British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mickthemuppet

Ipswich V Scunthorpe 18/7

Doubtful, With a premier league for everybody strongly touted; He will end up at Lakeside.

That's a dead cert if Sky pull the plug...

Blackbird is on form at the moment, it will be intresting to see how he goes aganist Ellis (and Hawkins) in Ht 2.

Whoops - an anti-climax! Still, big up for clearing the track!

Edited by Travertine
  • Like 1

A good point for the Scorpions - the Klindt/Auty/Howe heat leader trio should serve them well, and see them featuring much more in the run-in to the season.

Ipswich definitely felt the loss of Tungate early on, his three replacement rides by Ellis were three big fat zeros - Rohan would have scored at least enough to take all three points.

Ellis vs Blackbird wasn't up to much, in fact both were out-scored by their partners, Douglas on 7+1 and Hawkins, who might now revel in the reserve slot, picking up 8+2, both from five rides.

Any news on the social media on Tungate?

If that happens then you're probably right. Personally I'd be excited to see one big league but we'll see what happens in the coming months.

It's all well and good being excited about one big league, but the experience of the "Amalgamation" was awful. It may have been a while ago, but there are still a few of the same personalities around who dragged British speedway back into the dark ages again. While the lunatics are running the asylum, I have no faith that things will get better.

Top performance from the Witches to pick up the win.

As soon as Rohan went down you knew it was going to be tough and any win would do.

Cam was great and unlucky to miss out on heat 15 IMO. Possibly not picked as being at No2 he hadnt been on the track for so long where as Leigh rode a superb heat 13.

Both Ritchies also brilliant tonight. Strange that Hawkins didnt get 1 of the extra rides.

Scunny worked hard although Auty blocked his team mates as much as the Witches!!

Given the circumstances 2 points gained rather than 1 lost in my book.

It's all well and good being excited about one big league, but the experience of the "Amalgamation" was awful. It may have been a while ago, but there are still a few of the same personalities around who dragged British speedway back into the dark ages again. While the lunatics are running the asylum, I have no faith that things will get better.

I'd still be excited about one big league. I hope it happens. Edited by CardinalSin

Ellis vs Blackbird wasn't up to much, in fact both were out-scored by their partners, Douglas on 7+1 and Hawkins, who might now revel in the reserve slot, picking up 8+2, both from five rides.

Blackbird hasn't had many competitive meetings at Foxhall - and it's never been a productive track for him.

Ellis is a huge talent, but has still only been riding speedway for one year - there are bound to be ups and downs.

Just happy to win after Rohans exit from the meeting !

Had we have gone with r/r if his fitness was suspect I think all 3 pts would have been obtained .

Even a half fit Rohan wouldn't have scored 0 pts .

A pretty decent all round effort from the lads considering .

Well done and thanks to Richie Worrall for covering Bens absence admirably .

Edited by Super Blue
  • Like 1

Top performance from the Witches to pick up the win.

As soon as Rohan went down you knew it was going to be tough and any win would do.

Cam was great and unlucky to miss out on heat 15 IMO. Possibly not picked as being at No2 he hadnt been on the track for so long where as Leigh rode a superb heat 13.

Both Ritchies also brilliant tonight. Strange that Hawkins didnt get 1 of the extra rides.

Scunny worked hard although Auty blocked his team mates as much as the Witches!!

Given the circumstances 2 points gained rather than 1 lost in my book.

Agreed. Up against it tonight so definitely 2 points gained. A lot better from Hawkins tonight. More of the same needed from here on in.

Heeps again impressive and got better as the meeting wore on. I have high hopes for this lad.

Had we have gone with r/r if his fitness was suspect I think all 3 pts would have been obtained .

On the other hand,if we had had Birks we would have won!!

Well-earned point by Scorps in absence of Birks - had Ash been riding, it would have been an away win. Although I guess Ippo also had their problems.

Nicolai Klindt already looking a good signing.

All the best

Rob

Blackbird hasn't had many competitive meetings at Foxhall - and it's never been a productive track for him.

Ellis is a huge talent, but has still only been riding speedway for one year - there are bound to be ups and downs.

Adam was struggling all night with the set up on a new clutch. Ended up over compensating while trying to make up for not getting out of the gate and popped his shoulder out in the heat 12 crash

On the other hand,if we had had Birks we would have won!!

At least SuperBlue said "I think all 3pts would have been obtained". A fully fit Tungate and Birks *might* have cancelled each other out, but no guarantees, and we will never know. Auty getting a maximum could have won it for the Scorpions, but that didn't happen either.

Sounds like a fair result in the circumstances.

I've said this before, and I will say it again, don't know what gearing Adam is running, but again his bike looks really slow down the straight, but it's pretty good on the turns. Very good from both Ritchie tonight. Once jorgensen put him through the fence you could see after that, that he was much more aggressive and rode and scored better because of it. Let's hope he can keep it up. Let's hope rohan is fully fit for next week

Happy with two points in the end. Nice to see Ritchie getting amongst the points, and thanks to the other Ritchie for leading from the front, great team riding with Leigh in heat 13. Heat 11? Did anybody else think that it should have been a 1-5? Everybody where I stood had filled their prog in as a 2-4, not even close, or so we thought. As for the one league thing, would love to see it, but where do the riders come from, we haven't got enough riders now, take out the handful of top stars and doubling up lads, and there's a massive shortage. Looking at the "real" league table, Scunny have a lot of catching up to do, but when they get Birks back, I reckon they'll take some stopping.

Edited by spanner47