British Speedway Forum

Any body know why GB are not in the European Best Pairs in Poland tomorrow. Sweden, Australia, USA, Russia Czech Republic Poland & Denmark are. Confused as I thought USA & Australia were not part of Europe?

Edited by Mad Potter 2

Any body know why GB are not in the European Best Pairs in Poland tomorrow. Sweden, Australia, USA, Russia Czech Republic Poland & Denmark are. Confused as I thought USA & Australia were not part of Europe?

Aaaahhhh!!! - silly you. :wink::blink:

This is SPEEDWAY we are talking about - it's about on a level with Israel being in the Eurovision Song Contest. :rolleyes:

I know where they are coming from - but - perhaps they could have called it something else. :) :)

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1

This is SPEEDWAY we are talking about - it's about on a level with Israel being in the Eurovision Song Contest. :rolleyes:

I know where they are coming from - but - perhaps they could have called it something else. :) :)

Something like World Speedway Best Pairs? :wink:

• Like 1

Why no Britain?

Maybe because we would be shown up big style, and no body wants to be shown up.

Gee, it'll be like watching Eurovision all over again (sorry, Whiteknight, didn't read your post before including this - but it's funny)

Least whoever represented us would be able to blame it on invading Iraq.

Just don't invite anyone to partake in our British Championship - now that'd really make our boys look like chumps.

Edited by moxey63

Something like World Speedway best pairs? :wink:

There are only 2 GB riders racing on Sat. Lewis Bridger & Stu Robson. :rolleyes:

Something like World Speedway Best Pairs? :wink:

Gosh Mad Potter 2, I NEVER would have thought of that. :t::rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

Funny because i thought they did call it something else.Not sure where this European bit came from.On the official site it is "Speedway pairs".On Eurosport they seem to be saying Eurosport pairs,so i have no idea how European came into it

http://www.speedwaypairs.com/

As for the reason why no GB.Think it is a sort of 3 way spat between the BSPA who are miffed that no other country backed their super Euro league,BSI/IMG who are miffed that this new polish company have entered the sport and are splashing out big money for this and the European Championship series

• Like 1

BSI pay the FIM a considerable sum of money for their contract which affords them the commercial rights to World speedway championships.

There is also internal conflict at the FIM with their European colleagues which is why although the pairs and European Championship are licenced by the FIM they are not official FIM meetings and as such national federations cannot insist that their riders participate. For example, Sweden could not have ordered Freddie Lindgren to compete in Torun rather than Eastbourne.

Its actually the 'Speedway Best Pairs'! - but that isn't accurate either. The BSPA were originally against supporting this competition to protect any British league fixtures. Had Woofy been fit then he would surely have been expected to ride for Wolves rather than the British 'pair'!? As it is, Lucas Dryml has pulled out of the Czech team to ride for Eastie!!

Don't forget that Matej Zager is riding for the Czech Rep......

Is he related to Matej Zagar?

Funny because i thought they did call it something else.Not sure where this European bit came from.On the official site it is "Speedway pairs".On Eurosport they seem to be saying Eurosport pairs,so i have no idea how European came into it

http://www.speedwaypairs.com/

As for the reason why no GB.Think it is a sort of 3 way spat between the BSPA who are miffed that no other country backed their super Euro league,BSI/IMG who are miffed that this new polish company have entered the sport and are splashing out big money for this and the European Championship series

This is where info came from http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/12338/european-best-pairs-torun-2013

It isn't the 'European Best Pairs'. There is already a thread into it's fourth page that i'm very surprised you wouldn't have thought to look at before starting this thread. It is near the top of recent threads when you enter the international section, not brain science to link it to the title of the one you've just started lol ;)

Speedway Updates has given it a wrong title too, maybe they'll change it before the meeting starts? For what it's worth it's called the...

'Eurosport Speedway Best Pairs'

This is where info came from http://speedwayupdat...airs-torun-2013

That isn't an official site though,so i guess they can call it what they want and be wrong.I have seen the British Final called the English Final on a speedway site before.Doesn't mean it is the English Final :rofl: