British Speedway Forum
martin_t

Oh Dear, Lee Guilty Of Drug Possession

Plenty, the point being made is that if you cheer someone you should support them no matter what and it's a disgrace if you don't .Hence the example .

I think 'normal' people would say 'kick a paedophile', but do we think we should kick a drug user?

• Like 1

I think 'normal' people would say 'kick a paedophile', but do we think we should kick a drug user?

I doubt normal people would support a serial drug user and criminal just because they cheer him 30 years ago as you suggest .

I doubt normal people would support a serial drug user and criminal just because they cheer him 30 years ago as you suggest .

They would if they had forgiveness in their hearts.

Edited by Guest

At least Michael Lee is an 'open book'. Did you have an inkling about Jimmy Savile, Stuart Hall, etc etc and perhaps some of the sports stars/TV stars that you hold in high esteem, have skeletons (no pun intended) in their cupboard.

At least Michael Lee is an 'open book'. Did you have an inkling about Jimmy Savile, Stuart Hall, etc etc and perhaps some of the sports stars/TV stars that you hold in high esteem, have skeletons (no pun intended) in their cupboard.

Well you must think Saville and Hall are ok after all I guess you cheer and laugh at them when they were on tv . You already told us that is how you judge people .

I don't hold any of those people in high esteem but seeing you reckon drug dealing and kids being being killed by drugs is ok then it would come as no shock to find that you do.

Well you must think Saville and Hall are ok after all I guess you cheer and laugh at them when they were on tv . You already told us that is how you judge people .

I don't hold any of those people in high esteem but seeing you reckon drug dealing and kids being being killed by drugs is ok then it would come as no shock to find that you do.

I don't think he said that. You are seriously taking Ray out of context. :angry: :angry: :angry:

• Like 1

i never saw Mike Lee ride. What I know of him I don't like him. But I can be objective. He's a silly boy, drugs are bad but it's only himself hes harming.

i never saw Mike Lee ride. What I know of him I don't like him. But I can be objective. He's a silly boy, drugs are bad but it's only himself hes harming.

Actually - it isn't. He is buying from a Dealer who will use his money to purchase further Drugs to sell in his local Community. So it not just himself he is harming - he is financing the Dealer to supply others.

I would like to say though that I hope that Michael can slay his demons, get off the Drugs, and get back to what he is apparently very good at - sorting out Engines.

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 2

SCB..how can you say you don't like him? That, with respect is ridiculous. It's as ridiculous as me saying 'I like him'. None of us really know any Speedway Rider, unless they are close personal friends. We just know them for their track craft. So, are you saying you don't like him because he takes/has taken cannabis? You went to Uni, how many of your associates took something? Many I reckon, so you say 'I don't like them'? Lance Armstrong used to be the darling of the Tour de France. Look at his name now. Personally, I still think he was a great rider.

SCB..how can you say you don't like him? That, with respect is ridiculous. It's as ridiculous as me saying 'I like him'. None of us really know any Speedway Rider, unless they are close personal friends. We just know them for their track craft. So, are you saying you don't like him because he takes/has taken cannabis? You went to Uni, how many of your associates took something? Many I reckon, so you say 'I don't like them'? Lance Armstrong used to be the darling of the Tour de France. Look at his name now. Personally, I still think he was a great rider.

tbf I did say, "what I know of him". I'm also not saying I have an issue with his drug taking, if you read back I've defended him and what's he's done. I believe he should be free to do what he likes at home in his spare time. You're right, I know more than a few people who smoke weed and I don't consider any of them troubled or down at all.

As for Lance, he was a hero of mine, he did something amazing but he's certainly tainted and what Mike Lee has done is not in th same league.

I reckon the Pope need look no further than the BSF when he wants to install a few new saints.

• Like 1

tbf I did say, "what I know of him". I'm also not saying I have an issue with his drug taking, if you read back I've defended him and what's he's done. I believe he should be free to do what he likes at home in his spare time. You're right, I know more than a few people who smoke weed and I don't consider any of them troubled or down at all.

As for Lance, he was a hero of mine, he did something amazing but he's certainly tainted and what Mike Lee has done is not in th same league.

So why don't you like Mike Lee? And who is in the bigger league of 'disappointments', Lance or Mike?

So why don't you like Mike Lee? And who is in the bigger league of 'disappointments', Lance or Mike?

A number of the things he did in his riding days, his hotheadedness, stoppiness. I wonder if Mike regrets any of what he did in his 20s.

Easily Lance, for me what Mikes done is irrelevant, I'd say that about most people. Lance cheated a lot of people.

A number of the things he did in his riding days, his hotheadedness, stoppiness. I wonder if Mike regrets any of what he did in his 20s.

Easily Lance, for me what Mikes done is irrelevant, I'd say that about most people. Lance cheated a lot of people.

Really! But if Mike 'was' smoking weed or popping speed at the height of his career, that may have enhanced his performance. And as we know and maybe still is, the world of cycling is 'so called' drug ridden. If Lance beat people who were also on enhancing drugs, doesn't that level the playingfield? Who remembers Bobby Schwartz with affection? I do. but he was caught with drugs concealed in a Weslake engine! I think he still rides today (bless him!) in the USA. Does that situation colour my opinion of him? Not at all!

Over his career i did not ever see or believe that Mike Lee was a stroppy person far from it quite quiet what i can remember of him.He mostly did his thing and usually very well god knows how many maximums he got at Saddlebow.You are right they're we're a few incidents with EBDON ( who could push the patience of a saint) and Eglese( who destroyed his career).He did have major issues with non turn ups but there in the end he punished himself he did not hurt anyone else. Edited by sidney