British Speedway Forum
Northern Exile

Swc, Event Two, King's Lynn 15/7

Also the rumours lastnight was the USA, Danes & Swedes complained that Team GB had 2 jokers & not just the one. :lol::)

If that was also the case with the Russian federation would imagine that messrs Sayfutindov and the Laguta riders wouldn't be drumming up excuses or, indeed, medical certificates, not to be there. Incidentally, not suggesting that Emil's current injury is a hoax because it clearly isn't but in his case it was quite convenient.

So what EXCUSE did the Laguta brothers 'drum up' NOT to be in the Russian team?

You're not suggesting that Emil's current injury is a hoax but are implying he drummed up a medical certificate for his broken foot.

Edited by pandorum

U21 event that included the likes of Maciej Janowki, Patryk Dudek, Mikkel Bech Jensen, Shamek Pawlicki.

and surely the track being in a horrendous state only increases the achievement?

Back to the meeting, I feel Kings Lynn should not be allowed to host events, It was like a home meeting for Denmark

Not really it was gate and tootle round and survive 4 laps. Doesnt really prove he rides Brandon well which was your initial point.

Think Phil has already stated that Emil has a real injury,just it isn't bad enough to keep him out of a meeting he really wants to ride in.Maybe like the injuries that kept most of the Polish guys out of the trip to Argentina.....supposedly

Shame tho because that was a belting meeting in 2009 at the EoS.

It was, but so were the rounds at Lynn in 2010 and last year. Unfortunately last night and 2011 weren't.

That's speedway I guess.

• Like 1

It took us nearly hour & half to get out the field. I noticed once the stadium car park had been emptied the stewards naffed off & left the field to it. At one point I counted 6 lines trying to get out a single gate. Then after they came back & the traffic got out much easier.

As to the meeting. It was rather boring from the off & there was no atmosphere at all. Have seen more life in a morgue.

Also was the announcer having an affair with Tai? Coz the way he was going we only had one rider lastnight.

Thats terrible,I thought we were bad in taking aboy 40 mins to get out the field.

Other than the car parking I thoroughly enjoyed my 1st trip to Kings Lynn.

Not really it was gate and tootle round and survive 4 laps. Doesnt really prove he rides Brandon well which was your initial point.

So he scored a 15 point max at Brandon yet he doesn't ride the track very well.

Stop talking nonsense and let's get back to the topic.

It was, but so were the rounds at Lynn in 2010 and last year. Unfortunately last night and 2011 weren't.

That's speedway I guess.

It wasn't a dig at KL, I think it's a brilliant track. But switihing it up wouldnt be such a bad thing.

• Like 1

Yes.A Russian pedant.Long live Lenin and Molotov

Hilarious.

I would of thought riding for your Country would be something to be proud of, expenses IMHO should be the only cost to any nation in any sport to the sportsmen and women who are honored enough to wear their country's colours.

Rubbish. You get top the top of the pile in your own country, represent the country, but then receive no money for doing so in a professional sport. The promotion keeps all the gate money after you've worked so hard to get to the national team. Laughable !.

Edited by marky

So he scored a 15 point max at Brandon yet he doesn't ride the track very well.

Stop talking nonsense and let's get back to the topic.

Are you thick. Ive already explained it was a farce meeting. What was his first score at Brandon for Peterborough??

So what EXCUSE did the Laguta brothers 'drum up' NOT to be in the Russian team?

You're not suggesting that Emil's current injury is a hoax but are implying he drummed up a medical certificate for his broken foot.

NOT I am not. I said quite clearly that his injury is genuine. But he had previously intimated that he, like the Laguta brothers, would not ride as a protest against the Russian federation. As things turned out he did not need to secure a dubious medical certificate which is what, I am led to believe, has happened with Grigorii and Artem who both rode in Sweden last Tuesday.

Rubbish. You get top the top of the pile in your own country, represent the country, but then receive no money for doing so in a professional sport. The promotion keeps all the gate money after you've worked so hard to get to the national team. Laughable !.

YOU are missing out the bit where BSI/IMG pay the FIM a considerable sum of money for the commercial rights and to provide the prize money.

For once Marky i agree with you. You get to the top of your choosen sport i would expect to be paid some sort of fee and not just expences. Yes i also agree, it should be a privelige to represent your country in any sport, but you should also be paid a fee accordingly. Some might say Scott let us down, but its only right you get paid a fee.

Edited by Starman2006

Are you thick. Ive already explained it was a farce meeting. What was his first score at Brandon for Peterborough??

It was 7.

To all those on here simply focussing upon payment, that wasn't the primary reason for Scott removing himself from possible selection - if it was then he wouldn't have ridden in any of the previous World Cups. As mentioned by me in an earlier post detailed reasons were reported some time ago and they were principally about the lack of support given by the BSPA to British riders - nothing to do with pound notes in his own wallet.