British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

International Best Pairs - 8th June (eurosport)

Will this meeting only 1 week away, does anybody have the final line up?

The eurosport website for it still only has;

Australia: 1.Holder. 2. ? Reserve: ?

USA: 1.Hancock. 2.Fisher. Reserve: ?

Poland: 1.Hampel. 2.Gollob. Reserve: Adrian

Denmark: 1. N Pedersen. 2. ? Reserve: ?

Czech: 1.A Dryml. 2.L Dryml. Reserve: ?

Russia: 1.Emil. 2. G Laguta. Reserve: A Laguta

Sweden: 1.Lindback. 2.AJ. Reserve: ?

Can anybody fill in the blanks? X

Edited by mdmc82

Not sure but know it is def on 8th June.

Its also on eurosports 6pm which is great. :)

• Like 1

Pedersen not riding and Iversen or Holder may be guesting for Wolves at Eastboure ?

Darcy Ward could be set for a comeback in this one for Australia, possibly with Holder (if available) or/and Davey Watt.

Pedersen not riding and Iversen or Holder may be guesting for Wolves at Eastboure ?

Darcy Ward could be set for a comeback in this one for Australia, possibly with Holder (if available) or/and Davey Watt.

Who would Iversen/Holder be covering at Wolves as Tai is R/R as hes no longer no 1 in averages

Who would Iversen/Holder be covering at Wolves as Tai is R/R as hes no longer no 1 in averages

Tai will be covered by guests as long as Ty Proctor is out which will be a few weeks yet.

Woffinden = Guest

Proctor = R/R

Looking forward to this, and again the Eurosport coverage.

It has been fun ditching SkySports from my TV package, and still catching the GP series.

I don't miss the Elite League, though the odd Premier League meet that has been shown on Sky over the years has been entertaining.

Seeing the best riders doesn't always mean seeing the best racing. Scunthorpe and Somerset televised meets have always been great.

Glad that the pairs is on though. Looking forward to it!

Darcy won't risk this one if his comments at the SGP Methanol Club VIP lunch are anything to go by. I can't see Holder giving up his place to 'guest' at Eastie either!! Aussies should be Holder/Watt!

I can pass on the format of the meeting for now. 23 races in the meeting as below

7 countries

2 riders + substitution in each team

Modified heat scoring, guaranteeing emotions in each heat (no draws!):

sq.gif 1st place - 4 points

sq.gif 2nd place - 3 points

sq.gif 3rd place - 2 points

sq.gif 4th place - 0 points

21 heats in regular phase - head to head

Semi-final heat - 2nd and 3rd team after regular phase

Big Final - winner of regular phase and winner of semi-final heat

Edited by manchesterpaul

What we need for us watching on Eurosport is a racecard to fill in and follow-anybody volunteering ? will it be the standard 7 teams over 21 heats ?

I've knocked up an Excel workbook if you have Excel 2007 or newer. The race formula should be the traditional 21 heat, 7 team one as laid down by the FIM (although it's not an FIM meeting). I've got 2 printable versions but they'll have to stand by until the draw and riders are confirmed. There's a blank 'grid-style' version of one online just now, the other will be in the more traditional style.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oj1egjc4tow01py/XkAn2aOuV0?m

What we need for us watching on Eurosport is a racecard to fill in and follow-anybody volunteering ? will it be the standard 7 teams over 21 heats ?

Probably not what you want to hear R&R as i don't think you like my racecards lol lol.......i've just put together a single sheet DUAL GRID version with the features of the MiniMax SGP ones i do.

I've knocked up an Excel workbook if you have Excel 2007 or newer. The race formula should be the traditional 21 heat, 7 team one as laid down by the FIM (although it's not an FIM meeting). I've got 2 printable versions but they'll have to stand by until the draw and riders are confirmed. There's a blank 'grid-style' version of one online just now, the other will be in the more traditional style.

https://www.dropbox....py/XkAn2aOuV0?m

The info i gave before regarding the format was taken from the official website of the competition. When they say 21 heats plus a semi-final and final then one presumes the main body is the FIM template for a pairs meeting. It will be a bit odd if they change that part of it. Hopefully they do follow it so that the gate positions are correct.

I may not publish if it ends up nobody knows who's going to ride on the eve of the meeting or the order of the teams. It's supposed to be, or is certainly being promoted as one of the major meetings of the whole season across the world. So like i say i hope we don't get all this no published or settled line-up until the day itself as if it was a filler open meeting.

Still well miffed no UK representatives,

Maybe someone could contact the organisers-on behalf of the european TV viewers and ask for the heat details so we can follow the meeting with a score chart.

info@speedwaypairs.com

biuro@onesportmarketing.pl

I suppose we will know at some point the details when Sportowefafty post their live updates page.

Edited by racers and royals