British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn V Stoke Koc 19/06/13

Its already been said that he will ride in away matches which don't clash with his continental commitments. Therefore he will ride in some.

Edited by Bagpuss

Not the right time to reply to this having travelled all day yesterday to Overstrand to help someone set up a new caravan then hung around for the racing to start knowing full well that Stoke would get stuffed but just to watch lambert race then journey home, solo to start working in the morning; but that is going to be the last meeting I think I will attend; nearly said racing there and that is the main trouble for me....no racing. I have seen too many were nothing happens. You will say that to watch Lambert racing was great......he didn't race, he rode as there was nobody anywhere near him to get excited about. Far too good for this league and for me no benefit as he was just riding solo. Speedway has got to get it's act together to get riders of the same standard riding against each other, then may be people will return....well may be this person will return. Saving my money up now for start of the Union season. Bigger point for me is why don't chip shops in Norfolk sell breadcrumb fish???? Tried Cromer and Sherringham and they looked at me as though I had two heads!! Join the modern world

That all sounds very bitter the above post.

If Lambert was allowed to ride Premier League he would but being 15 National League is the only option.

Regarding only being a 3 average. What else should he be?? Without a league average anywhere else a 3 is the only option available.

Regarding only riding at home. He has no need to ride tracks away in the National League as that experience will come next year when he steps up to the PL in April. Everyone is just guessing he's only doing home meetings because he missed the Stoke meeting & it sounds like a bloody good job he did to by the sounds of it.

Not bitter at all. As I said I wish him well in his choice of career but to 'fit in' when he can.......I still say a 'ringer' at 7 for next year for a PL and NL team on an assessed 3, at least do 2 H & 2 A to get a real time average,after all there are a fair few in the NL juggling school, etc. with riding in the NL and MDL this season and in other seasons.

keep up the progress, we just might have someone in the UK who is a genuine world beater and will give Woofy a good run for his money sooner rather than later!

Not bitter at all. As I said I wish him well in his choice of career but to 'fit in' when he can.......I still say a 'ringer' at 7 for next year for a PL and NL team on an assessed 3, at least do 2 H & 2 A to get a real time average,after all there are a fair few in the NL juggling school, etc. with riding in the NL and MDL this season and in other seasons.

keep up the progress, we just might have someone in the UK who is a genuine world beater and will give Woofy a good run for his money sooner rather than later!

• Like 1

Bernie, all anyone can say at this stage is, the makings of a good rider are there for all to see. For a lad of 15, he is a very special talent. They dont come along that often, but when they do I fnd it very enjoyable to see those formative years. Who knows who will get the pleasure of the lad next season. He is young, he is talented, and he is BRITISH. Surely that has got to mean something to any true British Speedway fan.

Edited by semion

When people were talking about Steve Boxalls high average 11.38 someone said he would a new one this year after just 4 league meetings, but do not have to be 2H and 2A. Would this be different because Steve already has an average? Can anyone explain this rule please?

SR 17.5 NL Established MAs are issued when a Rider completes 4 NL Meetings (irrespective of

whether home or away) to be effective 7 days after the last qualifying Meeting.

When people were talking about Steve Boxalls high average 11.38 someone said he would a new one this year after just 4 league meetings, but do not have to be 2H and 2A. Would this be different because Steve already has an average? Can anyone explain this rule please?

A rider on an assessed average ie 3.00 will get a new average 7 days after he has completed the required number of total league matches ie 4.(regardless of whether they are home or away).

A rider who already has an average will be subject to change again on a monthly basis (think it is around the 20th?? as the pl/el) after the total number of 4 league matches has been reached.

The ruling was altered in the winter to reduce the number of matches from 6 to 4 and that it would be total matches only not 2H 2A.

Can't see him in the NL next year as his article in the SS said he would continue with his german commitments and I imagine he will be snapped up by a premier league club. The interesting part will be when he hits 16 in April I think to see who he eventually commits to.

Most of the away meetings are weekends which I imagine will clash with his german commitments, apart from Kent and Monmore, which KL have already been to and IOW which I believe Lambert is penciled in to go to.

According to the SS This country turned it's back on the lad and he had to go to the continent to hone his skills and the powers that be don't seem to be learning from their mistakes as there is another such rider Reece Downes (i'm not sure how old he is) I have seen round Sheffield and Scunny who is seemingly now in the same predicament It's possible that the circumtances of his family aren't the same as Lamberts and his family can't manage to get to the continent for what ever reason. Why do the UK feel it is ok to keep holding these lads back?. Lets face it if Lambert does become WC the UK wont be able to claim him and sleep at night surely as he has come through the German system not the British all they have done is hold him back. The same as Woofy came through the Australian. We have Chris Harris who came through the British system doesn't that speaks volumes?.

Edited by TMW

An interesting post on FB by Kyle Hughes re last night backs up a lot of the comments -

Riding good again tonight and bang 2nd blowup this week, looks like im on the sidelines again ****** off with the robbing ****** in the sport how can us brits move forward like this!

Also may explain his up and down form

An interesting post on FB by Kyle Hughes re last night backs up a lot of the comments -

Riding good again tonight and bang 2nd blowup this week, looks like im on the sidelines again ****** off with the robbing ****** in the sport how can us brits move forward like this!

Also may explain his up and down form

This is not good news about Kyles' engines since this was what did him last year. Thought that he had turned his career around after some good scores.

It is so hard for these youngsters unless they have a rich family or benefactor behind them, if only there was enough tv money to help them . .