British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Ipswich (lc - Sf) 5/6/13 @ 7.30pm

League cup semi final this time at the dale against the high flying witches. Monarchs will need to be on top form this week if they want any chance of taking a decent lead down there for the second leg. James sargeant will guest again for mitchell while for the witches heeps will move up to the main body of the team with Hawkins dropping down to reserve.

Unfortunately going to be missing the next 3 meetings as going on holiday to get some sun for 2 weeks then having to work the following so i hope you all don't miss me to much. :P

Teams for Friday:

Edinburgh Monarchs

1. Craig Cook
  2. Derek Sneddon
  3. Theo Pijper
  4. Joe Tabaka
  5. Claus Vissing
  6. James Sarjeant
  7. Max Fricke

Ipswich Witches

1. Ben Barker
  2. Cameron Heeps
  3. Rohan Tungate
  4. Morton Risager
  5. Leigh Lanham
  6. Adam Elllis
  7. Ritchie Hawkins

Edited by Mr Blobby

What? No ten point win prediction Mr B?

Missing you already! ;)

Im hoping the Witches can stay within 8 to set up a humdinger of a second leg.

I think both these sides will have a major say in the shake up for the big prize at the end of the season so it should be cracking tie.

Up the Witches!!

Very very tough encounter... If anything, our home form is more suspect than our away form but we can't allow the "Newcastle" cup match scenario again...

As always, I think most will decide on the reserves and with Ellis showing good form last week (and sneakily seeing the track... grrr) then Ipswich are well suited to taking the Monarchs to a last heat decider tonight:( I think we'll need to take a double figure lead down to Foxhall to stand a chance, but can't see us doing it to be honest...

47-43 I'm going for (though I'd love it to be well into the 50's for the homesters)...

I'll stick to my usual begger, begger, oops and then if it is any different, the celebration is even better!

• Like 1

Another week and another excellent opposition team at The Dale.

Cookie will have trouble with Barker and the rest of the Witches are no mugs.

Weather looking good.

Let's hope for a big crowd and some cracking racing.

With Cam out of reserve I think we might struggle here, all I can hope for is to keep it close to give us a good shout in the return leg.

Also to the OP, you've got the wrong month in the title fella!

I'm surprised this thread has lasted as long as it has considering it has "Ipswich" in the title, doesn't even need to be started by a Ipswich fan to get locked it seems.

Edited by Ipswich Jules

We have definitely lost our trump card with cam at reserve, meetings will be a bit harder from now on. Need to keep this as close as we can.

Back to actual speedway news, and surprise surprise Lanham is having a stinker. Why do we persist with him at no.5, it clearly isn't working.

Good resulf for Ipswich to keep it to six points, gives us a chance of making the final. Another good display by Adam at Edinburgh beating Fricke three out of three.

Hope Ben is not too badly hurt.

Very happy with that result - all to play for and anyones guess as to who will go through.

The most important result may be how serious Bens injury is though - fingers crossed.

With regard to the riding order I have said before that perhaps Rohan should be at 5 .

Perfectly poised and all to play for. Interesting that had this been a League meeting, we would have picked up another point, and against a very very good side. We've been excellent on the road.

Fingers crossed Barker is ok.

Loads of people think the rider order change may help, but the order is very rarely changed unless forced. Shame really as it could help.

Phew. Happy with that :)

your boy was brilliant,with a decent Team manager you might have sneaked a win,unfortunately Barkers fall end your hopes.should have gave Hawkins his 3rd ride in Heat 13 in place of Lanham and put Ellis in Heat 14 IMO.
  • Like 1