British Speedway Forum
CardinalSin

Ipswich Vs Newcastle Thursday 6th June 7.30pm

If you watched Sky last night, the 2,000+ crowd at lakeside proves Jackass's point. He knows what he's talking about. While we're here perhaps he can use his expertise and give us his list of riders that CL should be calling.

You know that is nobodies job but CL's. ;)

youd think if Ipswich can have it on their website then we could on ours aswell though dave, we only seem to update the news section on ours now and then for some reason??.

I knew it was going to be a late decision, hence my last sentence in post #12. Away teams have to forward their team about 3 days ahead to the home team for printing, and if Andrew didn't ride nothing was lost as it would be R/R again. Probably for now ride him at 2 as well. to take pressure off him in the number 5 position. We'll see, but that's what I would do and ride Richie at 5 as he is doing so well.

Can I just state nowhere on this forum did I state there was or could be nearly 2,000 at Lakeside for any meeting. The nearly 2,000 was at foxhall ONLY so please you :icon_smile_clown: read my listing and not make up ridiculous suggestions that Ive not said :approve:

A few years back lakeside were letting everyone in for free for one meeting and still only managed about 4 thousand if I remember correctly.

A few years back lakeside were letting everyone in for free for one meeting and still only managed about 4 thousand if I remember correctly.

Lakeside which is on the outskirts of London and is up against all the other attractions in London and that is why they have small gates.

I knew it was going to be a late decision, hence my last sentence in post #12. Away teams have to forward their team about 3 days ahead to the home team for printing, and if Andrew didn't ride nothing was lost as it would be R/R again. Probably for now ride him at 2 as well. to take pressure off him in the number 5 position. We'll see, but that's what I would do and ride Richie at 5 as he is doing so well.

id have him at number 2 also if we can.

id have him at number 2 also if we can.

Even with the new averages applicable tomorrow, that lovely lad learning to gate, Robbo, will still be number 1 and the rest anywhere else, except the two reserves.

Interestingly, Tully's average has increased in the new figures and he hasn't even ridden. Obviously they have dropped a couple of earlier meetings poorer results, so he is getting better when he doesn't ride.

Oh I never realised Richie broke his leg last year just to keep his average down? You seem to forget only being allowed a replacement up to 5 points last year cost us the league. :mad:

thought that was the play offs you still finished top didn't you?

Lakeside which is on the outskirts of London and is up against all the other attractions in London and that is why they have small gates.

....the shops

Looking forward to the mighty Diamonds coming to town. Too early to tell who's the best team in the league at this stage, but (in my opinion) Newcastle have put together the best team for the past 2 seasons, only to be hit by terrible luck with injuries. 2 years ago their top end decimated by injuries, and last year the bottom end. I know all teams get injuries, but they have suffered more than most. P.S. Would aljerk like to tell us which clubs in the Country still get crowds of 2,000? I don't know of many. Also, why doesn't he go on the elite league section and post under the elite league death imminent thread, maybe he could tell all the realists how wonderful it is. Awful track preparation, teams calling meetings off at short notice, riders putting a pointless practice before their clubs, I could go on and on, but I'm just happy we're in a realistic league. Has there ever been in a league, in any sport, in any Country that has dragged through the mud like our "wonderful" diluted league was last month? I very much doubt it. A total embarrassment to British Speedway!!!

• Like 1

An away point would make the 5 hour drive home more bearable.

An away win (and all 4 points), would make the 5 hour drive seem like an hour!!

It's another test for the Diamonds to see how good we really are (we've passed most others..... so far).

Terrific support if you're travelling down for this! I tip my hat to you. Anyone else making the trip?
  • Like 1

Having now printed out my scoresheet for this one and looked through the heats I've come to the conclusion that Witches will need to be on top form to get anything out of the meeting .

Newcastle look strong throughout with several riders that like Foxhall or have done in the past .

I definitely see it being a close meeting or we end up getting battered , I don't see a big Witches win at all .

I obviously hope im wrong and will happily eat a large slice of humble pie if I am !

This looks like a tough meeting for the Witches and will show how good we really are and whether we will be good enough to make the top 6 or not. Ben needs to start riding like the no1 we signed him for because as yet he has struggled to live up to that tag and theres no better time than this meeting to do just that. If he does I feel the Witches will win but if he does not its going to be difficult.

I hope the referee keeps a close watch on Robbo at the gate so he doesn't get away with cheating with rolling starts, he is starting to get a real reputation for them, then whinging like hell he didn't.

It will also be a good test to see what the gate is, goodish opposition and warmer sunny weather at last arriving, so should be near 2,000 and not struggling to get 700 or 800 as it has been recently for league meetings. If not, well proves the fans do not want premier league racing at all and the Elite League is the answer but there I already know that :approve:

Only in your head!

Only in your head!

Did you not watch sky Monday sunshine and hear Mr Pearson's and Mr Tatum's comments on Robbo's gating prowess ??? Both agreed he is getting a reputation for trying to cheat at the gate with rolling starts, so certainly not just me but the hierarchy :approve:

Did you not watch sky Monday sunshine and hear Mr Pearson's and Mr Tatum's comments on Robbo's gating prowess ??? Both agreed he is getting a reputation for trying to cheat at the gate with rolling starts, so certainly not just me but the hierarchy :approve:

The day Pearson and Tatum start talking anything but drivel will be a great day. I also heard them describe Kasprzak as the potential next world champion. It's called "fill in on a boring meeting with utter tosh".

Anyway you can see for yourself on Thursday and make your own mind up.

• Like 1

:) there's a lot worse than robbo in the PL for rolling, anyway the ref rightly excluded him and called the other back, not as if he got away with it.... So what's the problem??