British Speedway Forum
mikebaker

Is It Time For Redcar To Dispense Of Matej Kus.

I agree with a few who have said he should have gone a year ago and I could not understand why you brought him back again this year. If you do not think you can make the playoffs and I am not suggesting you can't but last nights defeat will make it difficult, you should try and get someone in now, maybe an assessed foreigner so he is ready for next year. Or you could try Palm Toft, can't be any worse as to be honest, Kus is woeful and has been for a long time. Good Luck in the search.

The time to dispense with Kus was probably long ago,hes been pretty abject for most of the season.

Still see a few teams looking at him for next season,though probably not Redcar.

The time to dispense with Kus was probably long ago,hes been pretty abject for most of the season.

Still see a few teams looking at him for next season,though probably not Redcar.

Which teams would be interested in Kus. The guy is a total waste of a team place.

Its Very Difficult to Write off Riders at any Stage , a Change of track ,Promotion ,or Sponser Maybe, Back in Newport 1965 We had Been allocated Jack Biggs A Quality Rider in 1951 ut this was 14 years later and in 1964 was a Coventry reserve 3 -4 Point Rider, Jack had a New lease of life averaging over 9.00 Per Match and scoring Maximums, so maybe a change may bring the same result

Its Very Difficult to Write off Riders at any Stage , a Change of track ,Promotion ,or Sponser Maybe, Back in Newport 1965 We had Been allocated Jack Biggs A Quality Rider in 1951 ut this was 14 years later and in 1964 was a Coventry reserve 3 -4 Point Rider, Jack had a New lease of life averaging over 9.00 Per Match and scoring Maximums, so maybe a change may bring the same result

Good post i have seen Kus at his best and he can be decent, did he get injured? and then say he got frightened i might be wrong.When he moves and will be on a favourable average who is to say he won't get his confidence back and improve greatly. Edited by sidney

Nohing officialy confirmed, but it looks that the enigma has parted company with Redcar.

How will that work?

If it is announced "officially" that he has left, can he be replaced? (don't think he can),

Can R/R be used?(not sure),

or will he just remain "injured" until after the play-offs? and then the "official" announcement made?

I'm guessing he will just remain injured till the end of the season.

By making your un-official announcement you may well have opened up a can of worms.

By making your un-official announcement you may well have opened up a can of worms.

Why?

It's speculation, which newspapers are full of - indeed they thrive on it, and many sports almost appear to encourage it. Speedway seems to be the only sport that is really defensive when it comes to rumour and speculation, and disliking internet "mischief makers".

Edited by Had Enough

Witholding his services, so r/r is allowed.

If the joke of a promotion were to keep there fans informed, would not have to speculate. So no worms to worry about. We aint gonna progress any further anyway.

Whilst I am no fan of Kus and would not have him back next year - he is by far and away not the only culprit in this Bears side, which is very lucky to have made the play-offs and in no small way thanks to Dyer - indeed we have been a virtual three man team in the shape of Miky, Aaron and Hugh - the only three I would take back, although at best we can only expect Aaron and Hugh back.

Wilkinson and Ostergaard have been very poor - Wilko not hitting 6 and Ostergaard just above a 7 - I would say they both dont get any more plaudits than Kus - and also I dont remember putting into a collection for Kus (injuries aside) to pay for equipment.

It seems an annual event almost to have a whip round for Wilkinson to pay for equipment and same with Ostergaard, if it was not for Motive - god knows what the pair of them would have been riding. I hope for the sake of Redcar Kus, Wilkinson and Ostergaard are kicked out - none are good enough and none will improve.

Redcar racer, you seem very misinformed, especially where Ulrich is concerned. I have never known him make any plea's to the Redcar public for money. Any monies have come from himself or team Motive. Ulrich, has this year, been badly let down by the engines that have been produced for him. Hopefully, now with a new tuner, he will be able to give a good account of himself. In my opinion, if Ulrich was on good equipment, I would have him in my team in a heartbeat.

Nohing officialy confirmed, but it looks that the enigma has parted company with Redcar.

I have spoken to Matej and he says he has not left the bears

Redcar racer, you seem very misinformed, especially where Ulrich is concerned. I have never known him make any plea's to the Redcar public for money. Any monies have come from himself or team Motive. Ulrich, has this year, been badly let down by the engines that have been produced for him. Hopefully, now with a new tuner, he will be able to give a good account of himself. In my opinion, if Ulrich was on good equipment, I would have him in my team in a heartbeat.

I would love to see the abuse Kus would get if somebody claimed his poor form was down to bad engine tuner - Ulrich is a shadow of his former self and most of the time appears to be fighting the bike rather than riding - I think he will do a good job for someone, I just think time has come for the Bears to get rid of a few names this winter.

• Like 1

Whilst I am no fan of Kus and would not have him back next year - he is by far and away not the only culprit in this Bears side, which is very lucky to have made the play-offs and in no small way thanks to Dyer - indeed we have been a virtual three man team in the shape of Miky, Aaron and Hugh - the only three I would take back, although at best we can only expect Aaron and Hugh back.

Wilkinson and Ostergaard have been very poor - Wilko not hitting 6 and Ostergaard just above a 7 - I would say they both dont get any more plaudits than Kus - and also I dont remember putting into a collection for Kus (injuries aside) to pay for equipment.

It seems an annual event almost to have a whip round for Wilkinson to pay for equipment and same with Ostergaard, if it was not for Motive - god knows what the pair of them would have been riding. I hope for the sake of Redcar Kus, Wilkinson and Ostergaard are kicked out - none are good enough and none will improve.

Totally agree, there needs to be more than Kus shown the door, despite Duffills usual big talk, I will be surprised if they win a single match in the play-offs. I'd be pretty pleased if they proved me wrong though. :-)

Totally agree, there needs to be more than Kus shown the door, despite Duffills usual big talk, I will be surprised if they win a single match in the play-offs. I'd be pretty pleased if they proved me wrong though. :-)

They will do OK at Home I reckon.