British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fromafar

Seb Alden Quits Uk

Hes got the most talent, ive seen in bandits race jacket. Whether it be finance, machinary or his homelife seb alden never consistantly rode too his true ability. He wasnt the rider we needed after a few weeks that became apparent

• Like 1

I bet its not.

thats not what mr pearson and co are saying. there will be less non-british riders in the pl next season..we need to improve our talent and bring on more riders through the ranks of the pl/nl system. otherwise we aint gonna win any thing at speedway or footie.

There aren't nearly enough British riders of equivalent standard to cover for them.

so where did lewis kerr and the worralls come from, to name but a few.dont think they came out of a Kellogg frostiest packet.

thats not what mr pearson and co are saying. there will be less non-british riders in the pl next season..we need to improve our talent and bring on more riders through the ranks of the pl/nl system. otherwise we aint gonna win any thing at speedway or footie.

so where did lewis kerr and the worralls come from, to name but a few.dont think they came out of a Kellogg frostiest packet.

If the new point limit for 2014 is true, P.L will have difficulty fitting in a No1 or any assessed riders. Top rider will be no more than an eight pointer, and no club will risk an assessed seven rider or even a five pointer. Seems like a short sighted decision by promoters to lowe the costs, rather than trying to increase the crowds.

If the new point limit for 2014 is true, P.L will have difficulty fitting in a No1 or any assessed riders. Top rider will be no more than an eight pointer, and no club will risk an assessed seven rider or even a five pointer. Seems like a short sighted decision by promoters to lowe the costs, rather than trying to increase the crowds.

What is this new points limit then if you don't mind me asking? Cant understand the logic of offering watered down product to save money, if your dwindling bunch of supporters don't like what they see now they wont turn up to watch, which is what many are doing, how would three top men and four, "technically" reserves entice anyone back? :blink:

... Seems like a short sighted decision by promoters to lowe the costs, rather than trying to increase the crowds.

But that's what they've always done :cry:

British Speedway must be one of just a few sports, or maybe even the only sport which has failed to capitalise on Sky coverage in any way, shape or form. - simply using the TV cash to subsidise a failing product.

• Like 2

In response to the original post are there enough British riders to equally replace riders like Alden, Ostergaard, Wolbert etc? No is the overwhelming answer, of the three riders you mention, two are PL reserves, one of which is struggling big time. Perhaps Kelloggs could have a better go at growing British riders than the BSPA.

What is this new points limit then if you don't mind me asking? Cant understand the logic of offering watered down product to save money, if your dwindling bunch of supporters don't like what they see now they wont turn up to watch, which is what many are doing, how would three top men and four, "technically" reserves entice anyone back? :blink:

TBF, it's that, or nothing. It seems almost every club is in trouble - there are a handful of exceptions and it probably wouldn't be hard to work out who they are.

Such a talented guy really hope he comes back one day he will be missed at Lynn.

I believe it will be 38.5. team will prob be a an 8 a 7 a 6 . 2 x 5 a 4.5 and a 3. or any strange combination of that

Thats not the answer making it 38.5 whats next only ten heats a meeting. and b.t.w i dont have the solution but thats not the answer.

38.5 Is actually 12 heats (more or less). Did the sport fall to bits when the limit was 41 in 1999? (41 with bonus points is lower than 38.5 without). Also, it surely better to have everyone on a real 38.5 rather than most on 42 and a strugling team in technically 42 but a couple of foreignors on 5s but only really worth that between them, this that team is actually only averging 37 anyway. A lower points limit should mean more equality.

I believe it will be 38.5. team will prob be a an 8 a 7 a 6 . 2 x 5 a 4.5 and a 3. or any strange combination of that

Padlock the gates,unless your going to charge a fiver admission
  • Like 1

Seeing the fans off as per...

Speedway online though not as good as the real thing, its a able substitute.

Its a shame the way speedway is being run across the world

38.5 PL or 38.5 one big league?

What a load of drivel

• Like 2