British Speedway Forum

Why should Laguta brothers receive wild cards?

They didn't even bother to participate in qualifications for next year GP

..and they probably won't get visas for every round!! :wink::shock:

Why should Laguta brothers receive wild cards?

They didn't even bother to participate in qualifications for next year GP

Surely that rules out Gollob and Lindgren too then?

Most of the time Gollob doesn't look like he wants to be in this year's GP series, let alone next year's.

It's very sad to see him pright now.

Niamh

Most of the time Gollob doesn't look like he wants to be in this year's GP series, let alone next year's.

It's very sad to see him pright now.

Niamh

Yet he's still scoring OK points. Proof he has a stupid amount of talent, can turn up, go through the motions and still score 5 or 6 points and outscore Lindback, Lindgren and Vaculik with worrying regularity.

Yet he's still scoring OK points. Proof he has a stupid amount of talent, can turn up, go through the motions and still score 5 or 6 points and outscore Lindback, Lindgren and Vaculik with worrying regularity.

5 - 6 points is not top 8 standard.

Currently a 6 year old on a pushbike could outscore Lindback.

Niamh

5 - 6 points is not top 8 standard.

Currently a 6 year old on a pushbike could outscore Lindback.

Niamh

Top 8 is an arbitrary figure though. Are you telling me that if everyone in the World agreed that the top 15 riders in the World were the 15 riders in last years GP, you'd kick out the riders 9-15 for 7 new riders? Gollob is currently 9th, he's going to end 9th (he'll pass Holder, Ward will pass him). So you need to name 7 riders, currently not in the GP series, who are better than him. 7 riders who can score 5-7 points a GP. 7 riders who can make a GP final (as Gollob did the GP before last). Owning to the fact of the Wildcards only Lebdevs and Harris have managed 7 or more there can't be much outside the GP system capable of matching Gollob, even a Gollob who can't be bothered!

Well if you get pleaseure from watching the 2013 Gollob, fine.

I just think it's very sad to see him as a mere shadow of his former greatness.

Niasmh

Surely that rules out Gollob and Lindgren too then?

Honestly, I really don't know what to do with Gollob, but I am pretty sure that Lindgren didn't deserve a WC.

Surely the 3 picks (one will go to Holder) will depend a lot on who gets through at Poole. I would imagine the authorities would be hoping for a Swede or two to get through otherwise that may well affect the make up of the wild cards.

Personally, I would like to see another Russian in the series.

AT this moment you would bet on Ward making the top eight rather than Gollob once Holder drops out. Having watched Gollob all weekend, at the track and in hotel, hard to believe that he has much enthusiasm for it any more.

Darcy is likely to end up in top eight. Since his return he has out scored Gollob at each GP and Holder is not going to add any more points.

Holder 82

Gollob 73

Ward 68

If he does not he is well worthy of a wild card.

I'm not one for Ward getting a wild-card, He's failed to qualify automatically for the last 2 years and he's been relying on a wild-card rather than entering the GP qualifying series.

Only GP qualifier participants should get wild-card picks so also tough luck to Holder in my opinion.

I'm not one for Ward getting a wild-card, He's failed to qualify automatically for the last 2 years and he's been relying on a wild-card rather than entering the GP qualifying series.

Only GP qualifier participants should get wild-card picks so also tough luck to Holder in my opinion.

You cannot be serious? insanity might be creeping in.!