British Speedway Forum

Found last years sup regs-http://www.fim-live.com/fileadmin/alfresco/MORIZES_SR_506.9.pdf

start time 20.30 local-must be floodlit.

Yes I went to Marmande last year and that didn't start until 2100. I assumed it might be similar, the only reason i needed to know was whether to stay in the immediate vicinity as we are on our way down to Spain that weekend.

Thanks for your efforts, If i see Matty T at Rye House i can probably get the lowdown from him but he has missed quite few of our home meetings due to his Grass /Longtrack engagements

The Longtrack GP round 3 in Eenrum got called off yesterday after HUGE rainfall. There was no point rescheduling it to today or tomorrow due to the soaked clay/grassy track plus bad weather forecast.

The FINAL Longtrack GP of the season will be held in Muhldorf on sunday. With just two points between series leader Jannick de Jong and runner-up Mathieu Tressarieu it will be a great battle. German youngster Erik Riss follows on place three in just his first season with Britain's Richard Hall still in sight of a podium with a fourth place in the current standings.

LIVE updates here: http://live.baansportfansite.nl/event/73/wk-langbaan-gp5-muhldorf.html

Start of the meeting is 13:30 local time.

• Like 1

Erik Riss is the 2014 World Longtrack Champion with 77 points overall. Joonas Kylmakorpi won this round the last in the series.

BELIEVE young Riss is quite keen on speedway... great talent and already a great showman apparently.

There are two of them, and Erik is more in to LT and the other one for speedway I'm told. But then again, at that age things change over night.

There are two of them, and Erik is more in to LT and the other one for speedway I'm told. But then again, at that age things change over night.

How interesting. Two riders named Erik Riis. This must be a "long track first"?

BELIEVE young Riss is quite keen on speedway... great talent and already a great showman apparently.

His father Gerd said on Sunday, right after Erik had won the world long-track title, that even now if he would ask his son, whether he is more keen on riding speedway or long-track, the answer would be speedway. Erik says, he only rides long-track occasionally and as he so easily got into the world championship, he did that as well this year, but never expecting that it would be so relatively easy to win it.

His one year elder brother Mark is the same, and is just as good on the long-track as is Erik, but keen and very much focused on speedway racing. Mark did not ride long-track at all this year, after fallign of a few times the year before. Mark has instead concentrated himself completely on his speedway career, has won a place in the Landshut Devils Bundesliga team, finished runner-up in the German U-21 speedway national championship and has reached the European U-21 Championship final (which he unfortunately missed riding in due to their transport van breaking down en-route to Poland).

Interesting fact on the Riss Brothers is that they are born on the same day, but one year apart. Mark is born on September 13, 1994, and Erik on September 13, 1995. Perfect timing shown once more by their father Gerd.

By the way, Gerd Riss has already indicated that if Mark and Erik are to become professional speedway riders, at one point of their career the two must come over and ride in the UK to learn to ride the many different types of tracks.

No, - Read carefully, "..young Risk .... " There ARE 2 of them, - and Erik is the one into Long Track.

Not quite, gustix. There are two Riss's, but not two Eriks.

But it is a historic first in the history of the world long-track championship that a father and now the son have both won the world cahmpion's title. Erik following the tire marks of his father Gerd.

So Erik has won the world long track championship and has just turned, couple weeks ago, 19.

Thats a BIG Wow!

Some sour grapes from the dethroned world champ to do with the watering of the start gates and some criticism of the "unknown" british ref.But this was a series and not won in one meeting and i can also relate to trying to give a home rider some advantage.

Congrats to the youngster

Some sour grapes from the dethroned world champ to do with the watering of the start gates and some criticism of the "unknown" british ref.But this was a series and not won in one meeting and i can also relate to trying to give a home rider some advantage.

Congrats to the youngster

Ref Chris Durno-he`s done meetings all over Europe