British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RebelRebel

Somerset Vs Sheffield Pl 10th May @ 7:30pm

Just like to wish Nick a speedy recovery

Meeting off

Just read this, and thought it was some sort of joke - It's been dry all day and the sun is still shining now, literally a couple minutes away from the track :blink:

Very strange, I'm 12 miles from the track and it's been dry all day, damage must have been done last night. Plymouth also off. Mrs OT will have to get something out of fridge now for my dinner. :cry:

Edited by oldtimer

Very strange, I'm 12 miles from the track and it's been dry all day, damage must have been done last night. Plymouth also off. Mrs OT will have to get something out of fridge now for my dinner. :cry:

Must say I'm amazed it's off due to a waterlogged track, we had heavy rain upto about 8oclock last night, we've had alot worse though especially as there hasn't been a single drop today.

Must say I'm amazed it's off due to a waterlogged track, we had heavy rain upto about 8oclock last night, we've had alot worse though especially as there hasn't been a single drop today.

Perhaps it's a Belle Vue moment! :lol:

good early call from the promotion saved a few people needless travelling expense

Quite agree. Early calloffs are very welcome for travelling fans and away teams, so you would think it would be applauded. Instead some on here always seem to be '2 minutes from the track no sign of rain'. Wish they played golf with me, and I wouldn't have so many non starts or walkins due to rain. :P

I was teaching last night from 3.30pm until 9pm next door and i can assure you it wasn't wet enough to flood a track as when i left there weren't even any puddles on the ground. I was there this morning again at 10am and the track wasn't under water so surprised to see the reason stated for the mid morning call off as 'track waterlogged' as opposed to the possibly truer line of 'called off due to a lousy weather forecast for later'. I was in Dorset playing a Pro Am this afternoon (and got soaked) and drove back home in steady rain so it was the right call but not the right reason given.

Quite agree. Early calloffs are very welcome for travelling fans and away teams, so you would think it would be applauded. Instead some on here always seem to be '2 minutes from the track no sign of rain'. Wish they played golf with me, and I wouldn't have so many non starts or walkins due to rain. :P

If you played golf with me at present you would get wet as i always seem to be getting soaked. Twice now this week i have stayed dry for 16 holes and then it decides to pour down at the end of the round!

Unless we move house we will ALWAYS be a few minutes from the track, if we move nearer we will be nearer the track, if we move further away we will always we further from the track unless we move again, in which case we will be ********************** :icon_smile_clown: .

• Like 1

Unless we move house we will ALWAYS be a few minutes from the track, if we move nearer we will be nearer the track, if we move further away we will always we further from the track unless we move again, in which case we will be ********************** :icon_smile_clown: .

Typical Tory, ignore him oldtimer, we all normally do....

• Like 1

ah..... So that's how your going rusty :)