British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rhidassa

King's Lynn V Isle Of Wight Weds 17th July @ 7.30pm

As far as I'm aware, King's Lynn v Isle of Wight is still going ahead tomorrow at 7.30pm.

(Though this doesn't appear on King's Lynns website...!)

Any idea on line-ups? I'm sure confirmation of whether or not Robert Lambert is riding might get a few more people in, though after the World Cup yesterday I fear this may be a sparser than ever crowd!

It's a home meeting so I'm sure Robert Lambert will be there. It's the away meeting's he doesn't do.

<full of personal abuse so removed>

They do say " there is no such thing as bad column inches" but on a serious note I don't think it was meant like that. I think Rhidassa was just making the point if the line ups were confirmed it may bring a few more people through the gates. How can that be disrespecting Robert?

Gunna be a hard meeting for the young stars

They do say " there is no such thing as bad column inches" but on a serious note I don't think it was meant like that. I think Rhidassa was just making the point if the line ups were confirmed it may bring a few more people through the gates. How can that be disrespecting Robert?

I assume the comments were directed at Triple B's rather than me... but yes, that was the point I was making.

Seen this on the KL Young Stars Facebook today:

YOUNG STARS

1 Stevie Worrall

2 Lewis Rose R/R

3 Darren Mallett

4 Shane Waldron

5 Lewi Kerr

6 Shane Hazelden

7 Robert Lambert

TEAM MANAGER ROB LYON

I.O.W

1 Rob Branford (G)

2 Danny Stoneman R/R

3 Ben Hopwood

4 Darryl Ritchings

5 Paul Starke (G)

6 Adam Ellis

7 Chris Widman

Edited by rhidassa

Still no Tom Perry and RR for Dan, it's gonna be tough

Yes Rhidassa the comment was for Triple B's not you. You are very correct it does seem that he pulls in the crowd ;)

As far as I know, Robert Lambert is doing all of the home fixtures and 2 away meetings from memory... I'll be there, like I have been for most NL meetings this season. Shame that Lewis Rose is missing as he's been pretty exciting to watch. Take it he's still recovering from that tumble he had whilst riding for Somerset at Rye House a few weeks back?

rr for dan makes the islanders stronger and branford for perry looks good, as perry hasnt been great so far this year, however i expect a stars win, but with starke guesting in place of johnson islanders have the strongest team they have had all season

It will be interesting to see which heats Ellis is in. From a manager's point of view you can put him in Widman's rides and put him against Lambert or give him the R/R rides but that partners him with Branford where you could potentially only score 5 rather than 6 points from your top 2.

I have to congratulate the management on the choice of guests though. If we exclude Lambert & Ellis, only Wright has been better than Branford at this level this year and even though I might have expected Brendan to have 2 of his better rides of the season at KL & Coventry his ankle cant be helped.

@Em: The KL site says Rose is missing with a shoulder problem but I thought the Rye crash was his hip.

Edited by Islander15

Does this mean Ellis will get a new average after this meeting as this is his 4th league meeting?

Does this mean Ellis will get a new average after this meeting as this is his 4th league meeting?

Yes, and effective in 7 days time so he's still at reserve for Coventry away and KL home. Without checking he's on about 10.3 atm so depending how he goes tonight he might be at #1.

@Em: The KL site says Rose is missing with a shoulder problem but I thought the Rye crash was his hip.

Ah righto! Wonder when he picked up this shoulder problem? He rode in the last home meeting, but maybe he's ridden for Somerset since and that's where this problem has come from?

• Like 1