British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington Comets V Berwick Bandits (pl) Monday 6/5/13 19:00hrs

how do you know that i am not. HA..HA..HA..

Must be psychic, couldn't get to this due to an early start time at work!!

Mate texted and told me of the bad smash in ht1, hope it's not as bad as it read and all concerned are OK!!

Very disappointed with Berwick tonight poor showing from some of there riders apart from Kozza Smith who was a pleasure to watch,

Well done to Ashley Morris who looked very good tonight,

It was announced at the end Tero was broken a small vibe in his foot but hopes to return in 2 weeks no news was mentioned on Nick Morris,

Very disappointed with Berwick tonight poor showing from some of there riders apart from Kozza Smith who was a pleasure to watch,

Well done to Ashley Morris who looked very good tonight,

It was announced at the end Tero was broken a small vibe in his foot but hopes to return in 2 weeks no news was mentioned on Nick Morris,

Looks like the Reserves struggled for them

Your number 3 rider should also be scoring more....ah well

So the Comics (think that's what they called us) wallop the Bandits :drink: , another great team performance especially after the horrific crash in heat 1 with Morris trying to get on the back of Tero's bike :mad: , luckily it looks like Tero will be back in a couple of weeks not sure about Morris. Chuffed for Ashley on his Birthday too what an awesome night for him.Another good guest thanks to Chris Schramm, but again all the boys played their part. Such a good buzz at Worky at the minute, the away support is building , the Glasgow bus already full and a good crowd tonight. COME ON THE COMETS !!! :party:

Your number 3 rider should also be scoring more....ah well

:blink:

• Like 1

Another good meeting on a good track only damper on it was the horrific heat 1 crash which could of been alot worse for both riders.

More points in the bag for the comets to put us top. Ash flying onwhat was by far his best pl performance. ) Schramm didnt dissapoint as a guest either on the whole a good team performance all round. Kozza was the stand out for Berwick buy failed to recieve much support from the other bandits still not a bad following from the away fans which is good to see.

Edited by stoneylegend
  • Like 2

Very good win for the Comets tonight, satisfied with that, nice 3pts.

Must have been difficult for Berwick to come to terms with losing their No1 so early on, reserves not firing either wouldn't have helped especially with having to cover Morris's rides as well, pretty disheartening?

As I said previous, couldn't make this match due to work commitments so cant really comment much however, I would like to say that I agree with the Berwick supporter, either this thread or the Saturday match, about running this BH fixture either earlier or, during the afternoon like we used to do back in the 70's, definitely be worth considering if it would encourage more Bandits fans along as I get the feeling a lot would if the timing was more agreeable to getting back for work next day... Suppose a winning side would as well, sorry, had to get that in!! :D

Only joking, best of luck Bandits, it wont be all bad all season, even you have to turn the corner somewhere!! ;)

Obviously the loss of Aarnio & Morris affected both teams,leaving only the reserves to cover their rides,I think its fair to say that the Workington reserves were up to the job where Berwicks were not.Thankfully Kozza Smith continued his good scores,but there was very little else.

The Berwick promotion deserve better results and performances than they are currently getting from certain riders in the team,the quotes at the bottom of each match report says virtually the same thing every time,that they will get to the root of the problem or make the neccessary changes that will see things improve,in general they arent.

Some riders have been critisized,rightly IMO,some riders have responded on social networking sites which is their right of course,but it might be an idea for those riders to do their talking on the track as all they are doing right now with their paultrey returns is adding fuel to the fire.

• Like 3

Obviously the loss of Aarnio & Morris affected both teams,leaving only the reserves to cover their rides,I think its fair to say that the Workington reserves were up to the job where Berwicks were not.Thankfully Kozza Smith continued his good scores,but there was very little else.

The Berwick promotion deserve better results and performances than they are currently getting from certain riders in the team,the quotes at the bottom of each match report says virtually the same thing every time,that they will get to the root of the problem or make the neccessary changes that will see things improve,in general they arent.

Some riders have been critisized,rightly IMO,some riders have responded on social networking sites which is their right of course,but it might be an idea for those riders to do their talking on the track as all they are doing right now with their paultrey returns is adding fuel to the fire.

"do their talking on the track"!! Goodness me, do you acknowledge how depressing it is that a rider should actually have to go on Facebook requesting to leave a group? A group that he rides for!! Do you not think its pretty disgusting that it got to that point?

I've noticed this for years, the way fans speak about riders as if their robots on a bike!! These guys have all the same emotions as "normal" folk & no doubt Alex felt hurt, disgusted and embarrassed by all he read!

First of all best wishes and a speedy recovery to the injured riders in heat 1 (Tero and Nick) in what was a very nasty crash.

I thought the Bandits would have put up a better fight than they did and to their credit they did perform a comeback of sorts in the second half of the meet with wins for Smith, Aspergren and Wethers which give the scoreline some respectablity.

Kozza Smith was undoubtedley the star of the show for Berwick with some good races which included a six point tac ride win in heat nine.The injuries to both sides cancelled each other out but the Comets reserves out scored the Berwick reserves by 23 points to 5.

Big star of the night for the Comets was birthday boy Ashley Morris with a great score of 15+1 from six rides, well done Ash. :approve:

• Like 1

Such a good buzz at Worky at the minute, the away support is building , the Glasgow bus already full and a good crowd tonight. COME ON THE COMETS !!! :party:

Good to hear, I remember fondly the days when Workington came a calling to Ashfield and if you wanted your usual spot you had to get there mightily early. For the closer it got to tapes up, the more and more the sea of blue would spread throughout the stadium.

I doubt we will ever see those days again, but even a quarter of what used to turn up would be a decent away support.

• Like 4

"do their talking on the track"!! Goodness me, do you acknowledge how depressing it is that a rider should actually have to go on Facebook requesting to leave a group? A group that he rides for!! Do you not think its pretty disgusting that it got to that point?

I've noticed this for years, the way fans speak about riders as if their robots on a bike!! These guys have all the same emotions as "normal" folk & no doubt Alex felt hurt, disgusted and embarrassed by all he read!

Still no takers ! Give the tigers thread a try since your now going to Ashfield to watch your speedway!
  • Like 1

Good to hear, I remember fondly the days when Workington came a calling to Ashfield and if you wanted your usual spot you had to get there mightily early. For the closer it got to tapes up, the more and more the sea of blue would spread throughout the stadium.

I doubt we will ever see those days again, but even a quarter of what used to turn up would be a decent away support.

couldnt agree more them days were special regardless of home or away any match with the comets was a real buzz back in 1999 the comets couldnt win a match but that was some of the best meetings theres been so its not all about winning its all about the atmosphere and the overall product