British Speedway Forum
bri1966

Who Should Be In Gb World Cup Team?

As you say, about the same but Kennett is a bottler when it comes the big occasion. Just look at his heat 15 record in the EL. Why do you think his EL average swings from 6.5 to 8 every season? It's because he has a season as a teams top 2 ride and has to ride in heat 15, then a season as 3rd heatleader so doesn't have to ride in heat 15.... what has he ever done in the SWC? What he has ever done outside of the UK? Kennett will never amount to anything. I don't believe Barker will either but Worrall stands half a chance, Bridger has had some good meeting in Poland and King has had some decent meetings in Sweden in the past. I would have give Worrall chance just to see what it's all about and see what he has to do to actually complete with the big boys. no good giving Kennett another chance to fail. i wouldn't have bothered with Harris either. We're finishing 3rd at Lynn whoever rides.

Not sure what he has done outside the uk has to with a match that is taking place in the uk you lost me on that one ..you can pick the bones out of Kennett ,Barker and King's speedway but the bottom line is they are all average around the same and I expect would score about the same not very many . As I said like most I would have gone with Worrall but there is hardly anyone who's a lot better than Kennett who should be in his place. A much of a muchness imo .

All i'll say is roll on 2014 and hopefully a team manager with some nads.

Woffinden

Cook

Worrall

Lambert

• Like 2

Woffinden,Cook,Worrall,Auty for me Lambert the best young un since Lee i hope he can gatecrash the scene soon fingers crossed.

Not sure what he has done outside the uk has to with a match that is taking place in the uk you lost me on that one ..you can pick the bones out of Kennett ,Barker and King's speedway but the bottom line is they are all average around the same and I expect would score about the same not very many . As I said like most I would have gone with Worrall but there is hardly anyone who's a lot better than Kennett who should be in his place. A much of a muchness imo .

I would agree with all of that except I think that Kennet rather than Worrall is the right choice out of an average bunch. If you put Worrall, Barker or anyone else in place of Kennet its not going to make the difference between second and third, unless someone else has some terrible luck on the night so almost certainly we will go into the race-off. If Kennett, the most logical choice performs reasonably well, then ok he keeps his place for the race-off, but if he flops then replace him with Bridger, Barker or whoever. I suppose you could also say replace Harris or Cook for the race-off if they are out of their depth. Kennett is about 26 now so he deserves this chance and if he flops then that's the end of the road for him, I know SCB says he will flop anyway but I am giving him the benefit of the doubt.

orion is right in that Kennett, Barker and King are much of a muchness but if the side is being chosen on form there's only one choice and thats Barker. He's hardly inexperienced either. Kennett is a strange and poor choice in that regard for me.

Its a year too soon for Worrall IMO.

Agree about Kennett being a poor choice, he may be doing alright for Swindon, but he always seems to go missing at the big events like the British Final and World Cups, while Harris and Nicholls are not worldbeaters, they would step up and have a go, Eddie generally seems anonymous, Personally I'd of gone for King, Barker while running into form now, has only turned the corner 4 weeks ago.

Agree with Cookie, and Woofy/Bomber were automatic picks.

Doint it with Kildemand V Eastbourne is one thing, with Harris against Australia is quite another.

Edited by david2905

on current form he is so far behind Barker! Ben giving 110% round the boards at Lynn or Kennett hmm tricky one! Middlo has bottled it simple

And he doesn't have to have gates 3 or 4 to do the big one on bend one. He does it on any bend . I think Middlo hasn't been watching who is beating who !!Barker has hit a rich vein of form and for comparison purposes Kennett is a good Premier League rider, Barker is a top Premier League rider .

I think some people are missing the point. GB have no chance of winning, so why not blood some up and coming improving riders?

Cook and Worrall would be top of my list, Harris has the experience both as a rider and an advisor, Woffinden will keep the score respectable.

Kennett (and he's not alone) is a proven flop, and very unlikely to improve to WC level. I would have picked Barker ahead of Kennett, at least you would get 100% effort from him.

I think some people are missing the point. GB have no chance of winning, so why not blood some up and coming improving riders?

Cook and Worrall would be top of my list, Harris has the experience both as a rider and an advisor, Woffinden will keep the score respectable.

Kennett (and he's not alone) is a proven flop, and very unlikely to improve to WC level. I would have picked Barker ahead of Kennett, at least you would get 100% effort from him.

Having seen both Worrall and Barker recently, it's a no brainer - Worrall out rode Barker all night.

And surely you'll get more than 100% effort from Barker, he tells you in every interview "he gives 110% and his job is to provide entertainment".....you'll also get get someone who appears out of control most of the time and a danger to himself and other riders.

I like Super Ted, but the fact is his best meetings are on the smaller tracks (Wolverhampton, Eastbourne, Lakeside ) so probably not the best choice for the Norfolk Arena, but I hope he proves me wrong and has a good meeting.

:t:

and I also don't understand how Richie Lawson wasn't at least in the squad. He's having a pretty decent run at the moment

Middloo seems too intent on looking and who has been good rather than having an real eye for the future. Cookie was a start but nowhere near enough....

Having seen both Worrall and Barker recently, it's a no brainer - Worrall out rode Barker all night.

And surely you'll get more than 100% effort from Barker, he tells you in every interview "he gives 110% and his job is to provide entertainment".....you'll also get get someone who appears out of control most of the time and a danger to himself and other riders.

I like Super Ted, but the fact is his best meetings are on the smaller tracks (Wolverhampton, Eastbourne, Lakeside ) so probably not the best choice for the Norfolk Arena, but I hope he proves me wrong and has a good meeting.

how long have you been talking rubbish for? I like Worrall and think he is better option then Kennett but to say he outriders Barker you need you eyes tested! At Ipswich he beat Ben first time up. Next time Ben passed him and then in the last heat Tungate stopped Ben by nearly fencing him! At Newcastle Ben won first time up before Richie beat him and the last time they met Ben passed him on his home track. 3-3 in meetings but Ben passed him twice so to say Richie outriders him is laughable mate. As I say I like Worrall and either him or Ben should be in over Kennett

Because we have to be at least competitive in this, its all very well throwing kids in but we still need experience in the side. As i said before id have picked Worrall ahead of Kennett the side would have had a bit of youth and experience.

• Like 1

Kennett proving his pick tonight with a fantastic performance.......

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by Mr Blobby

All i'll say is roll on 2014 and hopefully a team manager with some nads.

Woffinden

Cook

Worrall

Lambert

Who would you prefere rather than Neil then, who could do a better job? Please say it quietly, so i don't fall off my chair with laughter.. :rofl: