British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Devilspoet

Plymouth Devils V Ipswich Witches 12/07

Well, back to the topic in the title!

It would appear that Ipswich are keen on the 13 heat formula from the 70's, as they've just picked up a 44-34 victory at the SBA - that's their second 13-heat win in two days - bet no-one can beat that this season!

Seriously though, with six re-runs in the match, I hope nobody from either team has picked up an injury that could keep them on the sidelines. All those re-runs contributed to the curfew taking effect after only 13 heats.

Edited by Travertine
  • Like 1

Are we allowed to mention Ips***h in a thread about Ipsw**h ???

Well I'm going to mention them. :wink:

Well done Ipswich Witches on a fine 4 point win at Plymouth tonight. Curfew mean't they only raced until heat 13 but the lads had a 10 point lead by then.

• Like 2

Well done the witches on an away win

One very bent bike for us though :((

Well done the witches on an away win

One very bent bike for us though :((

As long as Adam is OK though :wink:
  • Like 1

I'm in Poland. Just waiting to talk to him

Obviously great team effort again but particularly well done to Lanham. He's been through a rough patch recently but by all accounts he looked sharp last night at Foxhall, and another very good score tonight which is nice to see.

Can't help but be impressed with Heeps he's having a terrific season and clearly so much more to come.

• Like 1

What a disasterous meeting for Plymouth, both on and off the track. Im glad i no longer consider myself to be a Devils fan, as the way in which some of the fans conducted themselves tonight was simply appaulling. Before the meeting had even started one of the Plymouth regulars caused an unneccessary scene by piping up and telling

another regular that they could not sit where they

had pl anned to sit between the 3rd and 4th bend

because that is where He sits every week. When

the other fan didnt move, the idiot, who for some

reason seems to think he has claims to this

particular patch of land, started ranting and actually threw two chairs belonging to the other

fan down the bank towards the safety fence!!

In a separate incident a different group of fans

cheered loudly when Ben Barker had a nasty

looking crash on the first corner. They also

cheered when Adam Ellis came off between the

3rd and 4th bend. It was obvious his crash was caused by Kozza locking up infront of him. The ref made the correct decision in excluding Kozza and this resulted in the group, who are also regular Plymouth fans, effing and blinding and calling the ref all sorts of names.

This behaviour is what you would have expected when fooball hooliganism was rife in this country, not what you expect to see at speedway, which has always prided itself on being a family sport

I have watched speedway all over the country and abroad and have never seen behaviour as bad as this from fans before. If there were any new comers there tonight with young families, then I very much doubt that they return anytime soon!!

• Like 1

Thankfully the vast majority of Speedway fans don't like seeing a rider crash. At Foxhall last night we were looking forward to the 4's, and saying, although all teams fans want their team to win, It's more about having a good day out. After the semi, if our team is out, we'll be down for a bit, but then we'll look forward to the final, hoping that the best team wins. As for tonight, well done lads, and great to see Leigh get a decent score. He was looking sharp out of the gate last night, hopefully he's got his season back on track. We've been lucky (so far) this season with hardly any injuries, hopefully this will continue.

• Like 1

Only just got the result after a night in the forest with no phone signal.

What a team effort but Leighs score put a smile on my face. Well done fella!

What a disasterous meeting for Plymouth, both on and off the track. Im glad i no longer consider myself to be a Devils fan, as the way in which some of the fans conducted themselves tonight was simply appaulling. Before the meeting had even started one of the Plymouth regulars caused an unneccessary scene by piping up and telling

particular patch of land, started ranting and actually threw two chairs belonging to the other

3rd and 4th bend. It was obvious his crash was caused by Kozza locking up infront of him. The ref made the correct decision in excluding Kozza and this resulted in the group, who are also regular Plymouth fans, effing and blinding and calling the ref all sorts of names.

This behaviour is what you would have expected when fooball hooliganism was rife in this country, not what you expect to see at speedway, which has always prided itself on being a family sport

I have watched speedway all over the country and abroad and have never seen behaviour as bad as this from fans before. If there were any new comers there tonight with young families, then I very much doubt that they return anytime soon!!

I have no time for those who celebrate a rider falling (however innocuous) and the chap throwing chairs about should have been shown the exit with a threat that a second incident would result in him being barred. Having said that, every track has share of idiots and reading though posts about Plymouth there a number who suggest they have some of the best fans in the business. I'd agree, and given the quality of racing at SBA it would take more than a few brain donors to put me off.

The on track performance was undeniably affected by Gathercole's absence and the lack of a number one, Smith being anything but on the night. Allied to the fact that the opposition are the PL's form side and a match anywhere for anyone, a home defeat shouldn't be too disappointing.

What cannot be disputed is that Plymouth have stepped up massively this season (albeit from a low starting point)both on and off track. The stadium has been updated significantly (although most of the work cannot be seen) and at the start of the season a team that looked pretty tidy to me was put out. When that didn't work, they came up with Bech Jensen, probably the best signing made by any British club this season and one that took everyone (outside Devon, anyway) by surprise. They have now replaced Proctor with Alden.

It seems to me that sooner or later Plymouth will put out a championship challenging side, such is the ambition of Messrs Stephens and Taylor. I can't help but wonder how many 'former devils' will come running back to SBA as fast as their legs will carry them when that happens, no doubt boasting to the ignorant how they stood by the team when they were struggling.

If you don't like the moderators on this forum, Find a new one.

Just be glad that they put the UNPAID hours in to control this site and pay for the servers.

and they don't charge, It's free.

THINK SOMEBODY NEEDS TO GET A HISTORY LESSON ON NAZI ADMIN... Pity the hard working admin's who do the hard work on here can't knock on your door like the SS

If you don't like the moderators on this forum, Find a new one.

Just be glad that they put the UNPAID hours in to control this site and pay for the servers.

and they don't charge, It's free.

The point is that they don't control the site. The moderation is reactive only, i.e. based on reports from users, and is totally anonymous, with no explanation for the actions taken.

If there was real moderation they wouldn't allow people like you with multiple personalities, doling out dross and refusing to acknowledge anyone with a different viewpoint.

* Edited with typo correction.

Edited by Had Enough
  • Like 1

I cant comment on the chair incident as I didn't see it, although I did see some chairs down by the fence. Smiths exclusion: Absolutely spot on. Smith locked up momentarily entering the 3rd turn,Ellis had nowhere to go. Very nasty fall. Regarding Ben Barker: On the pre meeting parade, some near me were cheering Ben and saying how much they wanted him back next season. Yet staggeringly, when Ben fell after clashing with Kurtz on the 1st turn, they almost all CHEERED. I had a fair old argument with them about their actions. Their reply was that hes not a Devil, so who cares! Not true fans in my opinion.Bloody disgraceful. Oh and our numpty of a presenter has been to the school of idiots again. Hes top of the class! On the introductions he introduced the team in the wrong order. He was clearly using the rain off programme from earlier in the season, not the insert with the correctly listed teams. hes even giving village idiots a bad name. Finally, Well done to the Witches who enjoyed a very easy and comfortable away win.

Only just got the result after a night in the forest with no phone signal.

What a team effort but Leighs score put a smile on my face. Well done fella!

His away form is the key to success this year imo...