British Speedway Forum
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Newcastle (pl Ko Cup Qf 1st Leg) 14/6/13 @ 7.30pm

This week the mighty monarchs take on the the Newcastle diamonds in the first leg of the KO cup quarter finals with the return leg on Sunday.

Josh Bates guests again for the injured Mitchell Davey again and Theo moves up to the number 5 position with Claus moving down to number 3.

Newcastle will be lining up with the inform Ritchie Worrall who scored an 18 point max for Kings lynn on Wednesday and of course Mr Tully who is a bit of a master at the Dale after 6 years as a monarch.

Monarchs to win this one by 10.

The line ups for Friday:

Edinburgh 'Scotwaste' Monarchs

1. Craig Cook
  2. Derek Sneddon ©
  3. Claus Vissing
  4. Joe Tabaka
  5. Theo Pijper
  6. Josh Bates (G)
  7. Max Fricke

Newcastle 'Sapphire Engineering' Diamonds

1. Stuart Robson
  2. Andrew Tully
  3. Christian Henry
  4. Ludvig Lindgren
  5. Ritchie Worrall
  6. Steve Worrall
  7. Lewis Kerr

Edited by Mr Blobby

Josh Bates guests again for the injured Mitchell Davey again and Theo moves up to the number 5 position with Claus moving down to number 3.

Do ups and downs work the other way around in East Scotland? ;)

Can only see an easy win for Scotland's No 2 team, despite Two Track returning to Armadale.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

You must be joking! The Monarchs might beat us

Do ups and downs work the other way around in East Scotland?

Can only see an easy win for Scotland's No 2 team, despite Two Track returning to Armadale.

All the best

Rob

So you discount the Diamonds in your stupidly dismissive post, do you?. Monarchs may get the win but it will not be "easy" for them. Personally I am only interested in the aggregate scores which I think the Diamonds will come out on top

Edited by dantodan

According to this week's Speedway Star's averages, which imo provide a more accurate reflection of riders form than GSAs, as they include all points (including bps) from all 2013 Official competitions, Richie Worrall is now the top Diamond with an impressive 9.29.

I was very impressed by him when riding in the British Semi at the Dale, and he appears to be going from strength to strength, culminating in an 18pt EL max yesterday.

Allied to messrs Robson, Tully & Henry being no mugs around Armadale and the sensational Lewis Kerr at reserve, the patched up Monarchs will be doing well to win their home leg.

Over the two legs it will take another herculean performance on a par with that witnessed at Somerset on Tuesday, for Monarchs to emerge as aggregate winners.

Monarchs massive favorites.

Depends which Lud turns up and I'm not confident it's going to be the heat leader version

Richie riding at Poole tonight so not ideal for the match tomorrow. Anything under ten points and I will be happy

You must be joking! The Monarchs might beat us

So you discount the Diamonds in your stupidly dismissive post, do you?. Monarchs may get the win but it will not be "easy" for them. Personally I am only interested in the aggregate scores which I think the Diamonds will come out on top

Do you not see how hypocritical your post is. You in Truth have done exactly what you just accused rob of doing. You call him stupid. It's his opinion. It's a forum for that. How arrogant can you be?

• Like 1

Will be a real test this one for the Diamonds and as is so often the case, it will depend which Diamonds team turns up. The races between R Worrall, S Robson and C Cook should be box office and the Monarchs demonstrated what a good team they are with the away win at Somerset (which I heard was a cracker, did not see it myself). We have a good solid four in Richie, Robbo, Ludvig and Henry and good backup with Tully who hopefully can show all the Monarchs fans what they are missing. Hopefully Kerr can continue his good form and Steve can start to get some points on the board, his lack of point scoring is becoming a concern. Ludvig for me needs to find some form away from home (and in general, seems to be scoring OK in the Elite!!!!) and fast and put the disappointment of a poor showing at home to Ipswich behind him. I think that the Monarchs will progress into the next round but I only expect it to be via the narrowest of margins over the two rounds. Good Luck to both sets of riders and here's to an injury free meeting.

• Like 2

Ludvig ain't scoring ok in the Elite. Seems to have gone off the boil everywhere.

Monarchs not at the races. Track is a bit slick. Not a lot of passing. Although Lindgren has just very deliberately in my opinion taken tabaka out in heat 14. I get hard racing, but that was just plain vicious and ruthless in my opinion. Thank goodness joe got up.

Newcastle 35-42 up after 13 heats and deservedly so.

Monarchs not at the races. Track is a bit slick. Not a lot of passing. Although Lindgren has just very deliberately in my opinion taken tabaka out in heat 14. I get hard racing, but that was just plain vicious and ruthless in my opinion. Thank goodness joe got up.

Newcastle 35-42 up after 13 heats and deservedly so.

the updater on monarchs site says tabaka should have been excluded???
  • Like 1

This week the mighty monarchs take on the the Newcastle diamonds in the first leg of the KO cup quarter finals with the return leg on Sunday.

Newcastle will be lining up with the inform Ritchie Worrall who scored an 18 point max for Kings lynn on Wednesday and of course Mr Tully who is a bit of a master at the Dale after 6 years as a monarch.

Monarchs to win this one by 10.

After last week's and tonight's results the crystal ball needs to be ditched, or it's stuck on "10 point win". ;)

Edited by george.m

A great result from the Diamonds point of view. The Monarchs are a good side and we need to be careful against them on Sunday at home. I hope no one picked up any injury seemed a lot of falls