British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Django

Workington Vs Somerset Was Saturday, Now Sunday 16/6/13 7pm Pl Cup

Well, if ever a match was a tale of two halves this was it!!

Comets started very well building up to a healthy 10pt lead and the promise of more to come when, quite simply, the wheels came off, 7hts and only two heat advantages, and one of the those being awarded, the tale of the second half.

No back up to speak of tonight from the reserve/middle order to bolster sterling efforts from Rich/Rene and, to some extent, an underpowered Rusty!!

Dont know what has happened to Kyle of late he's just riding like a man who's forgotten how to win, too easily beaten and seemingly not capable of riding under pressure, fell away alarmingly when passed tonight, if ever someone needed to relax more and let the bike do the work Kyle is that man fighting his bike much too much, chill son, chill!!

Mills, way too slow, never a threat to anyone, Ashley, too inconsistent, probably being overused due to R/R as he got progressively worse as the meeting wore on?

Dont think the Rebels will be too displeased at only having to make up 6pts, should do that easily enough as I think we will struggle badly down there using R/R again with our misfiring cover? Would like to be proved wrong but the realist in me think's not, would have liked 12/16pts and, as previously stated, were well on track for that but simply lost the plot!!

Somerset look a decent enough side, good scoring from nearly all of them tonight with only the NL reserve not picking up at least a paid win and thats the type of side who generally end up winning the big trophies!!

I hope that Comets are simply saving their energies for a tilt at the title with no other distractions, I'd hate to think that this was as good as it get,s when the pressure is on?? ;)

Agree with you here, came home feeling very deflated, a 6 point win but would have lost a point if it was the league and no where near enough to take down to Somerset tomorrow . These next two weekends are crucial league meetings , we need a fit Tero back asap , too much pressure now on Ashley having to take 7 rides with Chris still finding form after his broken wrist , I feel we are vulnerable at the minute , apart from Richard and Rene last night we just didn't look hungry enough :neutral: .

Stefan Nielsen needs mirrors on his bike , might stop him fencing riders, Ash and Kyle were both lucky to walk away from awful looking crashes :mad: . Oh and the celebrity guest :rofl: Darcy Ward (celebrity , hahaha ) tweeting that Worky riders jump the tapes, obviously missed the heats Doyle were in that were pulled back by the Ref !!!!!

• Like 1

Agree with you here, came home feeling very deflated, a 6 point win but would have lost a point if it was the league and no where near enough to take down to Somerset tomorrow . These next two weekends are crucial league meetings , we need a fit Tero back asap , too much pressure now on Ashley having to take 7 rides with Chris still finding form after his broken wrist , I feel we are vulnerable at the minute , apart from Richard and Rene last night we just didn't look hungry enough :neutral: .

Stefan Nielsen needs mirrors on his bike , might stop him fencing riders, Ash and Kyle were both lucky to walk away from awful looking crashes :mad: . Oh and the celebrity guest :rofl: Darcy Ward (celebrity , hahaha ) tweeting that Worky riders jump the tapes, obviously missed the heats Doyle were in that were pulled back by the Ref !!!!!

From my position Rene wasnt moving at all just made perfect fast starts, anything else would have been pulled up, as Doyley found out!! Just Aussies sticking together, I wouldn't worry about it? :D

Out of interest, where was Tom Perry? Can't see anything on the net about him being injured, although I may of missed it.

Out of interest, where was Tom Perry? Can't see anything on the net about him being injured, although I may of missed it.

think he still having headache's

Was announced on track that he was missing due to illness, though what that illness was wasnt specified?

and ht 1 that was let go when newman jumped by a mile lucky not to touch tapes

Tough meet for the Comets and I believe the 6pt margin will not be enough to take to Somerset tonight but I have been wrong before...............Worky seem to have lost their way in the past few weeks wether that is due to lack of racing i do not know?

Another solid display by Richard, Rene and Rusty but all the others were inconsistent, still it was against one of the faourites for the League this year!

Best of luck to Worky tonight............head down ass up and stay safe!!

I don't agree there Topaz with them losing their way, 1 defeat in the last 9 meetings seems pretty good form. I do think something was missing on Sunday though, we never seemed to really get going, apart from Rich who was exceptional. I really don't know what he has to do to get in the GB squad. He is doing better than Auty, Worrall and Kyle (no offence Kyle) at the moment.

Good luck to the lads tonight.

I don't agree there Topaz with them losing their way, 1 defeat in the last 9 meetings seems pretty good form. I do think something was missing on Sunday though, we never seemed to really get going, apart from Rich who was exceptional. I really don't know what he has to do to get in the GB squad. He is doing better than Auty, Worrall and Kyle (no offence Kyle) at the moment.

Good luck to the lads tonight.

I know i just expect too much maybe!! ;)

• Like 1