British Speedway Forum

I honestly don't see how next years line-up had been concluded when Gollob hadn't sent off his entry/acceptance papers,but hey ho!!

IF Jason Crump had been named in the official 2013 line-up and then withdrew (retired) the circumstances would have been different but he wasn't and (say the FIM) they weren't.

I honestly don't see how next years line-up had been concluded when Gollob hadn't sent off his entry/acceptance papers,but hey ho!!

BUT he accepted the wild card invitation and was named by the FIM in the official 2014 line-up...

You couldn't make it up, could you?! Charity Harris strikes again!

As if the thought of our Chris as first reserve wasn't dreadful enough, it looks he will now replace one of the all time speedway legends on a full time basis.

You seem to delight in putting the blame for this on Chris Harris

He hasn't struck, either once or again

None of this is his doing - he is simply the recipient of any moves the rules allow or the authorities deign to make

If all of this means that he will appear in the 2014 SGP, do not place any of the blame on the rider, or be disrepectful to him as a person or as a racer of considerable ability

Thank you!

• Like 6

You seem to delight in putting the blame for this on Chris Harris

He hasn't struck, either once or again

None of this is his doing - he is simply the recipient of any moves the rules allow or the authorities deign to make

If all of this means that he will appear in the 2014 SGP, do not place any of the blame on the rider, or be disrepectful to him as a person or as a racer of considerable ability

Thank you!

Well said midland red. :t:

If Harris is offered a place - I, for one, don't blame him for taking it. I wish him the very best of luck too - he IS BRITISH and I hope he does well.

The fact that the FIM and BSI can offer 'free passes' is an altogether different issue. One with which I am in total disagreement.

BUT he accepted the wild card invitation and was named by the FIM in the official 2014 line-up...

#

We are almost always told info won't be released until everything is finalised.Think you might have told us that once or twice yourself........so?I stick by what i stated before.

Edited by iris123

#

We are almost always told info won't be released until everything is finalised.Think you might have told us that once or twice yourself........so?I stick by what i stated before.

PLEASE yourself ... just passing on FIM explanation.

Harris will replace Gollob and I thoroughly endorse what Midland Red wrote. No doubt there will be the conspiracy theorists who think that BSI in their perceived desire to get Chris into the series by hook or by crook persuaded Monster to pull the plug on their six figure sponsorship of the Gollob (the real reason behind his withdrawal from the SGP) to accommodate their golden boy.

But Philip who is replacing gollop

SEE above ...

PLEASE yourself ... just passing on FIM explanation.

I'm not pleasing myself Phil.I am just stating what you so often tell us when something is posted,like say a venue for the GP......"Not finalised...."

No doubt there will be the conspiracy theorists who think that BSI in their perceived desire to get Chris into the series by hook or by crook persuaded Monster to pull the plug on their six figure sponsorship of the Gollob (the real reason behind his withdrawal from the SGP) to accommodate their golden boy.

So Tai gets a large Moster deal and at the same time Monster drop Gollob who then pulls out of the GPs letting Bomber in...

So it's a real conspiracy with one brit engineering the situation where another brit gets in :)

Niamh

So Tai gets a large Moster deal and at the same time Monster drop Gollob who then pulls out of the GPs letting Bomber in...

So it's a real conspiracy with one brit engineering the situation where another brit gets in :)

Niamh

So . . . There was a conspiracy to get Tai to win the WC in order for Tomasz to lose his mega-sponsorship so that Harris could sneak in to next year's series????

I was going to say "you couldn't make it up" but . . .

• Like 2

So . . . There was a conspiracy to get Tai to win the WC in order for Tomasz to lose his mega-sponsorship so that Harris could sneak in to next year's series????

I was going to say "you couldn't make it up" but . . .

Couldn't you see that Midland Red, it was so obvious! :-)

KLAXON: "BREAKING NEWS"

It's official. Tomasz Gollob as pulled out of the 2014 GPs citing his age as the reason

If it turns out true that Harris is in the GP then I find that really disappointing. Not only was he asked to compete at the challenge in preference to a whole host of other riders that were ahead of him in the qualifying (including two other British riders), he then gets in through the back door again on a controversial point - whether Gollob was confirmed in the series or not. Nothing against Harris but everything against unfairness.

• Like 1

KLAXON: "BREAKING NEWS"

It's official. Tomasz Gollob as pulled out of the 2014 GPs citing his age as the reason

He's too old to drink Monster!!! :D

The old they risk there necks to entertain us rubbish. They do it because they quite enjoy riding bikes and someone pays them to. Anyone who believes they do it for our entertainment is very stupid. Ask yourself this would they do it for free??

Swindon riders did, and I expect many others too!

• Like 1