British Speedway Forum
LagutaRacingFan

World Cup Race Off - 18th July 2013

Great to see the American youngster Greg Hancock do well

and the sad reality is, if the usa had brought over someone like venegas, janniro and included hamill, they would have given our worst two a beating.... :shock:

Edited by mikebv

Has Middleditch resigned yet?

(That seminar that he couldn't be bothered travelling all the way to Coventry to attend to get a team managers licence, it didn't include an IQ test did it? Was that what he was dodging?)

If it wasn't blatantly obvious beforehand it is now crystal clear that other than Woffinden we have nothing at this level. Is there any way that this slide into obscurity can be arrested.

• Like 1

Very entertaining meeting. Take care all. Alan.

Well, with the rider's we had it's a total embarrassment to finish bottom of the pile. Wells, Fisher & Manzares should not be leading Harris, Bridger & Baker.

Absolute joke.

• Like 3

If it wasn't blatantly obvious beforehand it is now crystal clear that other than Woffinden we have nothing at this level. Is there any way that this slide into obscurity can be arrested.

My thoughts exactly.

What a great result only a point behind Latvia

cannot believe we havent yet had a chorus of 'Land Of Hope and Glory' given the magnificent achievement???

in your face Finland, where are you Hungary?, time for your sunbeds Germans...

sing..

say we are seventh/(eighth if you include a proper russia, ninth if you include a proper sweden) in the world,

say we are seventh/eighth/ninth in the world...

say we are seventh/eighth etc etc etc ......

Edited by mikebv

So, we finished behind Latvia & a 1 man USA team.

An total abject embarrassment for British Speedway & shows how utterly abysmal our current crop of riders are.

Been following the sport for 36 years & this must the lowest that GB have ever been in the Speedway world, seemingly light years behind even the likes of Russia & Latvia.

1 decent World Class rider & he's an Aussie!! Bet Tai must regret choosing to represent us over the Aussies??

• Like 1

Culminating in Pearson declaring: "Australia are two points behind Australia". What a broadcaster!

Well at least he knows where he is unlike Eurosports muppet who thought he was in Moldow during the Danish GP.

Really good meeting, very absorbing and even a few good races.

Of course we would have won if we had used Cook and Worrall who would have both gotten double figures :rofl: :rofl:

Shows we are at our level and will struggle to up our perfromance with whats on offer.

The US did well but have a great team spirit unlike ours who just bitch and moan on Twitter.

Latvia no surprise and they did it without having to cheat.

I think it's Danish year this year but then it's 'not genius play' to figure that out

Middlo has made massive mistakes tonight? Why take Bomber out of his ride when he scored 5 from his last 2? If you wanted to use the joker then use him. That would have gave Tai an xtra ride later on. Bizzare pulling out your 2nd best rider.

• Like 5

Nothing short of a disgrace from 'Great' Britain ..absolutley abominable performance from most of the team including the management..im a Middlo liker generally but ive seen enough evidence from him to suggest it is time to go and for the B.S.P.A to stop fannying around and get Rosco on to the job...he wouldnt p**s about with the likes of Bridger and Barker and im pretty sure he would be far more passionate about trying to instill a winning and fighting mentality into some of those clowns than Neil currently does..just my opinion altho im sure Starman and co will attempt to shoot me down and back Middlo up

Btw if i could swear on here by god i F*%&$NG would!!!

• Like 3

Don't particularly like to say it but congratulations to Australia - they deserved the victory !

What is really galling is that Team GB (England) have been beaten by both Latvia and the USA (well done Greg Hancock) tonight.

I don't want to blame any of the riders, they did their best, including Ed Kennett & Craig Cook

However, the BSPA and the Team Manager (who couldn't be bothered to ratify his position) should be so ashamed of themselves - I repeat, so ashamed....hang your heads guys...

No doubt, as per usual, there will be no comment, inquest or investment and ultimately no plan for the future and the decrepit decline will continue

I'm afraid your 'watch' has killed/is killing British Speedway stone dead - whilst you sit on your arses in your 'Ivory Towers'..making a living whilst you destroy British Speedway

Take Note... :t:

Am off to the pub now... :drink:

Edited by yerropes

Middlo has made massive mistakes tonight? Why take Bomber out of his ride when he scored 5 from his last 2? If you wanted to use the joker then use him. That would have gave Tai an xtra ride later on. Bizzare pulling out your 2nd best rider.

Disagree. You should use your joker with your top rider replacing one of the weaker riders. So from that point of view Middlo got it right, though you would question the wisdom of using your joker against Hancock!!

I generally don't get too worked up about Middlo getting the GB job, as he can only do what he can with the riders available (you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear). Unfortunately, this SWC he has made a messy purse made out of pigskin, less with his tactics, but more with his selections.

Eddie shouldn't have been picked at Lynn.

Cook should have been persevered with.

Bridger and Barker should have been nowhere near Prague tonight.

• Like 3