British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions V Sheffield Tigers (premier League) - Friday, June 21st (7.30pm)

Helen Sharman, Jessica Jane Clement, Chloe Newsome, Ashley Birks(!), Gordon Banks, Barry Hines, Reginald Dixon, "Dick" from Dick and Dom.

Neil Machin.

Wtf was that all about... I've retained my re-admission ticket because I'm sure the Sheffield promoters will give a £5 minimum reduction to a Sheffield home meeting as a goodwill gesture to apologise to the supporters for that shambolic effort or lack of !! If we were manipulating averages I would expect a number of team changes !! Surely someone will confirm why the team managers put in heat 15 a very slow off the pace Richard hall and not Ricky Wells or again was it average manipulation .. Looking forward to hearing the promoters spin on this latest disaster !!

It was pretty awful but Wells apparently refused to do heat 15.

It was pretty awful but Wells apparently refused to do heat 15.

All he did was moan about the track all night,shocking attitude for one of you senior riders,

so glad I didn't waste my hard earned money on that shambles called tigers more like pussy cats by the sounds of it they did not have the heart to race that makes it more disgusting

• Like 1

Race is a understatement , most of the riders throttled off from the start so was not even in the mix in the 1st bend.. Was a total and utter disgrace.. If its true about Wells surely he can be sacked for breach of contract.. I would currently retain, Stead Haines and koppe...

Wells was publicly blasted in the Speedway Star track review in the winter by the team manager due to his attitude and yet he was back in the side this year. If the stories are true I have no sympathy as the management only have themselves to blame. It is systemic of a once proud club that is slowly falling to bits.

This is my first post in a while! I think team changes do need to happen sooner rather than later now. Personally I think that Jake Knight is going to make way for either Adam Roynon or Emiliano Sanchez.

Ok back to the match.

For the Scorpions some superlatives to talk about-

Thomas back from injury with a paid max- well done we have missed you. :neutral:

Ash, another paid max and untroubled by the Tigers- Give this man the Captain's job!!! :neutral:

Michael, back to what we know he can do. :neutral:

Josh, carrying an injury from Wednesday? Another excellent display from our number one.

Lewis , gave up family commitments to compete and massive contribution. :neutral:

Ryan, at last looked a racer capable of mixing it,never have I heard so much cheering for a superb second place holding back Richard Hall's Tac Ride! :neutral:

David, the enigma? Not sure his heart is in it this year, injuries,crashes into team mates- my jury is still out .

Tigers.

It is clear they have serious team issues

Steady and Wells were made to look pretty average. Hall and Haines who have done thousands of laps around the EWR looked dismal. Both reserves look like a spell in the National League would do them good as presently not up to it. Albin, does he actually get any Sheffield support? The lack of response to finding him a bike to ride when his packed up was a disgrace. Rob even told you all on the mic to get him a bike for God's sake.

A massive shake up required, starting with Team Manager and two or three rider changes.

Maybe the Scorps were just so good on the night? Maybe the Tigers were so very poor on the night? Or just maybe the Scorpions have finally looked like League Champions and worked for each other, where as the Tigers need some strong words and team ethics.

• Like 1

This is my post & opinion of last weeks meeting of which montie(the all-seeing know it all with tunnel vision)said that i talk crap. I am still waiting for an apology(but might have to wait).

I am sure i heard this right, last night, when Rob said he thought it was going to be easy. WHAT! I do not think so as we are the champions & there to be shot at, a scalp or a feather in teams caps. We WERE awesome in the 2nd half of last year, after the changes, & covering for David &, later, guests for Jorgy, but this year we have been found wanting.

The nature of our track leads to fair, exciting racing with numerous opportunities for riders to hone their skills during the winter. Yes, the track racing surface is diferent & not consistent week after week, but it is the same for all teams with the changing weather. We seem to be riding against teams that are on form at the wrong time & it is making us look worse than what we are but we are, & so are others, missing key riders, but others are coping better than us.

We were hoping to keep the momentum going with our 5 from last year, supplemented by new reserves but it has not worked. Losing Irving just before the season started meant we were playing catch up with a quality reserve being able to step in when riders were not performing. Losing Jorgy early on did not help & r/r has not worked as Ash & David could get the points but Toft & a reserve could not. Both Jorgy & David seemed to be trying to find their feet again after their injuries of last year.

Ash has stepped up but the others have not. Josh is racing for that no1 spot all the time. Cannot blame him but it is not helping the team. He is racing for the win & 3 pts for his CMA rather than settling for the 2 pts & protecting your teammate & the team. "Palm Tree" Toft has got no speed. If his engines were no good last year, then were sorted, what is the problem now?

David now gets an injury when he commits himself to the PL & not EL but still has long track commitments, seemed to have been riding to test himself from last years injuries bar his last 2 meetings when he was going for it.

As for the reserves, we knew Bates was not ready, not even scoring big in NL regularly, Douglas his bikes were not good enough for the PL & even though he used to ride the dirt alot during the winter in Aussie, it's a different kettle of fish over here & he is not scoring enough. Lewis was taken on, & i hope not just because of of his performance against us, as i checked his results of away meetings & this could of been why Leicester let him go. He has, certainly, not reproduced that form since.

Why we are struggling at home is a mystery, but the opportunities are there for the riders to practice & wether they were or not, as i left after the injury in the 2nd half, the track could have been graded back and riders gone out to iron out the problems they have. The top 5 CAN do it as they have showed before,but it needs to be shown again, & soon, as fans will drop away, even though it is a fair, entertaining track, we need to be winning.

On to last night & THAT is what we have been missing!

