British Speedway Forum
martin_t

Oh Dear, Lee Guilty Of Drug Possession

I suppose if he didn't take the speed to keep him going he wouldn't have needed the weed to calm him down a bit of a viciius circle. I have a long history with the Netherlands and I agree hash should be legal as it would stop all these mind bending cheap imitations which circulate. Lets not use this as a form of knocking someone succesful in the sport as seems to be the culture on here. If someone has a modicum of success they get shot down in flames. Lets face it if he had been addicted to painkillers (cocdamol) or prozac no one would have battered a eyelid

Lets hope he can sort his problems out..

PS I am not a user myself

Edited by TMW

That Bloke Lee is nothing but a robber !!! He robbed me of years of seeing him ride. He was the best thing I ever saw throw a leg over a Speedway bike, yet he was washed up all too soon. Am I bitter that Lee used drugs ? To Bloody right I am. !

That Bloke Lee is nothing but a robber !!! He robbed me of years of seeing him ride. He was the best thing I ever saw throw a leg over a Speedway bike, yet he was washed up all too soon. Am I bitter that Lee used drugs ? To Bloody right I am. !

I am glad we had at least 8 great seasons from him,winner once placed twice and a fourth in 6 world final appearances.He made his choices but in my opinion the speedway authorities have alot to answer for they destroyed his speedway career.
  • Like 1

and he wouldn't have been any of that If he hadn't been who he was warts and all. You can't have one without the other, i'm affraid. A bit like Barker if he wasn't who he is he wouldn't be the rider he is. I for one find Barker very entertaining both on and off the track

Translation on request.

• Like 1

Must be one of the things on the local police's "to do" list. Every so often raid and search Mike Lee's house and get an easy bust.

Pointless.

• Like 1

You have to laugh,he gets caught with a bit of wacky backy in his pocket and his life is in tatters I got a bit in my pocket,my car,my draw I cant remember where else I have hid it,is my life in tatters?...far from it!!!!

• Like 1

What an incredible pointless comment! Unless there's going to be a deeper, more meaningful one now that you have had some responses?

Edited by Guest

Michael Lee has probably received a greater fine than anybody else, due to his 'previous'. Although classed as illegal, the drugs were pretty low grade, they didn't find crack on him. Personally, I have sympathy for him. I went through a divorce a few years back, after 13 years marriage, Michael, an 11 year relationship breakdown. Me, I certainly took to drinking more, Michael, a bit of cannabis and speed, which he says was used to help with his work load. I wonder what the traders in the city use to keep them going, god only knows! I wish Michael Lee all the very best and hope his life settles down.

• Like 2

What an incredible pointless comment! Unless there's going to be a deeper, more meaningful one now that you have had some responses?

Thank you so much for your considred response, now that i have your feelings, how am i meant to sleep at night ?. Get over yourself

Edited by semion

To all who are slagging him off...Easy to kick a bloke when he is down, not so easy to go tell him to his face what a loser he is. Not the crime of the century and in more liberal countries not a crime at all. Total non story, had he been pushing or selling outside the local school then jail him otherwise leave him alone. As someone earlier said must be in a calender at the local cop shop to go search Michael Lee.

Well i for one wish Michael all the very best

• Like 2

#

I have noticed that you seem to have a problem understanding humour / sarcasm, maybe you should refrain from posting until you read the post a few times

#

I have noticed that you seem to have a problem understanding humour / sarcasm, maybe you should refrain from posting until you read the post a few times

I guess some people think irony is like Metaly or tinny.

Gustix let me try and make you understand. I would pay a lot of Money to see the likes of Mr Lee race again. He was a total joy to watch around Saddlbow, but we never got enough of him. A fair Number of times he failed to turn up on a Saturday to ride. I think many can guess at the reason. He had had it all in Speedway terms, and tossed the lot away. He took a certain route in his life, but as a Speedway rider, he was the real dogs swingers. Like i said, I just felt cheated I didnt get more of him. Then again when something is that good, you always want more of it.

He took Drugs - that is illegal and wrong. END OF!!! :mad:

Oh - and since when do you get Fined up for drinking a couple of pints?

I don't recall the same level of outrage when your mate BFD was banged up for drug dealing? :blink:

• Like 1

What a load of sanctimonious houlier-than-thou tripe some people spout.

Where does it say that his 'life is in tatters' or that he is 'down' etc?

The bloke has been caught with a small amount of recreational drugs for his own personal use.

The fact that this is even a story is a sad indictment on today's society.

I guess it must have been a slow news day in Bury.

• Like 2

I guess some people think irony is like Metaly or tinny.

Gustix let me try and make you understand. I would pay a lot of Money to see the likes of Mr Lee race again. He was a total joy to watch around Saddlbow, but we never got enough of him. A fair Number of times he failed to turn up on a Saturday to ride. I think many can guess at the reason. He had had it all in Speedway terms, and tossed the lot away. He took a certain route in his life, but as a Speedway rider, he was the real dogs swingers. Like i said, I just felt cheated I didnt get more of him. Then again when something is that good, you always want more of it.

Feel the same 'semion' i see alot of him for King,s Lynn,Poole, and endless England and individual meetings a total pleasure.GRW would know more than me because he see Mike develope and see him ride week in week out.When i have met him years ago seemed like a real nice guy and other speedway people i know none of them have a bad word to say but you are right we were ROBBED. Edited by sidney