British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Boobs

Berwick V Workington 04/05

I think the Promotion need to tell Alex to refrain from making comments on the Berwick Facebook site as he is very negative regarding the track and says the trouble is that it is round a Football pitch and is too square to produce good racing and is not safe.The track has produced good racing around the same Pitch for many years.

Just out of interest... Would the tractors doing doughnuts on the bends during the meeting when grading the track be to time consuming? I've only seen it done a few times during a meeting at home and I seem to remember Adrian when captain, dictating the track grading during a meeting a few years ago, they did the doughnuts then the next heat Adrian, who wasn't exactly notorious for his passing at home hunted down his opponent then made a good pass round him on the 3rd n 4th bend without having to fence scrape

Edited by DeeksYaMahaga
  • Like 1

I think the Promotion need to tell Alex to refrain from making comments on the Berwick Facebook site as he is very negative regarding the track and says the trouble is that it is round a Football pitch and is too square to produce good racing and is not safe.The track has produced good racing around the same Pitch for many years.

What shape was it when he first arrived at Berwick? I've never worked out what the attraction is in Edberg. Before his fence-changing pile up, he had a few rubbish scores which is why they brought him back for the last couple of matches that season to get an average.

Sometimes a low average is simply a reflection of not being very good.

Last year was no different. A rare decent score, a less rare break from racing, leaving the team with NL. replacements as he's the lower reserve.

Nice race suits aside, there seems to be no difference this year - just waiting for the career break or the "Alex is Back (probably for one week only)" score.

Maybe they should tell him to look at last nights GP from his homeland , long straights with tight bends and plenty decent racing

Oh come on! The track improvements have only helped the visiting. Berwick used to be a place that other teams feared going to, now they're rubbing their hands together.

Are you honestly telling me these are better times than 2005, when you were unbeatable at home and won a fair few away?

Currently results wise no they're not better but 2005 was a very exceptional season. The Saturday night experience at Berwick has improved tenfold. Also the country was in a far better financial position back then, people had more disposable income then.

Alex shouldn't need to make comments regarding the treatment he is experiencing, the people who moan should be absolutely disgusted in their behaviour towards him. Ignorant fools!! What a depressing day for Berwick Speedway when a rider is leaving his teams Facebook page! Hope folk are proud in their narrow minded task of wearing a rider down!

• Like 3

Think if that's what he's saying and how he's feeling the best thing he could is step aside and let someone else do it

N.b Just read these comments and it would seem that Alex is putting his point across in a constructive manner to which he is getting the same constructive feedback from the fans

Edited by Goldmember06

Maybe they should tell him to look at last nights GP from his homeland , long straights with tight bends and plenty decent racing

a temporary surface, not a league track!!

Currently results wise no they're not better but 2005 was a very exceptional season. The Saturday night experience at Berwick has improved tenfold. Also the country was in a far better financial position back then, people had more disposable income then.

I remember Peter saying to me that 2005 was his worst season for crowds.

People got used to us thrashing visitors and stopped going.

The fact is that Berwick fans are always looking for something to complain about.

It's a cultural thing throughout that area, I'm sad to say.

• Like 4

Shouldnt fans get behind there riders when they are struggling instead of throwing critisism there way on a weekly basis (which is only going to make there confidence worse than it already is). I actually seen someone on facebook arguing with Edberg on how to ride the track?????? Its not Edbergs fault they lost the meeting, Berwick lost the meeting because Ashworths replcement wasnt good enough, 3 points from your number 1 rider is no where near good enough and any other team whos number 1 rider scored 3 points would lose at home & so what if they lost it was a decent night and a massive improvment on the last couple of weeks racing.

GET BEHIND YOUR TEAM FFS!!!!!

• Like 4

I remember Peter saying to me that 2005 was his worst season for crowds.

People got used to us thrashing visitors and stopped going.

The fact is that Berwick fans are always looking for something to complain about.

It's a cultural thing throughout that area, I'm sad to say.

so so true!! Plenty turnip brained, tunnel visioned thickoes ;)

• Like 1

Agree,the track shape hasent and isnt going to change,and the shape the track is now is the same when Edberg was scoring well,I didnt hear to many complaints from him then.

If Mr Edberg is un-happy,or is incapable of making the neccessary changes to man or machine that will see him among the points then he should stay at home at weekends and leave it to a rider who can.

so so true!! Plenty turnip brained, tunnel visioned thickoes ;)

So its ok to slag off your fellow fans then. :blink:

Yours Sincerely

A turnip brained tunnel visioned thicko

Can't argue with you on the financial aspect. I'm sure that there are people who would love a night at the speedway, but have to give it a miss due to money issues.

Can't argue with you on the financial aspect. I'm sure that there are people who would love a night at the speedway, but have to give it a miss due to money issues.

Over and above what goes on out on track, the promotion have done everything that's been asked to improve the product

• Like 4