Josh in ht 1 looked like he was going to race Jorgy after 3 laps but then settled for 2nd. Well done but look over your shoulder to look where the opposition is will make it easier.

Jorgy, hold your head up, son, 'cos that was awesome & totaly unexpected. The lay off has done you good & the test on tue, riding in the dirt, obviously, tested the shoulder to the max.

Palm Tree rode like he meant business & his bikes sounded like he had made a tweek(seemed to be reving or spinning more).

Ash gave another solid performance, plus a bit more. 1st max for the Scorps so well done especialy against Tigers no 1.

Davids 1st ride round the boards from the gate was typical of what he can do but did it niggle the injury. 2nd ride i don't know if he couldn't ride or had bike problems but then for his 3rd, Rob said he thought he had withdrawn & then could not turn the bike, hitting Ryan in the process. Take a leaf out of Jorgys book & take 2 weeks off. R/R might cope now with Josh taking a ride & any other 3(Jorgy, Ash + 1 other, going by last night).

Ryan rode in the dirt & changed lines to the inside showing he is now getting to grips with the track.

Lewis's performance is what we have been waiting for since he rode against us for Leicester.

Well done everyone connected to pull off that performance & long may it continue

• Like 1

This is my post & opinion of last weeks meeting of which montie(the all-seeing know it all with tunnel vision)said that i talk crap. I am still waiting for an apology(but might have to wait).

I am sure i heard this right, last night, when Rob said he thought it was going to be easy. WHAT! I do not think so as we are the champions & there to be shot at, a scalp or a feather in teams caps. We WERE awesome in the 2nd half of last year, after the changes, & covering for David &, later, guests for Jorgy, but this year we have been found wanting.

The nature of our track leads to fair, exciting racing with numerous opportunities for riders to hone their skills during the winter. Yes, the track racing surface is diferent & not consistent week after week, but it is the same for all teams with the changing weather. We seem to be riding against teams that are on form at the wrong time & it is making us look worse than what we are but we are, & so are others, missing key riders, but others are coping better than us.

We were hoping to keep the momentum going with our 5 from last year, supplemented by new reserves but it has not worked. Losing Irving just before the season started meant we were playing catch up with a quality reserve being able to step in when riders were not performing. Losing Jorgy early on did not help & r/r has not worked as Ash & David could get the points but Toft & a reserve could not. Both Jorgy & David seemed to be trying to find their feet again after their injuries of last year.

Ash has stepped up but the others have not. Josh is racing for that no1 spot all the time. Cannot blame him but it is not helping the team. He is racing for the win & 3 pts for his CMA rather than settling for the 2 pts & protecting your teammate & the team. "Palm Tree" Toft has got no speed. If his engines were no good last year, then were sorted, what is the problem now?

David now gets an injury when he commits himself to the PL & not EL but still has long track commitments, seemed to have been riding to test himself from last years injuries bar his last 2 meetings when he was going for it.

As for the reserves, we knew Bates was not ready, not even scoring big in NL regularly, Douglas his bikes were not good enough for the PL & even though he used to ride the dirt alot during the winter in Aussie, it's a different kettle of fish over here & he is not scoring enough. Lewis was taken on, & i hope not just because of of his performance against us, as i checked his results of away meetings & this could of been why Leicester let him go. He has, certainly, not reproduced that form since.

Why we are struggling at home is a mystery, but the opportunities are there for the riders to practice & wether they were or not, as i left after the injury in the 2nd half, the track could have been graded back and riders gone out to iron out the problems they have. The top 5 CAN do it as they have showed before,but it needs to be shown again, & soon, as fans will drop away, even though it is a fair, entertaining track, we need to be winning.

On to last night & THAT is what we have been missing!

Josh in ht 1 looked like he was going to race Jorgy after 3 laps but then settled for 2nd. Well done but look over your shoulder to look where the opposition is will make it easier.

Jorgy, hold your head up, son, 'cos that was awesome & totaly unexpected. The lay off has done you good & the test on tue, riding in the dirt, obviously, tested the shoulder to the max.

Palm Tree rode like he meant business & his bikes sounded like he had made a tweek(seemed to be reving or spinning more).

Ash gave another solid performance, plus a bit more. 1st max for the Scorps so well done especialy against Tigers no 1.

Davids 1st ride round the boards from the gate was typical of what he can do but did it niggle the injury. 2nd ride i don't know if he couldn't ride or had bike problems but then for his 3rd, Rob said he thought he had withdrawn & then could not turn the bike, hitting Ryan in the process. Take a leaf out of Jorgys book & take 2 weeks off. R/R might cope now with Josh taking a ride & any other 3(Jorgy, Ash + 1 other, going by last night).

Ryan rode in the dirt & changed lines to the inside showing he is now getting to grips with the track.

Lewis's performance is what we have been waiting for since he rode against us for Leicester.

Well done everyone connected to pull off that performance & long may it continue

You still talk c r a p!!!!;-)

• Like 3

Would you Adam and Eve it :rofl:

Sheffield were shocking, bar Stead tbh

Scunny definitely were up for it and performed well - you can only beat what's put outalongside, or a 1/4 lap behind you :wink:

I expect another decent win vs the other Tigers, who will put up a sterner test -David's injury is a worry - maybe a rest and a spell away from long track is the way ?

TJ was 'bang tidy' and on it

MPT showed some better speed and has to kick on again now

Ryan's performance was very encouraging - showed good track craft to cut back inside Rich Hall

Josh gave a solid display and seems to be gating better than he ever has done - unquestionable talent

Lewis B had a cracking night and scored well and should be encouraged (and so should we)

Ash Birks - form of his life, no wonder Sheff were hopping mad to lose him to us last year - stunning paid max from ex-captain Birks

• Like 1