British Speedway Forum
northyorksbear

Redcar V Scunthorpe - Ko Cup 13/6/13

Last week the track was the best its been all season as it varies from week to week, the riders must feel they're riding an away meeting its so complacent.

You'd think being a die hard of over 40 odd years I'd be happy with a home win but like what's already been said I left feeling flat and I also left with half the track stuck to my clothes and a thick layer of dust in my eyes with the amount of slop that was around the start line and dust floating about.

I'm not one of the usuall whingers and whiners from the Redcar camp but that track really really needs preparing properly if only for the sake of the pit wall as summers was so frustrated with it he was going back in the pits after every heat booting the wall down

Edited by mrmiddlesbrough
  • Like 1

Been 4 times this season and the earliest they've started track work has been 630pm, does old havvy actually employ someone to do it properly or just turn up from work or after his tea to have a look at it?? Hence why several meetings have started late??.

You may not be far from the truth and that's no joke. Redcar Racer you need pay Ben Dufill a visit. The shower(heavy though it was)lasted 20mins tops and don't come that old chestnut about the threat of rain,(that's Havelock speak for lets save some money on water)and no excuse for crap racing and covering the punters with dust. If you think it was an alright track, I suggest you ask the riders and cover your ears quickly. For PVM's benefit, the trackman worked hard and long after the meeting (probs an hour)and pulled everything back. Right to the base (which wasn't far), but it's what he does before the meeting starts that makes the difference. I have long held the view (even when Tony Swales did the track) that the only good race surfaces at Redcar, were when mother nature intervened and dumped a load of water on the track the day before. As as happened recently.
  • Like 1

Wish Redcar fans would stop banging on about Glyn Taylor, remember that bloke tried to shut our club down - great track, but if it was down to him we wouldnt be watching speedway right now.

Edited by RedcarRacer

Wish Redcar fans would stop banging on about Glyn Taylor, remember that bloke tried to shut our club down - great track, but if it was down to him we wouldnt be watching speedway right now.

but if you keep fans waiting for the meeting to start in the cold and serve up a Sh!te track it will close itself, look at various other threads where the team is doing well but the package as a customer is rubbish.

Do it properly and no doubt it will flourish.

Rubbish - Glyn Taylor did not TRY to shut down Redcar Speedway. OK he made some mistakes at Redcar - but crucially Glyn is still one of the BEST Trackmen around Speedway today.

hey drac, what about that then fella..

He asked Havvy jr to take a paycut. Sacrilege trying to make it pay.

• Like 1

Rubbish - Glyn Taylor did not TRY to shut down Redcar Speedway. OK he made some mistakes at Redcar - but crucially Glyn is still one of the BEST Trackmen around Speedway today.

Cruciallyhe is no longer in charge. He almost killed our club FACT!

Cruciallyhe is no longer in charge. He almost killed our club FACT!

how did he almost kill your club then?? What are the facts??

From what I know and thats not a lot according to some people, Glyn Taylor ran into trouble because he tried to make redcar a viable propersition, lets not forget he was running the show on his own. He had invested a large amount of his own personal money into the project including I believe re-mortgaging his home. Now Glyn Taylor was by no means a business man but he loves speedway, he put his heart and sole into Redcar speedway, he was always approachable, often to honest, never openly slammed anyone that I can remember, never slated his own fans in public, never came across as the big I am and definately put on a better show than we have now.

When Glyn ran into severe financial problems he took the decision to try and cut his costs. He asked all riders to take a pay cut, one rider in particular who was the biggest earner at the time steadfastly refused to take a pay cut. So lets not be so hasty in putting all the blame for Redcars problems at the time at the feet of one person.

• Like 2

From what I know and thats not a lot according to some people, Glyn Taylor ran into trouble because he tried to make redcar a viable propersition, lets not forget he was running the show on his own. He had invested a large amount of his own personal money into the project including I believe re-mortgaging his home. Now Glyn Taylor was by no means a business man but he loves speedway, he put his heart and sole into Redcar speedway, he was always approachable, often to honest, never openly slammed anyone that I can remember, never slated his own fans in public, never came across as the big I am and definately put on a better show than we have now.

When Glyn ran into severe financial problems he took the decision to try and cut his costs. He asked all riders to take a pay cut, one rider in particular who was the biggest earner at the time steadfastly refused to take a pay cut. So lets not be so hasty in putting all the blame for Redcars problems at the time at the feet of one person.

VERY well said vivabossman - that is it in a nutshell.

Whatever Glyn did or didn't do - he provided a GREAT Track for Riders to Race on. That fact alone should NOT be forgotten.

He ALWAYS did his best for Redcar Speedway. Sometimes things don't work out and, sadly, it didn't for Glyn - he made some mistakes - BUT - don't we all?

Since Glyn Taylor left, Redcar - have cut their cloth accordingly and the promotion, whilst penny pinching have not struggled, they have also not threatened to sell the club. Taylor bought Redcar because he thought he could make money, thought it was easy and quickly found out it wasnt and because of this he said he would close the club down. luckily for Redcar investment was found.

Since Glyn Taylor left, Redcar - have cut their cloth accordingly and the promotion, whilst penny pinching have not struggled, they have also not threatened to sell the club. Taylor bought Redcar because he thought he could make money, thought it was easy and quickly found out it wasnt and because of this he said he would close the club down. luckily for Redcar investment was found.

I'm not arguing with you on that. What I AM saying is that Glyn did NOT try to kill off Redcar Speedway as you implied in your Post - that is all.

• Like 1