British Speedway Forum
pandorum

Event 1: Czestochowa, Poland #Sunday # July 2013

Apologies for my ignorance. I was sure I had read somewhere that the Final was going back to the 5 team format again that it used to have a few years ago.

No worries, however you are right, the final will be predictable line up...

Phil

What I'm saying, is that recorded highlights - as proved today - allows a recorded meeting to be over within 2 hours (just burned today's onto DVD and it was 1 hour 54), whereas tomorrow will pan out about 3 to 3-and-half hours. Speedway meetings need to be more snappy.. we have got homes to go to, you know!

Think Eurpsport got it just right today... a glimpse at the pre-meeting parade, then straight on with the racing. Usually, when it's live, the build up lasts anything upto half an hour, and that's too much.

I would think thay 95% of people would want to see a live match. What's the point of seeing recorded meetings especially if you already know the result. What sort of attraction of any sport would there be if if they were all recorded
  • Like 1

Jeezus! You just watched the whole of a speedway meeting from Poland as live......with some fine racing and certainly not as bad as some were predicting, in fact some good racing........and you choose to moan about the quality of the commentary (not the words, but the SOUND quality!!). Just what do some of you posters expect?? You won't be happy until some technology is able to present the event in your front room, together with a free beer and a taxi to take you to bed afterwards!

It was supposed to be a joke, sorry if you didn't find it funny. Commentary didn't bother me, I quite like them. Nigel's sound was O.K. but Kelvin sounded a bit tinny.

I would think thay 95% of people would want to see a live match. What's the point of seeing recorded meetings especially if you already know the result. What sort of attraction of any sport would there be if if they were all recorded

Titanic,the film.Wonder why millions went to see that knowing how it would finish?

Maybe there is some attraction in seeing just how a team....Russia,GB or whoever sank

• Like 2

I watched today's meeting, which was recorded and a couple of hours out of date from being live, and I enjoyed it. I didn't know the result, to be honest, but it wouldn't put me off if I had. I would still have watched it. Don't mind watching speedway that's been recorded, whether from hours ago or years ago. Can't understand your point, to be honest. You are saying... If you don't see a meeting live, and get to find the result, you wouldn't watch it later on if there was chance... it would be pointless? It's like saying, Speedway Star should not carry match details from the week before, as they'd have already taken place and the people that were interested would have seen them live.

Edited by moxey63
  • Like 2

On a busy Summers Day like today I was out on my bike, I never planned to watch live, but came back and sat down on the sofa with my recovery drinks with the recording and watched as if it was live.

Phil

What I'm saying, is that recorded highlights - as proved today - allows a recorded meeting to be over within 2 hours (just burned today's onto DVD and it was 1 hour 54), whereas tomorrow will pan out about 3 to 3-and-half hours. Speedway meetings need to be more snappy.. we have got homes to go to, you know!

Think Eurpsport got it just right today... a glimpse at the pre-meeting parade, then straight on with the racing. Usually, when it's live, the build up lasts anything upto half an hour, and that's too much.

WE are doing GPs in three hours max including parade, draws, etc. SWC has only 20 races so should be considerably less. Have to accept that TV companies need ad breaks... that's the world we live in. We go straight from the parade to the first race at GPs. Heat 1 usually off at 07.12pm. Last race usually around 9.35pm unless there are major hold-ups.

• Like 1

That had to be one of the worst World Cup meetings I've seen in a while.

• Like 1

What are you wittering on about now. I was laughing at the predicament of Pearson and Tatum. :blink:

Might ask you the same question.

It was all so much better on Sky.No riders dropped out and rarely were they injured

...and the Czechs were never seeded

What are the viewing figures for Match of the Day I wonder ???

Watt is garbage.

Picked ahead of Sullivan in last 2 world cups and now ahead of Dakota North.

Davey Watt that elite league heat leader or Dakota North just about good enough to be an elite reserve and a premier league second string. what a prick you are

• Like 1

Davey Watt that elite league heat leader or Dakota North just about good enough to be an elite reserve and a premier league second string. what a prick you are

I don't know if you noticed but the Elite League isn't exactly a baramoter for success.

Look at Kings Lynn's reserve Lebedev who can't buy a point in the UK yet look at how he rode tonight.

UK tracks are small.

What are the viewing figures for Match of the Day I wonder ???

Probably about 20% would watch MOTD if it had been shown earlier live on BBC or ITV live.