British Speedway Forum

More bums on seats at Cardiff is a possibility - more money.

Come on!

If they'd wanted Bomber in the series they's have picked him not engineered the complex conspiracy to get him in.

Niamh

Long time reader first post. Had to post on this thread as it's so laughable! I love a conspriacy theory.. personally I reckon it was the lone gunman on the grassy knoll that got Harris into the series. LOL

Harris is in the GP's & that's it. Get behind the guy & support him, or just do what a load of other people do & support the foreign rider who happens to ride for your club - which I find pretty sad. (obviously not if you're non-British)

Good luck to Chris & Tai in the SGP 2014 :)

• Like 1

So after all that we do not know who to believe!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we will never know the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!

We might !!!! if the FIM answer some questions such as

1 when did Zagar withdraw from the GP Challenge final

2 what are the FIM rules for replacing riders who withdraw.

3 which federations were contacted to provide a replacement and when

4 When Kildemand was promoted into the meeting proper why wasn`t a reserve nominated from the Holsted semi

4 When Kildemand was promoted into the meeting proper why wasn`t a reserve nominated from the Holsted semi

But i guess they never will answer those questions.They won't even answer the riders who are involved in such situations.Not only Dilger,but i posted a link round this time last year when Dryml was having trouble and he also stated the FIM never sent him a reply.Seems indicative of the organisation and really quite outrageous that they don't feel the need to answer riders!!!!

Regardless of the circumstances Chris Harris is in the series. Lucky? Yes for sure. But luck sometimes comes to those who want it and this is a rider who has always wanted to be in the series and been very upfront about the fact. Should he be in this series? Well, we'll know by the end of Torun next year. Woffy himself was condemned for making up the numbers and though I think Chris has no chance of the crown next year, the ball is 100% in his court to prove he is worthy of this opportunity.

My opinion on the GP is you have the elite band of 6-8 riders who can win multiple GPs per year, are consistent and a class above. Then the next 20-25 in the world are very close on ability and who gets those last 7-9 spots is down to marking your turf and making your claim. Good luck to all 15 in 2015!

Harris is in the GP's & that's it. Get behind the guy & support him, or just do what a load of other people do & support the foreign rider who happens to ride for your club - which I find pretty sad. (obviously not if you're non-British)

Well said...

Good luck to Chris and Tai next season.

• Like 1

Still can't get my head round why a wild card selected by the organisers who has declined to enter the competition cannot be replaced by another wild card of the organisers choice rather than being forced to use a rider who finished 5th in the Grand Prix challenge ! not withstanding that rider having already being eliminated in an earlier qualifying round.

Because its what yhe rules state. Though I agreee the rules dont make much sense, and one suspects may be changed before next year.

In my limited experience of speedway politics it's a case less of 'conspiracy', and more like 'cock-up'. Things happen sometimes not due to some sinister plan, but.....just happen.

In my limited experience of speedway politics it's a case less of 'conspiracy', and more like 'cock-up'. Things happen sometimes not due to some sinister plan, but.....just happen.

John Le Carre said that in his years as a behind the scenes spymaster, whenever anything went drastically amiss and the inquest started, it was ALWAYS the cock-up over the conspiracy. "Plus ca change, plus la meme chose"

Regards. Alan.

• Like 1

John Le Carre said that in his years as a behind the scenes spymaster, whenever anything went drastically amiss and the inquest started, it was ALWAYS the cock-up over the conspiracy. "Plus ca change, plus la meme chose"

Regards. Alan.

Didn`t know you spoke 3 languages-English,American and French :lol:

Didn`t know you spoke 3 languages-English,American and French :lol:

I'm watching DVDs of "M Squad" , "Peter Gunn" and "The Man From UNCLE" to try and assimilate.Too late i think. :lol: Bacon Butties for ever :t: Hope you are well. Alan.

You're missing the point here. It's not all about Brits vs foreigners because there was at least one other British rider who was not asked to race at the challenge, and they were ahead of Harris in the qualifiers. Blatant favouritism. As I've said before, it's not his fault but not only have the FIM appeared to make a huge b**ls up, so have the BSPA.