditto Poole

that wasn't the question tho was it :rofl:

so whos funding the new stadium ???

Like I said, you know naff all, now do us all a favour and take your silly snips about B Vue back to your play ground.

Although it could have been worded better, I am fairly sure that it means one team (outside of Belle Vue) shouldn't benefit more than another, ie Poole would have if they were awarded four points. Belle Vue have been deducted three points as a punishment, presumably as the SCB have decided there was a contravention of the rules. I do however, think it would be sensible for the reasons behind any decision to be released.

I have read them, and all I can see is someone throwing accusations about 'bringing the sport into disrepute' about some tweets, attempting to detract from the FACT that BV have been punished. I'm sure he realises that Howarth and Tungate were at Kirkmanshulme Lane and so saw first hand the issue. Who knows why the SCB sent a referee to inspect, maybe it was because of a Poole complaint based around what the riders said, maybe when they were informed of why it was cancelled they pre-empted a complaint. Really though, does it matter as long as the right decision is reached when someone breaks the rules? After all:

Do you genuinely believe that it was a coincedence that there was a leak, on the same day BV would have been forced to run with three pointers in place of Zagar and Zetterstrom, in addition to R/R for Mroczka? Any mention of what riders' were tweeting is just a diversion from the issue.

Edit to add link to MEN:

http://www.mancheste...-docked-3860372

Look at the picture in that article. Zagar is in Eastbourne kit at BV.

The article has been written by someone who doesn't 'know' speedway or they would not have used an 'editorially' inaccurate picture.

The part about 'admission' is not in "quotation marks" so it's an assertion/asumption by the journalist not taken from an official SCB statement.

Mancester Evening News said:

Belle Vue chiefs David Gordon and Chris Morton appeared in front of the SCB committee on Tuesday afternoon and pleaded guilty for wrongly postponing the meeting, after admitting the riders’ absence.

Do you genuinely believe that it was a coincedence that there was a leak, on the same day BV would have been forced to run with three pointers in place of Zagar and Zetterstrom, in addition to

R/R for Mroczka? Any mention of what riders' were tweeting is just a diversion from the issue.

I was not aware of this confession by D G, if indeed this is true then the fine is justified, as for needing to be baby sat for calling future meeting off and being deducted 3 pts then all I see is a president being set by the SCB to deduct points and baby sit other teams that call meeting off in dubious circumstances. And I still recon Holder is no more than a s***stirer for posting misleading photo's

The Poole riders Tweets created an issue and I don't think there's been a confesion regarding wrongdoing other than calling the meeting off before the referee arrived to make the decision.

Let's face facts.....this isn't the first, and I'll wager it won't be last meeting called off under dubious circumstances.

The difference this time was that Messrs Gordon and Morton were so useless and incompetent that they got caught doing it. By publicly admitting their deception, their reputation and that of Belle Vue has, as others have said, been left in tatters.

There will be many who think with a fine of £5,000 and the deduction of three points, they have got off rather lightly.

Check your facts. What did they admit to exactly?

Clubs and the authorities (and some of the more naive members of this forum) have to understand that social media and technology these days makes it much easier and quicker to bring information to other peoples' attention.

Even more significantly, it also makes it massively easier for true information to reach the public even if someone's trying to block off that information from their particular angle.

The MEN report quoted a few posts above says Gordon/Morton admitted their riders' absence to the SCB

As far as I'm aware, 4 days after they met the SCB, they've yet to admit that absence to their own team's supporters (or indeed, the travelling Poole fans) through either their club website or by directly addressing those fans via the MEN or other local media - perhaps that'll be done at Monday's meeting (preferably via both the programme and an announcement over the speakers).

But they can't even be bothered to re-print the SCB statement on their own website where there remains just the one sentence mentioning they're disappointed with the decision and considering an appeal.

What a bone-headed way to cope with their disgrace of being miserably unable to cheat (and judging by what proved to be that false MEN report last Saturday, they're also probably miserably unable to brief the local media correctly when trying some damage-limitation).

I go back to a view I put forward many pages ago in this thread - I find it ridiculous that anyone sensible within speedway believes Gordon/Morton are the right people to be involved in the development (and in due course, the running) of a national speedway stadium.

I'd love to see a national stadium designed for the sport so that we could have extra Grand Prix or other international meetings in this country and it's a good idea to build it right next door to a well-established venue in a big city like Manchester.

But based on what happened on that Monday afternoon nearly 3 weeks ago plus all the various stages since then, those two clowns in charge of Belle Vue at the moment shouldn't have anything to do with a national project when they can't even run their own club in a proper fashion.

