British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

International Best Pairs - 8th June (eurosport)

If they were so determined to field a 'select' team, rather than solely a Czech team, they could have done a lot worse than asking Martin Vaculik to ride and label the team 'Czechoslovakia.'

• Like 2

Typical British lamentations ... You are not able to organize such meeting, so "everything is wrong" ... One Sport Marketing decided to organized friendly tournament so they are only one who determines rules, line-up, etc.

But I understand ... they "play on the nose" of British based BSI, so they are all evil ...

• Like 2

According to the official website, there's a couple of minor alterations to the line-up from earlier: Troy Batchelor is at reserve for Australia, and Matej Zagar rides at number 10 for the Czechoslovenians with Tomas Suchanek at reserve. U.S.A. appear to have no third rider/reserve at this time.

According to the official website, there's a couple of minor alterations to the line-up from earlier: Troy Batchelor is at reserve for Australia, and Matej Zagar rides at number 10 for the Czechoslovenians with Tomas Suchanek at reserve. U.S.A. appear to have no third rider/reserve at this time.

.....and you think those will be the only changes????!!! :rofl: Whilst I am all in favour of this tournament being run, I do wish the organisers had chosen a date that had fewer fixture clashes!! Longtrack and GP qualifier all happening this weekend!!

Edited by Skidder1

.....and you think those will be the only changes????!!! :rofl: Whilst I am all in favour of this tournament being run, I do wish the organisers had chosen a date that had fewer fixture clashes!! Longtrack and GP qualifier all happening this weekend!!

Aye yer right enough - Batchelor no longer listed on website.

They should put together Vaculik and Žagar, people will think we are the same country, because 90% people still doesn"t know the difference beetween Slovenia and Slovakia, even in Europe. Last time in Gp quali in Germany they show Čonda under Slovakian flag. :-)

Would understand a bit if Matej was Slovakian but he's not! Ridiculous are there not any young up and coming Czech riders they could use....and the fact it is being held in Poland makes it all the more incredulous as if it was in Prague or somewhere then i may just about understand them wanting to not affect crowd figures...but they should have done what Moomin suggested and called them Czech/Slovakia ..left the o out on purpose for legal reasons lol

Typical British lamentations ... You are not able to organize such meeting, so "everything is wrong" ... One Sport Marketing decided to organized friendly tournament so they are only one who determines rules, line-up, etc.

But I understand ... they "play on the nose" of British based BSI, so they are all evil ...

Not at all. I'm certainly no apologist for BSI and wish One Sport Marketing every success in this venture, as well as the revamped European Championship. However, their own decision to create a 'composite' Czech and Slovenian side undermines the credibility of the event, as it is no longer solely national sides taking part, which was the original purpose of the event. As it stands, the composition of the American and Australian sides is incomplete. Who will end up as the reserve riders for these teams? Polish reserves, riders from other nations, or none at all?

Would understand a bit if Matej was Slovakian but he's not! Ridiculous are there not any young up and coming Czech riders they could use....and the fact it is being held in Poland makes it all the more incredulous as if it was in Prague or somewhere then i may just about understand them wanting to not affect crowd figures...but they should have done what Moomin suggested and called them Czech/Slovakia ..left the o out on purpose for legal reasons lol

Or seeing as he's Slovenian the solution that would avoid belittlement is as i mentioned erlier

Agree strongly that it devalues the event and that could have been avoided simply by calling the team Czech Rep/Slovenia.

So, is Pedersen racing for the Danes? Jonsson for the Swedes?

Could just call the team rest of europe.think there have been a couple such teams entered in FIM events in the recent past anyway

Not sure why the Americans need a 3rd rider, they can just borrow someone elses. As for the Danes, I've heard they'll use R/R for Nicki.

USA will just have Hancock and Fisher -no reserve

This is getting silly now. Anyone know yet if Australia will have an Australian reserve? UPDATE It is reported that Travis McGowan will wait until the day of the meeting to name his third rider (if there will be one?)

I getting a little irked that the day before the meeting we don't have a complete line-up. I put work into hurriedly setting up a great racecard (as others have done the same) in a very short time i had available grrRRRR lol. So it's annoying if it's going to end up in a type of open meeting with meaningless team names.

Ok yes, of course i'll be watching and thoroughly enjoying the meeting whoever ends up riding for who, and yes of course Poland seems to be the only country capable of staging an event of this kind outside of the GP's.

Incidentally, whilst the event has it's own official site can't find any preview or write up of it on the Eurosport site :( I thought i had seen articles earlier in the week but maybe i've got in mind just seeing the Eurosport logo on the official site of the event.

Edited by manchesterpaul