British Speedway Forum
Cornishman

Cardiff Pre-show Entertainment

The fanzone the 1st year was really good and refreshing and broke the day up but last year was exactly the same as year 1 and looks like its planned exactly the same.. One of the biggest problems also is space .. You cannot get around to look at things as people are pushing about on a very narrow street.. Why can't it be in the castle grounds/park.. Loads of space no pushing and shoving and whilst the entertainment is in maybe sit and chill in the sun in the grass !!

I fear though this will be same old same old so an hour in pub will have to be enforced

• Like 1

PLUS, of course, in the fanzone you can meet the Monster (can think of a better description) girls and have your photo taken with the World Championship trophy...

• Like 1

PLUS, of course, in the fanzone you can meet the Monster (can think of a better description) girls and have your photo taken with the World Championship trophy...

Sod the trophy, i'll have my pic with the girls.

• Like 3

The fanzone the 1st year was really good and refreshing and broke the day up but last year was exactly the same as year 1 and looks like its planned exactly the same.. One of the biggest problems also is space .. You cannot get around to look at things as people are pushing about on a very narrow street.. Why can't it be in the castle grounds/park.. Loads of space no pushing and shoving and whilst the entertainment is in maybe sit and chill in the sun in the grass !!

I fear though this will be same old same old so an hour in pub will have to be enforced

COUNCIL won't allow it ...

What on earth is legs & co ?!?!

You've not lived.

Pre Meeting Entertainment announced tmw night on BIKERfm Speedway Show..........

So....who is it? :lol:

Probably Eurovision star Bonnie Tyler.

Been there done that. Apparently it is as above

What on earth is legs & co ?!?!

Check out You Tube , I'm sure they'll be there

So basically there is no pre-meeting entertainment this year. Ah well. For a fiver your all welcome back to my flat and we'll get singstar out and make our own entertainment.

Now, of course, there is the fanzone and people are coming into the stadium later than before. This year it will be bigger and, hopefully, better than ever and as a consequence less importance and expense is placed on the entertainment inside the Millennium.

So, just to be clear so that I can get my timing right.

There is no pre-meeting entertainment in the Stadium.

And we would be better advised to make as much use of the outside 'fun' as nothing is happening of any note inside until 5pm.

Is that correct?

Edited by Grand Central

THERE has been a change in emphasis in recent years. When John Postlethwaite first took the British GP to the Millennium he was conscious of fans sitting in the stadium for an hour or more with nothing going on. He wanted to see the fans entertained before the actual meeting started, hence a number of acts that were actually quite renown.

Now, of course, there is the fanzone and people are coming into the stadium later than before. This year it will be bigger and, hopefully, better than ever and as a consequence less importance and expense is placed on the entertainment inside the Millennium.

I have had many conversations about the entertainment with BSI, after all i did sponsor it twice. The reason it is very poor is down to cost and how little they want to spend. John put on a show, bsi dont but concentrate on the race. Good or bad ? i would say bad but then lots are not worried so it is what it is.

This year I believe plans are afoot for a spectacular introduction for the riders but until rehearsals can take place whether or not they reach fruition remains to be seen.

As far as the fanzone is concerned, BSI tell me it will run from 11am to 4pm in St. Mary's Street and include:

- Rider autograph sessions

- Titan is back!

- The Magoos

- Bigger and better Monster Energy rig

- Vintage speedway bikes

- Mr Gater machine

- Territorital Army stand

- Real Radio patrol

- Grid Girls photographs

- Interviews on the big stage

Plus lots more