British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

World U21 Final Round Terenzano Saturday September 14th

Interesting practice. Very trick slack but apparently theres some dirt going down for tonight. Mikkel Bech looks very fast!

Damn well hope not. last thing we need for good racing is a load of shale on the track. Thats been the problem at Berwick, nothing on the inside knee deep on the outside.. Last two or three meetings they have started to get there with less shale and more water, keep up the improved track prep.

Bech, Bjerre and particularly Bellego are hoping for some dirt to go down. Berwick is even more boring than normal when its slick.

• Like 1

Can someone explain the point in making the track completely different between practice and racing ?

Why bother with practice in the first place if you're gonna bloody change it !!

• Like 3

Can someone explain the point in making the track completely different between practice and racing ?

Seems to be the standard thing with these big meetings. Hopefully the track will be grippy without having an over amount of shale on.

That certainly seems ridiculous to me, however you often hear the GP guys saying that the track has been prepped differently for the GP compared to practice. Are the FIM having any say in the preparation ? Good luck to all the riders tonight, there is a lot of quality talent at the meeting, and it would certainly be a boost for Berwick if Bellego does something special tonight, and good luck to young Adam, it would be good to see him collect a few scalps, its a big test for him but also great experience and another part of the learning curve and hopefully he and Kyle and Joe can pick up some points. In reality though I think Pawlicki and Dudek are likely to be front runners. Edited by jrs

Car park is full at 5pm, 2 hours before the start time. I've heard that David Bellago was not allowed to practice today

Edited by Shadders

Car park is full at 5pm, 2 hours before the start time. I've heard that David Bellago was not allowed to practice today

There can only have been 2 reasons for him not to practice 1 he arrived after scruitineering had finished 2 his equipment failed scruitineering.

There can only have been 2 reasons for him not to practice 1 he arrived after scruitineering had finished 2 his equipment failed scruitineering.

It's gotta be something like that.

The impression I got in the pits earlier was that David chose not to practice

• Like 3

It's gotta be something like that.

He told me he didnt want to practice as the track was slick as ****.

I`ll put a more detailed post on here in the morning,suffice though to say,thats one of the best twenty pounds I spent in a very long time.

• Like 3

Just looked in on the scores - a big pat on the back to Kyle for his great score and putting in a real challenge.

I hope Adam enjoyed the experience and has put a valuable lesson in the memory bank. His time will come of that I have no doubt.

• Like 1

got to say well done to everyone involved from the riders to the track staff. best meeting have been to in years. just goes to show speedway can be entertaining if all the ingredients are right. gladly pay twenty quid every week if it was like this .

• Like 1