British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mickthemuppet

Ipswich V Scunthorpe 18/7

I cant be right ALL of the time! Lol

I cant be right ALL of the time! Lol

Im sure it wont happen again in my lifetime.. :rofl:

Klindt for Palm Toft? Scunny suddenly look as good as anything in the League.

Kind of proves it's not vital to get your team building spot on during the winter, as long as you can make the right changes in time for the play offs.

Think we'll get turned over here especially without Barker and Tungate's fitness issues after that horrific crash at Peterborough.

That's exactly what it's all about, making the right changes. They have changed one rider and now look like champions to me. When we had the chance we done nothing, that was okay while we had cam at reserve, but we all knew that wasn't going to last. Now the rider that should have been changed when we had the chance averaged has dropped even more, making it even harder to make that change if it's needed

Still think this will be a comfortable home win. Klindt for Toft makes Scunny stronger but then it's r/r for Birks who is flying and with only Jorgensen and the reserves to replace him makes them considerably weaker.

I haven't said we are not doing well, so cut the bull, but there is no harm thinking we could be doing even better. Were Scunthorpe happy with what they had? No. They wanted to be better. I follow my team most places to, so am happy following the team as it is, but excuse me for wanting more.

Edited by Baldyman

Ye Gods! The team is doing very well, yet still someone moans....

To be fair to Baldyman he is largely positive and when not so it is a constructive and valid point.

He also travels to many of the away meetings so possibly gets a more rounded view than many of us that cant.

Baldy is quite right, yes we're doing well, but that doesn't mean you should sit back and congratulate yourselves. You must always look to improve and be even better than you currently are.

I'll be honest, I've been disappointed with Hawkins' performances SO FAR as although he's never pulled up any trees in his career, I can't remember him ever being quite this poor. You also have to question his commitment to the cause as we're led to believe he took some persuading to remain for the season.

Just how much hunger and desire does he actually have?

That position in the team has been a bit of a disaster really. Firstly Makinen and now Hawkins although to be fair, it was never going to be easy finding quality on a 5 point average.

But despite that it's been a super effort so far. I've been most pleased with the young lads Heeps and Ellis. Heeps has come on leaps and bounds from last year and Ellis has shown flashes of brilliance.

Hopefully Louis is already on the case to retain Ellis next season as just like Heeps this year, I fully expect Ellis to improve again in his second year.

Edited by CardinalSin
  • Like 3

Baldy is quite right, yes we're doing well, but that doesn't mean you should sit back and congratulate yourselves. You must always look to improve and be even better than you currently are.

I'll be honest, I've been disappointed with Hawkins' performances SO FAR as although he's never pulled up any trees in his career, I can't remember him ever being quite this poor. You also have to question his commitment to the cause as we're led to believe he took some persuading to remain for the season.

Just how much hunger and desire does he actually have?

That position in the team has been a bit of a disaster really. Firstly Makinen and now Hawkins.

But despite that it's been a super effort so far. I've been most pleased with the young lads Heeps and Ellis. Heeps has come on leaps and bounds from last year and Ellis has shown flashes of brilliance.

Hopefully Louis is already on the case to retain Ellis next season as just like Heeps this year, I fully expect Ellis to improve again in his second year.

Doubtful, With a premier league for everybody strongly touted; He will end up at Lakeside.

Doubtful, With a premier league for everybody strongly touted; He will end up at Lakeside.

If that happens then you're probably right. Personally I'd be excited to see one big league but we'll see what happens in the coming months.
  • Like 1

I also would love to see one big league different venues, tonight i believe an away win might happen.

I also would love to see one big league different venues, tonight i believe an away win might happen.

You could be right - at Redcar maybe!

Could be mighty close this one , Scunny do appear to have a strong 1 to 5 !

Lets hope our reserves can do the business as I think that may be where it's decided .

I think I'll go for a narrow Witches victory , hopefully securing all league points .