British Speedway Forum
psycho3a

Premier League Fours - Peterborough 14/07/2013

It must be handy getting the leftovers once you've finished your shelf-stacking duties :icon_smile_clown: .

The Red lights don't have to be changed, - there just needs to be a procedure in place to aid the track staff when it's a daytime meeting. Many moons ago, the then announcer at Mildenhall (Terry Rippo) used to call out over the PA: "The Red Lights Are On" to assist track staff who might not see the lights in the glare. A simple , but effective aid. A larger 'cap' for the light (like on traffic lights) and/or might be helpful too.

There's no reason why the announcer shouldn't be able to tell the crowd what's going on. No reason at all.

Lengthy periods of silence are inexcusable when there are so many riders, etc. available to interview - and probably a few notable visitors that would also be worth having a chat with.

did the riders listen to him?......... I know it alerted the track boys with their flags.
  • Like 1

did the riders listen to him?......... I know it alerted the track boys with their flags.

I've no idea if the riders could hear - and we laughed the first time we heard, simply because we were thinking about the riders. But it soon became obvious the idea was to help the track staff.

Simple solutions are frequently the most effective.

Echo all the comments above the meeting took forever thank god it was a warm day..... I like many left before the end first time ive done that just was truly that sick. The referee was useless lost count the amount of times she pulled races back. Track staff struggled to see the red lights with the sun resulting in races being halfway round the first lap as well as numerous incidents. To be fair to David Hoggart Peterborough is probably the best place for the fours, normally gets a good turnout just unfortunately on sunday everything went wrong. One last thing is there any pics from sunday does anyone know?

Echo all the comments above the meeting took forever thank god it was a warm day..... I like many left before the end first time ive done that just was truly that sick. The referee was useless lost count the amount of times she pulled races back. Track staff struggled to see the red lights with the sun resulting in races being halfway round the first lap as well as numerous incidents. To be fair to David Hoggart Peterborough is probably the best place for the fours, normally gets a good turnout just unfortunately on sunday everything went wrong. One last thing is there any pics from sunday does anyone know?

steve Brock has loads, we were looking at them on the bus on the journey home.

steve Brock has loads, we were looking at them on the bus on the journey home.

Yeah I was on his website before but nothing on, but thanks for the reply

dvd available then?

Yes, from ReRun.

I filmed two hours worth. Add to that all the interviews and it should work out at quite a hefty production.

But Cook didn't make contact (I think) and he didn't lose control. It's not an excludable fence to pass someone. Cook left Bellego with room to race.

I'm glad that Babs Horley is a ref, rather than a few on here. Otherwise overtaking would be banned. :o;)

All the best

Rob

Agreed Rob a total racing incident..I had a perfect view of it looking right across from the 1st corner by the way.Cookie did nothing wrong whatsoever, and yet it didnt stop some Ipswich fans in particular from saying 'disgusting & dirty riding' from him.If i thought he had done anything naughty i would say so..some people are just bad losers i guess going from some of the twaddle posted on twitter etc :mad: For once..and i never thought i'd say this Mistress Babs got it spot on :o As for all the moans & gripes about the running of the event,delays etc (what are you moaning about anyway.. you got a tan didnt ya! :P ),i thought the Peterborough track staff and all who helped did a really good job under very trying circumstances.I'm glad to report that all the riders involved in the crashes got out relatively unscathed :approve: The arguments about the tyres only came from certain parties (Chris Louis being one i believe?) and that is outwith the organisers control unfortunately.All in all it was a marathon of a day to say the least, and the delays sucked,but even though i had to walk miles in the blazing sun to get back for a peterboro bus i wouldnt have missed it for the world!I was so proud of the boys in Blue & Gold and we fully deserved our victory. :party: Craig Cook pulled off a couple of sensational wins that took the breath away but every Edinburgh Monarchs rider fully contributed with vital points.Claus Vissing must have been the coolest dude in the place when he dropped the clutch in Heat 12 to bring the trophy back to Embra!It was great to see a large Monarchs support in our traditional spot,and was also nice to bump in to young Shadders & Squall and have a natter.Good idea on the bevvy front Shads by the way ;) All i can say is bring on Peterboro Premier league Fours 2014!Cheers :drink::t:

Edited by Young51

Hoping for an uncut dvd... Not an edited one.

It will have to be a boxed series!!

• Like 1

The arguments about the tyres only came from certain parties (Chris Louis being one i believe?) and that is outwith the organisers control unfortunately.

Depends who you class as the organisers. From a BSPA perspective, there needs to be a process in place to decide on vital things such as tyres, and their use in a major event. Track and weather conditions obviously played their part. Health & Safety has to prioritised over cost.

Leigh Lanham in his local newspaper article said he was really concerned about the state of some tyres, which were described as "shredded", and that riders should not be forced to race on them.

I've got the DVD now and had a good look at the big pileup, which in any case I had seen from right above it. Craig Cook came in hard on the inside and was ahead of Bellego as they reached the turn. David didn't realise he was there and turned inwards, then saw Cook and swerved out again, into Tungate's back wheel. There was definitely no contact, an unlucky incident but a correct decision. Even if there had been contact, it would have been because David turned from mid-track towards the inside without realising that part of the track was occupied.

I wonder if Pete Simmons will buy a DVD?

I wonder if Pete Simmons will buy a DVD?

Why?

• Like 1

Would the most simple way of letting trackstaff know the race has been stopped to have the 2 minute wiring siren triggered by the red liight button , nobody would notice the red light come on when the riders are put on 2 minutes the 10 times or so during a meeting.Also why not make all tracks have redlights whicb pulse on/off i think that could also make them easier to spot.