British Speedway Forum

NOT as far as the Challenge and its qualification process is concerned. Why should they (BSI)?

I know this is what they tell you but honestly I don't believe them because BSI are the promoter of the GP series and

it lies within the interest which riders that are in "their" GP-series. Although it might be FIM that runs the qualification officially

I am pretty sure that BSI have some influence on the matter.

• Like 1

So given the quality of rider you are talking about, I suggest whoever finished 6th, without Harris would have finished 5th and so is the "victim" in this FIM stitch up ;) Who was that? Batchelor?

Ah but remember in order for the plot to have succeeded they had to rerun 2 races Harris was leading or he'd have finished higher than 5th :)

Niamh

I know this is what they tell you but honestly I don't believe them because BSI are the promoter of the GP series and

it lies within the interest which riders that are in "their" GP-series. Although it might be FIM that runs the qualification officially

I am pretty sure that BSI have some influence on the matter.

FINE if that what's you want to believe... just so happens on this occasion at least you are absolutely wrong.

Why should we believe you though Phil on this thread you stated that the correct procedure was followed to get Harris into the meeting!' Thats been proved as wrong so why should we just accept your right this time

Why should we believe you though Phil on this thread you stated that the correct procedure was followed to get Harris into the meeting!' Thats been proved as wrong so why should we just accept your right this time

BUT I didn't say that ... I wrote when asked the question the FIM said the correct procedure had been followed.

And I certainly never said that the correct procedure was followed to get Harris into the meeting.

Try putting two and two together and getting four.

BUT I didn't say that ... I wrote when asked the question the FIM said the correct procedure had been followed.

FOR heaven's sake ... we have been all over this before. It is just the way it panned out, especially after Zagar withdrew. Other riders refused the chance to participate in the Challenge, others declined to go as a meeting reserve. Harris was prepared to turn up at Wimborne Road and watch from the pits. But he got his chance and took it.

This is probably where we get confused Phil.It reads as if it is your words,your belief.No mention of the FIM,just you saying everything was done correctly.Like i say,maybe a bit more investigation would have done the job before coming out with this sort of thing so often.A quick email to one or two of the riders involved and we would have all been a bit wiser a lot sooner

If when Zagar pulled out of the GP Challenge, which I think was made public midweek before a Saturday meeting, any rider who felt they should be next in line to ride could have made themselves available.

Riders can control their own fate.

Is Emil in or out of the GP series?

Not 100% sure but I think it depends on the GP bosses saying he can't do the Euro Championships as well. If they bar him from the Euro's he's said he'll pull out the GP series to race in the Euro's only.

Good to see the authorities working in unison - not !

INTERESTING scenario. FIM certainly haven't changed their tune, as I was told today. Riders cannot do both. However, Emil, unlike Tomasz Gollob, has submitted his entry form for the SGP.

Are there sanctions the FIM can take if a rider refuses to ride? I can remember times when the likes of Briggs and Mauger were given three day bans for refusing to race in FIM meetings. Perhaps the FIM will withdraw Emil's licence over a GP weekend if he doesn't race, which would rule him out of Polish league matches. FIM being very non-committal on this question right now, playing their cards close to their chest.

Is it enforceable and do the FIM have a leg to stand on or will they make themselves look foolish yet again?Is it an unreasonable restriction of trade?It is a restriction that has never been there before,so could easily be shown to be unreasonable.Is it a restriction applied after Emil had already sent in his entry form?

If a rider refuses to ride in a GP then the rider will be banned from racing on the day before and the day after the event plus he's not allowed to race in the rest of the GP meetings of that season.

If a rider refuses to ride in a GP then the rider will be banned from racing on the day before and the day after the event plus he's not allowed to race in the rest of the GP meetings of that season.

Well that would be simple for Emil.He doesn't ride in NZ.So they ban him from all meetings that weekend and he is not allowed to ride in any more GPs that season.Job done.What he wanted

FINE if that what's you want to believe... just so happens on this occasion at least you are absolutely wrong.

How do you know that they tell you the truth? It's hardly something they would admit is it?

NOT as far as the Challenge and its qualification process is concerned. Why should they (BSI)?

More bums on seats at Cardiff is a possibility - more money.