British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

International Best Pairs - 8th June (eurosport)

FREE

2013 Eurosport Best Pairs Racecard - Torun, Poland (Saturday, 8th June, 2013 Local TIme 7pm, BST 6pm, UTC/GMT 5pm)

AVAILABLE as of NOW! You can directly download it from the top of the following page.*

DUAL GRID MiniMax Racecard 2013 EUROSPORT BEST PAIRS

*This racecard is available with the officially announced provisional line-up. The original line-ups are having changes made at a late stage. I will make any amendments accordingly. It's your choice as to whether you wish to print out on the provisional line-ups or wait.

Awwww still well miffed we not got a UK pair riding instead of the combined Czech Rep/Slovenia or Czech Rep/Guest team :lol:

Edited by manchesterpaul

Typical British lamentations ... You are not able to organize such meeting, so "everything is wrong" ...

Not far off the mark there. As I understand it, the BSPA didn't want to field a GB team as it would cost them money to effectively fund a rival promotions agency's event. The BSPA still view British Speedway and especially the Elite League as the most important speedway tournament in the world. Now that there is more money, and more television and more top riders in Poland and Sweden, there is an ever increasing amount of sulking going on. As has been seen, no British rider has been entered into the European Championships, and no quarter given to teams who field foreigners who have been entered into the "Euro's" by their parent federations.

The BSPA are withdrawing into their shells, and the other speedway promotions companies are distancing themselves from the BSPA. Witness BSI's decision to nominate their own wild card, and contract Chris Harris as far back as last November, to the Cardiff GP. If truth be known, none of the British riders who did their damnest were ever in with a sniff of Cardiff. It was such a massive game of smoke and mirrors to give the impression that the British Championships mattered that I'm surprised that it hasn't stirred up more controversy than it did.

The money is in Poland, the television coverage is in Poland, so if the Poles (One Sport etc) decide to run their own show, who can stop them? BSI are completely independent of the BSPA and the Cardiff SGP didn't even get much of a mention or any promotion by the BSPA (their web site, or any other means), so much of a sulk was had about it.

British Speedway and the British Championships is now isolated in World speedway terms. It won't be long before the top British riders will have decisions to make about whether they want to continue as bigish fish in a shrinking pool, or if they want to up-sticks and move their lot onto the continent, like others have in the past.

4 variations on a theme for anyone wanting a racecard for tonight:

• Excel workbook (for 2007 and newer)
  • Printable grid-style card (version 1)
  • Printable more traditional layout (version 2)
  • Printable grid-style card with race formula stripped out (version 3)

Version 3 is to cover the possichancity that the meeting doesn't run to the traditional pairs formula - speedwayupdates thinks it will, sportowefakty isn't so sure.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oj1egjc4tow01py/XkAn2aOuV0?m

Version 3 is to cover the possichancity that the meeting doesn't run to the traditional pairs formula - speedwayupdates thinks it will, sportowefakty isn't so sure.

https://www.dropbox....py/XkAn2aOuV0?m

Is that possibility taken from a Sportowefakty article? On their live score page they 'currently' state

"Run the race: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 11th 12th 13th 14th 15th16th 17th 18 19 20 21 Play-off: 22 Final: 23"

Not sure why they would alter a format that has each pair meeting each other? But i guess we shall see and if so the air will turn blue around me lol.

uk martin ... BSI did not contract Chris Harris for the Cardiff wild card as far back as November. They did inform the BSPA that results in the 203 British Final would no longer determine the Cardiff wild card but the decision to give it to Harris was not made until a few weeks before the event.

Can the reserve be used throughout the meeting in place of either of the pair.

yes

Cool i can't wait to see America's invisible man riding his bike lol.

will Zagar be in for Dryml in every race?

Unless he's riding so poor that they give reserve Tomas Suchanek his rides here and there.

Just seen the news....

NO NICKI PEDERSEN!

:(

Still no word on the Australian reserve, surely there a few of them already in Poland for the league matches on Sunday?

OK updated the racecard......who knows if we are done yet for the day lol. We're certainly waiting for the Australian reserve at least. If they don't have one we risk getting some three rider races in the case of injuries during the meeting with so far USA and now Denmark no reserve.

FREE

2013 Eurosport Best Pairs Racecard - Torun, Poland (Saturday, 8th June, 2013 Local TIme 7pm, BST 6pm, UTC/GMT 5pm)

AVAILABLE as of NOW! You can directly download it from the top of the following page.*

DUAL GRID MiniMax Racecard 2013 EUROSPORT BEST PAIRS

*This racecard is available with the officially announced provisional line-up. The original line-ups are having changes made at a late stage. I will make any amendments accordingly. It's your choice as to whether you wish to print out on the provisional line-ups or wait.

INCIDENTALLY I WOULD RECOMMEND HOLDING BACK FROM DOWNLOADING UNTIL A LITTLE LATER UNTIL THE DANES CONFIRM THE RIDING ORDER. They had 1. Pedersen 2, Jensen 3. Andersen. Now whether Andersen goes into Perdersen's number 1 slot or Jensen moves into the number one position i don't know. Anyone know how it goes normally in such a case?

Edited by manchesterpaul

I'm opening a book on how many points Nicki Pedersen scores!!!! Ooops, 2 minutes too late! :wink:

Edited by Skidder1

See Hans in for Nicki. Wouldnt be my first choice as not in great form. NKI would of course be first, Larsen doing well abroad and getting track records.

See Hans in for Nicki. Wouldnt be my first choice as not in great form. NKI would of course be first, Larsen doing well abroad and getting track records.

Apparently they didn't pick Iversen because he has a poor record at the track or doesn't like it, one or the other or both!