British Speedway Forum
Northern Exile

Swc, Event Two, King's Lynn 15/7

Elite league averages mean bugger all If the rider is riding in Poland and Sweden.

In Cook and Barkers case, It is relevant.

Are you a member of the Liberal Democrats by any chance?

It was a nice surprise while queuing for the World Cup to be given a large size ice cold Monster drink and 3 or 4 minutes later the Gestapo at the turnstiles took it away again, what a waste of time and money as most of the cans left there were half full. I thought they were very rude and intimidating.

It was a nice surprise while queuing for the World Cup to be given a large size ice cold Monster drink and 3 or 4 minutes later the Gestapo at the turnstiles took it away again, what a waste of time and money as most of the cans left there were half full. I thought they were very rude and intimidating.

But you could buy Monster from the Pit-Stop Cafe for just £2.50 a can when you got inside!

Seriously, it's not surprising is it? If people took free cans in with them, then they'd take a massive hit on drink sales in the bar/cafe. I don't blame them, it happens at Cardiff too.

Are you a member of the Liberal Democrats by any chance?

S/he is right. Barker and Cook are averaging 0 in Sweden and Poland. Only way to compare is using EL and PL averages. In 2013 Cook is averaging more in both leagues. Can't be much in it rolling either.

S/he is right. Barker and Cook are averaging 0 in Sweden and Poland. Only way to compare is using EL and PL averages. In 2013 Cook is averaging more in both leagues. Can't be much in it rolling either.

seeing as King has a higher average than Barker, Bridger or Cook and goes well at big tracks, can anyone explain why he isn't in the team.

• Like 5

But you could buy Monster from the Pit-Stop Cafe for just £2.50 a can when you got inside!

Seriously, it's not surprising is it? If people took free cans in with them, then they'd take a massive hit on drink sales in the bar/cafe. I don't blame them, it happens at Cardiff too.

I always take a drink into Cardiff. Its a good game to play, if they can find it they can have it. :lol: Next year they might need to wear gloves. :blink:

• Like 3

seeing as King has a higher average than Barker, Bridger or Cook and goes well at big tracks, can anyone explain why he isn't in the team.

Gets found out against class opposition like Kennett. It's where Barker excels, he can raise his game more than any other EL Brit IMO. Barker and Bridger won't be shoved around unlike Kennett, King, Cook and Worrall.

Gets found out against class opposition like Kennett. It's where Barker excels, he can raise his game more than any other EL Brit IMO. Barker and Bridger won't be shoved around unlike Kennett, King, Cook and Worrall.

A bit harsh SCB i hope you are right ,i like Barker he gives everything and won't give an inch but Cook should be a starter.

A bit harsh SCB i hope you are right ,i like Barker he gives everything and won't give an inch but Cook should be a starter.

Cook should not be a starter he has had his chance, King, Barker and Bridger are all better alternatives.

Agree about Barker but personally would have used King.

• Like 1

I always take a drink into Cardiff. Its a good game to play, if they can find it they can have it. :lol: Next year they might need to wear gloves. :blink:

Hope you don't drink straight from the bottle!!!! :drink:

So Cook who has been riding 4 and a half years gets binned after 1 match and "has had his chance".

Barker has been riding 10-11 years and lags behind Cook in both EL and PL averages this year but he should be a regular?

King is coming up to 12 years in the sport without hitting any great heights and he should be a regular?

Bridger is in his 9th year and what has he achieved? He also lags well behind Cook in the EL averages but he should be a regular?

Jeez - give me strength.

• Like 3

So Cook who has been riding 4 and a half years gets binned after 1 match and "has had his chance".

Barker has been riding 10-11 years and lags behind Cook in both EL and PL averages this year but he should be a regular?

King is coming up to 12 years in the sport without hitting any great heights and he should be a regular?

Bridger is in his 9th year and what has he achieved? He also lags well behind Cook in the EL averages but he should be a regular?

Jeez - give me strength.

Harsh on Cook, and I feel Team GB management have made huge mistakes, but right now lets all get behind Barker and Bridger and support them.

Harsh on Cook, and I feel Team GB management have made huge mistakes, but right now lets all get behind Barker and Bridger and support them.

I don't know where your getting the HUGE mistakes from. I mean, its not as though they have a great depth of riders to choose from who are all international class. But like you say, Bridger and Barker deserve a run out, lets hope they put their best foot forwards..