British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Van Helsing

Glasgow Sign Dakota North

Hopefully this will kickstart our season, and we will finally get a win ...:D

• Like 2

North will certainly strengthen Glasgow,maybe this signing and the signing of Thomsen is obviously to win meetings this season but also an eye on the Tigers team for next year.

• Like 3

Top signing. I'm delighted and I'll be back on Sunday. I wonder what 'state' Dakota North will be in to race. What ? :party:

• Like 1

good luck to the lad - he has been struggling for the Panthers of late and hopefully more track time will improve his confidence... :t:

• Like 1

This is a good signing short term dont get me wrong. However, realistically this is not a signing with next season in mind as I doubt very much North will be there as he rides in Poland. So for Glasgow right now, what purpose is the signing of North considering there season is already well and truly over, they have 2 heat leaders who dont care anymore as they are retiring. Why not just bring in another 7 pt assessed rider and get him an ave for next year? Just an observation, look forward to being told this signing is the future of the club and so on.

Because at the end of the day, we have lost 11 or 12 on the trot, to bring in another assessed rider as well as Anders, would be madness. We still need to try and win matches this season and bring people through the door. Regardless of our heatleaders (which I would be inclined to agree with your opinion about them), to bring in a proven performer at PL level like Dakota makes sense to try and get some points on the board and not make this season an absolute abject failure.

• Like 4

Good luck at Glasgow Dakota................as others have said hopefully it will kick start the season.............

RP

This is a good signing short term dont get me wrong. However, realistically this is not a signing with next season in mind as I doubt very much North will be there as he rides in Poland. So for Glasgow right now, what purpose is the signing of North considering there season is already well and truly over, they have 2 heat leaders who dont care anymore as they are retiring. Why not just bring in another 7 pt assessed rider and get him an ave for next year? Just an observation, look forward to being told this signing is the future of the club and so on.

What team has ever signed Dakota North with the next season in mind?

What team has ever signed Dakota North with the next season in mind?

Erm, I would imagine Peterborough did :/

• Like 1

Don't have enough matches to get an average only 3 away matches. Dakota North is very much a rider who will hit the ground running in a monumental effort to lift us off the bottom of the pile, also a rider who I fully expect will be elsewhere next season. I would say the only reason he has signed is because he needs meetings as his Polish outings have dried up and struggling of late in EL.

Welcome to our midden, Dakota.

Edited by JakeDaniels

Don't have enough matches to get an average only 3 away matches. Dakota North is very much a rider who will hit the ground running in a monumental effort to lift us off the bottom of the pile, also a rider who I fully expect will be elsewhere next season. I would say the only reason he has signed is because he needs meetings as his Polish outings have dried up and struggling of late in EL.

Welcome to our midden, Dakota.

Any meetings will tag onto 2012 as part of his ongoing rolloing average wont they?

Any meetings will tag onto 2012 as part of his ongoing rolloing average wont they?

I think they meant a new 7 point assessed rider wouldn't have enough meetings