British Speedway Forum

Zagar withdrew Thursday if I remember right. German federation was actually quite upset that they weren't called as a German rider (I guess Max Dilger) was ready to go ;)

But hey it doesn't matter now anymore, Harris took his chance and he's now probably in :-)

First rider to replace Zagar in GP Challenge was Krzysztof Buczkowski (9th in race-off in Lonigo). Noone even asked him to take Zagar's place!!

IT would have been up to the Polish Federation to ask him, if they so wished, after being informed by the FIM. The same with the German federation. The FIM say that normal procedure was followed and that eventually the ACU/BSPA were asked to supply meeting reserves and at least one English rider declined before Harris stepped up to the plate.

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 1

Maybe he won't be asked or he might turn it down if asked.All is not lost yet!!!!

Maybe he won't be asked or he might turn it down if asked.All is not lost yet!!!!

im assuming your not English because if you are then that's quite sad you feel that way. I didn't think Tai would be top 10 good job he didn't turn it down!

In the programme for the Challenge Pavlic was 1st reserve & Harris was 2nd. Assumed Pavlic didn't travel. If he had he would have been in meeting not Harris

so after all that.....can I get my Bomber flag out please ?

With a bit of luck and some sense from the FIM no bring on the youth

Common sense....

A pole withdraws.... a young Pole comes in. Either Janowski or Dudek for me, I'd go for Magic.

Common sense....

A pole withdraws.... a young Pole comes in. Either Janowski or Dudek for me, I'd go for Magic.

HPW many more times ... it's HARRIS!

In the programme for the Challenge Pavlic was 1st reserve & Harris was 2nd. Assumed Pavlic didn't travel. If he had he would have been in meeting not Harris

As I have previously posted(more than once) Pavlic was 1st in line when Zagar pulled out-then Buczkowski,then Dilger(all in the Lonigo semi where Zagar qualified) I have also previously stated that Buczkowski was in the country racing for Peterborough the previous night so IF asked why did he not accept the booking ? It`s water under the bridge but it still doesn`t sit right with me.
  • Like 1

As I have previously posted(more than once) Pavlic was 1st in line when Zagar pulled out-then Buczkowski,then Dilger(all in the Lonigo semi where Zagar qualified) I have also previously stated that Buczkowski was in the country racing for Peterborough the previous night so IF asked why did he not accept the booking ? It`s water under the bridge but it still doesn`t sit right with me.

It matters not when Zagar pulled out. Harris was already first reserve by then. The first reserve would have been Pavlic as of the day after the last semi. If he chose not to do it then it would have been offered down to various riders from th qualifiers. Nobody wanted it. They asked Craig Cook who said no and then Chris Harris who said yes. So Bomber was 1st reserve, then a rider withdrew (Zagar) so why the hell should all those who withdrew in the previous couple of weeks get a phone call? Chris Harris was first reserve as all the others had pulled out.

Edited by SCB

Hmmm seems legit. Wonders me though why the German federation posted their (angry) statement in the press that they were never contacted about a possible replacement (Dilger).

Edited by DutchGrasstrack

Do you people seriously follow speedway? Zagar withdrew late on. Certain riders did not want to travel to be a reserve up to them. Harris was there and able to ride and has grabbed his chance. The system may be flawed but more fool the other riders who didn't or wouldn't travel. There isn't even a discussion to be had really!

actually i have gotten the impression that Zagar's withdrawal came several days earlier then Thursday but that it was not announced until the last minute.