British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

World U21 Final Round Terenzano Saturday September 14th

Patryk is doing some steady progress. Good gater and I'm surprised how well he scores in Elitserien. But there is one thing he needs to be world class rider.

He needs 2-3 seasons in Elite League to learn different tracks and setups. Without that experience I'm afraid he can be another wasted Polish talent.

Will he be lazy and just happy racing Poland and Sweden like most young Poles?

Patryk is doing some steady progress. Good gater and I'm surprised how well he scores in Elitserien. But there is one thing he needs to be world class rider.

He needs 2-3 seasons in Elite League to learn different tracks and setups. Without that experience I'm afraid he can be another wasted Polish talent.

Will he be lazy and just happy racing Poland and Sweden like most young Poles?

Interesting to read that you think a rider needs a few seasons in the EL. I didnt realise it was being lazy, just more than they didn't need it. TBH, Poland don't have too much to worry about with their juniors, look at what Sweden and GB have right now, not a lot in the 18-21 bracket.

That's exactly my point. Poland year by year produce a lot of new talents. Mainly thanks to league rule that every team has to have 2 Polish U21 riders in match lineup (by the way can't believe Sweden dropped that rule and UK never even thought about it). But how many of them is close to GP standard when they grow up?

Janowski U21 world champion decided to race full time in UK and I see bright future for him. Pawlicki brothers only had short careers in UK and with potential they have, few full seasons on British tracks could pull them to the higher standards.

Not to mention wasted ones like Miskowiak, Hlib, Kujawa (U21 champ!). IMO the problem is that all Polish tracks are pretty much the same shape. You can't be world champion if you are not able to race on small technical tracks like Arena or Belle Vue. Look at Gollob. Fantastic motorcyclist. I believe if he spent more years in UK, he would have been multiple world champion. First years in GP he was all about going wide and wide on every track.

The same problem you can point to some British riders. Kennett, Bridger are always good value on small, technical tracks but fail big time on wider tracks (Kennett yesterday and Bridger on Thursday will be perfect example).

• Like 4

Krompa is spot on I tend to think the same the young polish guns need exposure on small difficult technical tracks I remember Gollob praising UK a while ago saying the variety of technical tracks helps in development of new riders and is necessary if they want to be good future riders. Lot of the young riders in Poland are great juniors and then they disappear into mediocrity or finish their racing days

I do agree with Krompa.Just how many great U21 riders have Poland had over the last decade or so and they go somehow astray when they move out of that age group.Look at Szombierski or at the moment with the SWC who remembers Marcin rempalas performance for Poland that should have been the start of a great career?Okoniewski was another super junior.Chrzanowski also got into the GPs quite early and done nothing

Yeah, totally forgot about Marcin Rempala. One of my fav speedway races:

• Like 1

Marcin Rempala was a great favourite at Berwick, too.

He was a class act another rider who seemed to get held back by his Polish Club.Still gets the odd decent score.

I hear Lasse Bjerre confirmed as wildcard at Berwick so will just be him or a Brit as well ?

2 wildcards I was convinced it would be 2 brit`s so probably will be same as Pila-Kyle Howarth.

He needs 2-3 seasons in Elite League to learn different tracks and setups.

It makes sense when you read it. However, we've seen that Latvia with only one track to speak of is able to breed a new generation of riders who are capable of beating the best British riders who have spent their whole time in Britain, learning all the technical skills (apparently) and gaining lots of experience with setups and stuff (allegedly)

Lets face facts, coming to GB to ride against low standard opposition, for low money and high hassle, no matter what the demands made of the tracks, just doesn't interest these guys.

I hear Lasse Bjerre confirmed as wildcard at Berwick so will just be him or a Brit as well ?

Are you sure about that?

I was told the names of two British riders yesterday who had (allegedly) been nominated. Plus two British-licenced reserves.

Are you sure about that?

I was told the names of two British riders yesterday who had (allegedly) been nominated. Plus two British-licenced reserves.

Absolutely correct. I learned the names last night. Four Brits (sort of) and not a Bjerre in sight. Flagrag's post total mince.