British Speedway Forum
rustyre bel1

Rebels V Diamonds Fri 28th June

Sorry to see Stevie step down,hope a break does him good and he can come back in the future

• Like 2

Yep shame for Steve as he is clearly a much better rider than we've seen this season. He has though struggled badly lately and I'm not surprised at his decision as his confidence must be low and he can't be earning much at the moment. Easy to forget it's not long since he broke his leg so hopefully the break from PL racing will do him good and he can perhaps come back to the PL before the end of the season.

Chris Schramm looks a good replacement. Injuries/loss of form et al has made him available on a very low average for a rider of his ability so we have to hope he can find some form again at Brough. If he does we'll be significantly stronger.

• Like 2

Sad to hear this regarding Steve. :sad:

I think he is a real talent who has totally lost confidence. Hopefully his spell out of the Team will do him good and that he will return to the 'Diamond's' rejuvenated and with more confidence.

He scored a paid max for KL in the NL at the weekend. Maybe a few weeks seeing the chequered flag in that league will help.

Good luck Steve

NEWS FLASH

Somerset Speedway have asked all supporters to bring their hair dryers to the match on Friday. Electrical points will be provided.
:D

Confirmed on the Rebels site that Lewis Rose will be at No 7 , for the Diamonds and the Rockets match on saturday. Good luck to him.

• Like 1

Must admit,I saw Schramm riding last saturday for Plymouth and he looked like his best days were long gone.However George English has this knack of getting the very best out of his riders most of the time,if he can with Schramm then Newcastle will go on to win the PL,as I believe they did last season.....I take on board Scunthorpe winning the play-offs but Newcastle finished top and so were the best team in the PL.

Edited by screm
  • Like 2

Confirmed on the Rebels site that Lewis Rose will be at No 7 , for the Diamonds and the Rockets match on saturday. Good luck to him.

You going Saturday?

Come on the 'Diamonds'. :t::approve: :approve:

really pleased Steve has decided to step down, cos it were'nt getting any better for him, could'nt even get passed that really bad Ipswich rider the other week, (ht 2),,, and was giving his best to pass Deek in the next meeting and it went a bit scary,,, n that was that,,, good luck either way n hope to see him back soon,,, dunno if his replacement will warrant any 'kevlars' ? ,,,, :-)

Bad news about Stefan and Rebels penalised by another stupid rule (god there are so many) regarding a reserve replacement.

Diamonds have won away at Berwick, Ipswich, and Rye House in the League but Rebels top 4 are much stronger and normally would expect an easy win. However if all of Rebels top 4 don't perform, then the Diamonds reserve Lewis Kerr should score more than Rebels reserves,Tom Perry and the National League guest and make it a close match.

With Schramm now declared since my above post, this match could go to the wire. Schramm scored 5+4 and 5+2 on his two visits to the Oak Tree this season and that was from the number two berth, he could be a match winner for the Diamonds at reserve. Time for Tom to step up to the plate for the Rebels. This will be the first match I have seen since May 17th (rain offs and Hols).

ps my hair dryer post was a joke! :rofl:

Edited by oldtimer