The bit in bold italics Mr Cross is exactly why this story has blown up. The absence of any quote from Neil Middleditch or Matt Ford is quite unprecedented.

I think it's possible certain people with an interest in speedway didn't expect the NSS to get this far and now they're worried that the balance of power in British speedway is about to shift in favour of Manchester, if the NSS goes ahead and ends up at Kirkmanshulme Lane Gorton, Manchester.

With a World Cup and an SGP in Manchester Poole's nose would be seriously out of joint as the 'centre' of British speedway, at one very southern end of the UK.

That comes as no surprise to any of us who have any idea about what's really going on.

When you look at the product and the stories that surround speedway, the self interest of certain individuals who have benefited disproportionately, says a lot about the reality of what goes on behind the scenes.

David Gordon's company built Manchester United's training ground at Carrington. He understands development and construction and Chris Morton MBE is a speedway 'personality'. They both genuinely love speedway and The Belle Vue Aces. If you take the NSS away from them out of spite and jealousy you deserve all you get and you know who you are.

The defence rests.

• Like 1

Rarely can this forum have ever suffered a more ridiculously paranoid post than Skyjack2's lame effort above.

I'll have one last go at stating my position as clearly as possible ...

Would I like a National Speedway Stadium ? - Yes

Would I like it next door to Belle Vue's existing home track ? - Yes, given that it's then clearly in a place where speedway's already known which must be an advantage especially when nowhere else seems to have wanted to create a national stadium for the sport.

Would I let Gordon/Morton anywhere near it ? - No, given this wretched saga landing so heavily on top of all the other problems the club seems to have stumbled through during their leadership.

By the way, although I've attended at least one meeting at nearly every current track in this country (just one exception), I've attended both Poole & Belle Vue only once apiece - I was a shade disappointed by Poole compared to what I'd anticipated while Belle Vue was as ordinary as I expected.

And (in the hope this might remove some of Skyjack2's paranoia), if you check the Belle Vue v Lakeside thread for the Aces' next home meeting, you'll see I've taken the trouble to explain and defend Belle Vue landing in the awkward situation of that match clashing with Matej Zagar's GP-qualifier in Germany by using some background information that any journalist worth that job-title ought to find handy not just in this case but for future reference as well.

Edited by arthur cross
  • Like 3

Check your facts. What did they admit to exactly?

They admitted to postponing the meeting without just cause. Hence the fine and points deduction.

That's what they officially admitted to, although in the end Gordon & Morton had to acknowledge that they were so useless that couldn't postpone a meeting at their own track without getting caught.

I can fully understand the argument that their ineptitude to manage recent events, calls into question their ability to manage something so important as the National Speedway Centre.

Yes - get a fine and a 3 point deduction for doing absolutely nothing wrong. That's why they pleaded guilty :rolleyes:

Drop a cog and skyjack2 - are you for real or are you just on the windup?? If you are on the windup then you are doing a great job - otherwise I think you will be digging your hole for days to come!!

• Like 3

I've wondered the same - are they trolling or idiotic?

• Like 2

Ditto Poole

That ain't gonna happen...

Which of the current set of promoters, who haven't got the nous to even build a national speedway stadium in a small provincial town, would you want to run it instead?

I wouldn't be in a rush to name any particular other promoter(s) to run a national speedway stadium.

More significantly, I'd argue it's not that they "haven't got the nous to even build" it ... instead, I'd reckon a good few of them have weighed up the costs, planning restrictions and anticipated usage of a national stadium and worked out that they're going to struggle to recoup the set-up costs for their preferred location, hence they've reluctantly decided it isn't a high priority for them because they'd like to build one if the sport's finances permitted it.

It would be wonderful if we could build a British version of what was created at Gorican in Croatia a few years ago but getting the location, planning permission and noise permission all brought together successfully for that ambition is going to be an almighty task for anyone over here.

That comes as no surprise to any of us who have any idea about what's really going on.

When you look at the product and the stories that surround speedway, the self interest of certain individuals who have benefited disproportionately, says a lot about the reality of what goes on behind the scenes.

David Gordon's company built Manchester United's training ground at Carrington. He understands development and construction and Chris Morton MBE is a speedway 'personality'. They both genuinely love speedway and The Belle Vue Aces. If you take the NSS away from them out of spite and jealousy you deserve all you get and you know who you are.

The defence rests.

Er, excuss me, what is that supposed to mean?. I certainly have nothing against Manchester having a National stadium, and i don't doubt for one minute, that Dave Gordon and Chris Moton love their speedway, i can go back to when Chris Morton was riding, and beyond, and have asked him the question, why he never became World Champion, because he beat everybody who was anybody at one point, but the way all this was handled was a totally pathetic.