British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mickthemuppet

Ipswich V Scunthorpe 18/7

He wont, and Thursday will be a tough one. Witches by 8..........

He wont, and Thursday will be a tough one. Witches by 8..........

I agree - if there is a change Ben wont be it.

Also agree that this will be really tough.

Auty,Howe,Jorgensen,Klindt plus r/r(presumably) is very solid.

Will be tight and I would be very happy with an 8 point win.

Surely 2 changes would be made, Barker and king? Hope Barker doesn't get a call though from a selfish Ipswich supporter point of view. We are gonna find this very hard as it is. Could be another home loss here unless all our riders are bang on form. Got to give it to Scunthorpe though, they normally seem to have a very strong team and always make changes to improve their chances of silverware. Personally I would now make them favourites for the title after the change they have just made.

Oh well. No Barker on Thursday it is then, good luck to him, but I dare say he will be dropped again for next year's world cup. So guests? Who is there? Josh G? Pretty limited on anyone that could score a few points. Worrall? Anyone but that useless donkey Doolan. I think a loss is on the cards now, shame after doing so well away lately.

Edited by Baldyman

Can we call it off due to international call ups, they do it in football, but that's a proper sport. But very unfair on the witches, there's only 2 riders that can possibly replace Ben, Doyle and Cook. With those two out of the equation, we'll struggle.

Oh well. No Barker on Thursday it is then, good luck to him, but I dare say he will be dropped again for next year's world cup. So guests? Who is there? Josh G? Pretty limited on anyone that could score a few points. Worrall? Anyone but that useless donkey Doolan. I think a loss is on the cards now, shame after doing so well away lately.

You wont lost, Scunthorpe are without Birks meaning Jorgensen and the reserves have extra rides, The way Birks has been riding this year they wont score the points Birks would have.

Jorgensen has normally been very good at Ipswich, so night not be as bad as you think, and Ashley may not have been so good, you can never tell, but only surmise.

I would go for someone like Stuart Robson or Richard Lawson who had a good meeting in the test match at Ipswich.

On any other night........it would have to be either Cook or Doyle.........Robbo probably next best option? This is going to be a tight one, if we get all the points, it will be a good nights work.

I agree - if there is a change Ben wont be it.

Also agree that this will be really tough.

Auty,Howe,Jorgensen,Klindt plus r/r(presumably) is very solid.

Will be tight and I would be very happy with an 8 point win.

We were wrong there, and that will make the task on Thursday even harder. Choice of guest will be pivotal....

A little surprised to see Ben selected for the WC - not because his form doesnt warrant it but because I didnt think they would ditch Cook.

It makes this one too close to call - any win will do now.

Of course I still think we will win but now only just!!

Think I'd prefer R/R to be honest. Lanham seems to have hit a bit of form and he, Risager, Tungate and Heeps are all capable of winning races at Foxhall.

I personally think the points gathered by those lads would be on a par with any guest other than Cook or Doyle.

Not a fan of guests anyway I'd rather use our own riders so R/R for me.

Edited by CardinalSin