British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BossMan

Rye House V Somerset Saturday 29/06/13

Somerset lost by 6. There were two 5-0s where if they had their reserve they would have got a point, so thats a 4 point loss. So there reserves needed to beat 3 opponents between them. Impossible?

Anyway, it irrelevant, they didnt have them yet still got a point with only 4 riders.

edit > But then somerset probably would have had TRs so maybe not.

Edited by SCB

The point was simple the rider missing in those races were either Perry or Rose

and?? They scored quite well last night??

You would have got beat and got no points had they not withdrawn...end of.

Still think this has to be a whoosh :)

No not a woosh or Len in disguise, All I asked for was a bit of balance it sounds unbelievable to get a point with four riders but it does matter which four riders you have (Doyle, Morris, Graz and Kurtz) and the r/r was mostly covered anyway as I also said well done to Somerset. we did something similar last year at granted at home with four riders (and won) it seems such a situation can galvinise a team as opposed to the "heads drop" syndrome. One other observation Shadders how long did the 14 heats take? I suspect not too long, if so I does prove they can crack on with the meeting at Rye if they want to (and all the fish has been sold) because it is a great bugbear for us that the meetings drags on, the suspense is lost and it becomes almost a sadistic attrition to complete the meeting.

Remarkable performance from the remaining Rebel riders. We threw a point away, but to be honest I'm passed caring. 10 minutes short of 4 hours to run 15 heats. Do me a favour!!

That's harsh.

Yes, the delay was both very frustrating and ridiculously long but I don't think anyone in speedway can be blamed for that.

This sort of thing happens at every track and is hardly uncommon. Although the length of the delay was exceptional, so were the circumstances.

how many heats did they only have one rider in?? You can't make excuses for not getting full points against a 4 man team... No matter how poor your team is.

My calculations - and I stand to be corrected.

Somerset only had one rider in eight heats.

In these they produced five wins, one second. one third, and had one fall. One race was a 5-0 against them following a fall so there is a potential somewhere as to 'points they might have scored" which could have caused all the difference.

And one Rye House heat win was when they scored a 5-0 after a Somerset rider failed to finish.

But again - that's if my calculations are correct!!!!

Edited by Guest

That's harsh.

Yes, the delay was both very frustrating and ridiculously long but I don't think anyone in speedway can be blamed for that.

This sort of thing happens at every track and is hardly uncommon. Although the length of the delay was exceptional, so were the circumstances.

If you read the post again there is no blame attached to anyone, just a general moan about the length of the meeting.

This has happened before and lessons haven't been learned. That's all I'm saying. It's up to others to question why.

• Like 1

If Somerset had a nominated number 8 they and the paying public would have not seen so many three rider races and that away point would have been achieved before heat 15. This not having a number 8 rule has to be changed, there were riders their tonight who .could have taken that .mantle. I wish Lewis Rose well, just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Luckily it seems Tom Perry will be rather sore this morning, probably his pride hurting more than anything else.

The Rye House match reoport is now on the club's site at

http://www.ryehouserockets.co/news.php?extend.619.1

Have they hired Alistair Campbell to write the match reports? So much spin I could've put my washing on it to dry

No mention of Morris deliberately missing the gate in heat 10 to give Doyle a tactical ride in the next one? I stop short of saying he laid it down on purpose, because he didn't need to. Clever management, or cheating. Make your own mind up

• Like 1

You know I thought the same, but no one else around me agreed! Well said Mr Shadders

I agree its clever management and Alistair wrote the match report. He also wrote the report for Newcastle when they put up a miserable performance at the OTA on Friday.

Well what a long night that was. First and foremost , speedy and quick recovery is wished to Tom and Lewis in a horrific crash that happened right in front of me.I have read all the posts on here this morning with great interest and one thing I was not happy about was in the aftermath of the crash was when both boys were being attended to by paramedics. I think Lewis was receiving oxygen and a whole crowd of children and some adults were gawping at the events no more than 10 yards from the incident and were not moved on until the ambulance arrived.At Rye children are often playing around on the ground that used to be the greyhound track, on at least four or five occasions last night Rye supporters shouted at these children to behave and to go back to their parents ( where ever they were ), as they were ruining the enjoyment of the rest of us. I have nothing against children being at a meeting in our family sport, but I think it would be a good move to ban the public from this area.

As for the meeting itself, how can ANYBODY not be impressed by the attitude of the Somerset team. In every race they were in they were busting a gut to get first place, I even go further to say that if Josh hadn`t come off in heat 6, it may have been closer, I do not know if he was hurt, but only two points from him after the crash. As usual totally impressed by Jason Doyle again, first one on the scene to see to the two stricken riders, and stayed with them till the ambulance came. Then in heat 13 where we could have done with a heat advantage and didn`t get it, he made a point of going over to the Rebel Army who had stayed till the bitter end, to say something, I don`t know what it was , but applause broke out as he returned to the pits.Todd Kurtz then beat Nelson ( who came past the Rebels supporters on one wheel before the race started ) meaning a 5-1 required in heat 15. Doyle and Morris won by ( as Statto would say "by a country mile").

Despite all the excuses the ambulance thing was an absolute farce and does our sport no favours at all, it was my 83 year old fathers` only meeting this year, but he stayed to the end.

I `m not quite sure what will happen now with the Rebels a tough match coming up on Friday against Workington, carry on with the spirit of the last two nights work and we will be ok.

PS Dread to think what time the Somerset supporters got home.

Edited by Cliffeboy

Great effort by Somerset, although when you have strong heat leaders you always have a chance of a point.

Gutted for Lewis Rose, he was really starting to look the part for the Young Stars.

Have they hired Alistair Campbell to write the match reports? So much spin I could've put my washing on it to dry

No mention of Morris deliberately missing the gate in heat 10 to give Doyle a tactical ride in the next one? I stop short of saying he laid it down on purpose, because he didn't need to. Clever management, or cheating. Make your own mind up

He "laid it down " right in front of me Shadders, I think he had too much speed and looked like he was heading for Doolan, we really didn`t want another crash.It almost happened on the first lap.

He "laid it down " right in front of me Shadders, I think he had too much speed and looked like he was heading for Doolan, we really didn`t want another crash.It almost happened on the first lap.

Like I said, there was no need to. A home 5-1 was enough